Fungal nail treatment

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A bread poultice might help to draw out the infection goo. A potato poultice is another option. It relieves some of the pain too.

Soaking your feet in warm salt water with a bit of Dettol & then pushing out the goo :sick:I'm so sorry🤮, that helps too.

I had bad infection on both my big toes when I was younger, 10year old ish. I was a swimmer and am type 1 diabetic. Thankfully I got to see doctor straight away. I was on lots of antibiotics, rinses...etc. Once they got the active infection gone, my toes were so gross, green black color and grew so thick. I had to get them removed as they were extremely painful but the doctor insisted on letting them grow back bc "I'm young girl who needs toe nails" 🙄They were never right and over the years they would get re-infected and need removed again. I've had 5 surgeries on my toes, all of which were actual surgery were they take you in night before and put to sleep that morning to do surgery. I was 20 when I found out you could get it done nice & simple at doctors office & they could easily make it so they won't grow back 😠
To this day, they are still gross & discolored, have never needed cut bc they just kind of break in half every so often 😰 I don't even let my cat see my feet. Socks on always & close toed shoes are must!!! Thankfully they don't hurt anymore 💝
Also thanks for listening 🤗

I bought some tea tree oil from superdrug and put a few drops on/under my nail, took a while but it definitely helped clear it
Tea tree pure oil and oregano oil (be careful, this one you may want to dilute with a carrier oil) are great for it…DoTERRA pure oils! They’re expensive but worth it! They’re pure so potent!

A bread poultice might help to draw out the infection goo. A potato poultice is another option. It relieves some of the pain too.

Soaking your feet in warm salt water with a bit of Dettol & then pushing out the goo :sick:I'm so sorry🤮, that helps too.

I had bad infection on both my big toes when I was younger, 10year old ish. I was a swimmer and am type 1 diabetic. Thankfully I got to see doctor straight away. I was on lots of antibiotics, rinses...etc. Once they got the active infection gone, my toes were so gross, green black color and grew so thick. I had to get them removed as they were extremely painful but the doctor insisted on letting them grow back bc "I'm young girl who needs toe nails" 🙄They were never right and over the years they would get re-infected and need removed again. I've had 5 surgeries on my toes, all of which were actual surgery were they take you in night before and put to sleep that morning to do surgery. I was 20 when I found out you could get it done nice & simple at doctors office & they could easily make it so they won't grow back 😠
To this day, they are still gross & discolored, have never needed cut bc they just kind of break in half every so often 😰 I don't even let my cat see my feet. Socks on always & close toed shoes are must!!! Thankfully they don't hurt anymore 💝
Also thanks for listening 🤗
Oh no, this is why I’ve put off getting my (now TEN) fungal toenails seen to for so long. I’m so scared they’re just going to take all my toenails off 😫😫

Reactions: 2
Oh no, this is why I’ve put off getting my (now TEN) fungal toenails seen to for so long. I’m so scared they’re just going to take all my toenails off 😫😫
I have ten too. I put together a tea tree oil spray and am hoping it will help.

Reactions: 1
Me too. I’ve tried the strong medicine took itraconazale? Didn’t work as fungus came back following year

So glad I’m not alone with 10 fungal toes 😬 Mine are super thick and discoloured.

If you are using oil you should try lightly filing the nail before you apply the oil so it can sink in better. I bought one of those electric nail files to do it and it also makes trimming them much easier! Can get the electric files quite cheap on Amazon.

• Heart
Me too. I’ve tried the strong medicine took itraconazale? Didn’t work as fungus came back following year
I’ve took that one and two rounds of Terbinafine never worked for me.
I also have it on my fingernails but I went to a dermatologist who says he doesn’t think it’s fungal, he had no idea what it was. Clippings from the lab said mild traces of fungal elements found.

Update on my toes tho - after the filing at the podiatrist and a few weeks of the Mycosan daily I can see a whitening of the nail so gonna stick with it and pray for a good sign.

Reactions: 4
I have it in my toe nails. It’s so embarrassing - I went to my gp who refused to give treatment due to the side effects he said they just advise to use tea tree oil. I’ve been filing them and applying the oil and it’s taking a long time (which the gp said it would) but can kinda see a slight difference.

My step dad has suffered with this for most of his life, no tablets or products helped him - on a whim I ordered him this product after reading the reviews and I can confirm that it works! It's completely cleared up and his toenails look so healthy now and for the first time in his life, he's going to buy some sandals as he was always embarrassed before 😩

Attachments

• Heart