Food Trends you are sick of seeing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was going to post this on ‘things you’re sick of seeing on social media’ but it isn’t social media as such, even though I see it everywhere, especially on insta 😅

I’ll start: ‘hot cross bun flavoured’ this, ‘hot cross bun stuffed’ that NO just the thought of overly sweet cinnamon weird liquid stuffed cookies makes me feel sick 🤢🤢 what is the point?? Just have a hot cross bun! 😫

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 32
Was going to post this on ‘things you’re sick of seeing on social media’ but it isn’t social media as such, even though I see it everywhere, especially on insta 😅

I’ll start: ‘hot cross bun flavoured’ this, ‘hot cross bun stuffed’ that NO just the thought of overly sweet cinnamon weird liquid stuffed cookies makes me feel sick 🤢🤢 what is the point?? Just have a hot cross bun! 😫
As if the world isn’t overweight and wasteful enough they add more shite like this into the supermarkets 🤢

Reactions: 14
Exactly! Stop the bastardisation of food I say 😅
This is one of my personal hates 🤢 Why do we have to put this in EVERYTHING? What’s next? Biscoff stuffed toilet paper? I miss the days when these biscuits were just for eating with a coffee 😅
FDB54844-0945-43A7-AD35-67D2A84B740A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Chocolate orange, I like it but my god everything new seems to be chocolate orange these days 🙄 think of something new 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Cakes covered in Maltesers, with Kit Kats all around the edge, cream eggs on top - so sickly! What’s wrong with just cake!

Reactions: 46
American style cupcakes. way too sweet I want to make the UK fairy cakes popular again. a fair-sized cake with a small about of topping rather than a mountain of topping that is so sweet it makes your teeth and head hurt. in fact, let's stop with the over sweetening of everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Sourdough. I went to Tesco the other day and over half the loaves were sourdough. I just want normal bread

Reactions: 24
All the flavored coffee creamers. I do not need my coffee to taste like Fruity Pebbles or Reese Pieces.

Reactions: 25
Adding wheat to everything. I can't just buy frozen chips anymore I have to buy naked chips.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I seen chilli hot cross buns 🤢 what is wrong with just a normal hot cross bun. Agree with the biscoff as well, I like the biscoff spread but plonking a biscoff on everything is annoying. Like that costa cupcake which is just a cupcake with a whole biscoff lobbed on the top 😂

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Grazing platters
Freakshakes
Cakes/cupcakes decorated with entire biscuits on top
Anything labelled as 'dirty'
The diversification of products. Like Oreo biscuits? How about Oreo cereal, Oreo ice cream, Oreo Muller Corner, Oreo Dairylea Lunchables WTF?!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
It’s not as much of a trend lately, but those rainbow bagels used to terrify me. They look like they’re made out of Play-Doh. Always reminded me of the imaginary food scene from Hook - all the brightly dyed foods that look like they taste horrible.

Food shouldn’t look like that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Me again

I also hate this trend of people becoming a professional baker cos they've baked a few cakes over lockdown. I've seen so many people make a bakery account and do a boomerang of them opening a box with a biscoff cupcake, a blonde and a old school cake in 😴 and charging 15 quid for it when you can get cheaper cakes in Lidl

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I seen chilli hot cross buns 🤢 what is wrong with just a normal hot cross bun. Agree with the biscoff as well, I like the biscoff spread but plonking a biscoff on everything is annoying. Like that costa cupcake which is just a cupcake with a whole biscoff lobbed on the top 😂
Woah okay I need to draw the line at chilli cheese hot cross buns they are to die for 😂😍🤤🤤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
American style cupcakes. way too sweet I want to make the UK fairy cakes popular again. a fair-sized cake with a small about of topping rather than a mountain of topping that is so sweet it makes your teeth and head hurt. in fact, let's stop with the over sweetening of everything.
This. The way cupcakes have taken over fairy cakes is akin to the way prosecco has taken over cava. Very insidious :LOL:

I will add prosecco and gin to the list. Both overrated.

And all the different flavours of Baileys.

• Heart
Reactions: 26