Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MsCurly

Chatty Member
I’ve been thinking, we’re all wrecking our brains here but what if Alpine is gonna force Oscar to drive because technically, there is a contract? If it all goes to court and everything?
I have been reading the threads for a while, but this question triggered me to finally comment here. Any contract can be opened. There are usually hefty fines attached to it, but it would not be impossible for Oscar to get out of that contract. Any disputes between drivers and their teams almost never see the inside of a courtroom, because they favour arbitration which is private. A public legal battle is the last thing teams want, because it's usually incredibly bad for their reputation (all of their dirty laundry will be aired).

As legal counsel I understand Oscar's statement, but it's an incredibly dumb thing to do. You do not want to burn bridges until everything has been confirmed with another team. If he doesn't have a media advisor he should get one asap, because Alpine must be raging right now.
On the other hand, I really don't understand why Alpine made this mistake! Contracts usually take months of negotiations, and are only made public after every party has signed and the embargo has been lifted. The basis for any contract is both parties agreeing and declaring that agreement. Someone at Alpine must really have fucked up...

• Heart
Reactions: 31

lni33

VIP Member
Have a lovely evening all! I’m off to go lose another pub quiz but not before stuffing myself at the carvery 😅

C0B54B8D-2EAC-4AC1-96BE-8E4D16CA6302.jpeg

I pray I don’t come back to a million new pages 🙏🏻

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

lni33

VIP Member
Guys! my mum is upgrading our Sky package so now I will be one of the special Sky Q customers that Crofty is always banging on about, how exciting 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

suzananneboyle

Chatty Member
Anyone else reading new Tattle messages like it's the morning newspaper these days? It's the first thing I do after starting up my laptop 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

savedlatin21

VIP Member
I have been reading the threads for a while, but this question triggered me to finally comment here. Any contract can be opened. There are usually hefty fines attached to it, but it would not be impossible for Oscar to get out of that contract. Any disputes between drivers and their teams almost never see the inside of a courtroom, because they favour arbitration which is private. A public legal battle is the last thing teams want, because it's usually incredibly bad for their reputation (all of their dirty laundry will be aired).

As legal counsel I understand Oscar's statement, but it's an incredibly dumb thing to do. You do not want to burn bridges until everything has been confirmed with another team. If he doesn't have a media advisor he should get one asap, because Alpine must be raging right now.
On the other hand, I really don't understand why Alpine made this mistake! Contracts usually take months of negotiations, and are only made public after every party has signed and the embargo has been lifted. The basis for any contract is both parties agreeing and declaring that agreement. Someone at Alpine must really have fucked up...
Yeah, the more I think about it, the less I think of Oscar tbh. There are so many people who would love to be in his position and offered a seat in any F1 team and to put out a tweet like that just comes off disrespectful. Alpine have invested in him over the last few years, and to behave like that is just unprofessional. He's burned bridges before even being on the grid, and even if he supposedly has a deal elsewhere, as we have seen nothing is ever really solidly set in stone. I think he could have handled this in a very different way, and let's hope he doesn't regret yesterday.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

luckycharmz

Someone came out from his detox and pretttty sure getting his Netflix commentaries ready 👀🍿

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23