Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Falkor

VIP Member
Thank you all.

He went rapidly downhill this afternoon and I called the vet out. He went with his head in my arms being told how loved he was and with my two other ones standing close by. I miss him terribly.

Picture from last summer when he was 26, which no one ever believed!

20210801_111020.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
LurkerCat went to the cat hospital today and they have said she has kidney failure and isn't going to get better. She will be taking her journey over the rainbow bridge later this evening and I am absolutely devastated. Goodbye my little sneezy friend.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 41

SundaySchoolTeacher

Hi all. Am a frequent lurker and occasional poster on the MT. Have been struggling a lot with things recently so thought it might be a good idea to spend more time here and less over there is you wouldn’t mind me joining you every now and then?

Sunday School Cat sends best wishes to all too.

8336A332-36CA-40E7-9452-98553AE4F2BD.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Falkor

VIP Member
Small sheepos update. We were planning to sell most of the sheep this year, as we're unlikely to breed them again in the near future, and just keep the handful of tame ones as pet lawnmowers (they're very handy for sorting out the dock leaves and buttercups that the horses won't touch). Only...the sale is now a few weeks away, which means I need to bring them in, decide who stays and goes and sort out any missing ear tags so I can enter them before the deadline, and I've been putting it off and putting it off, because in all likelihood they'd end up as pet food. So I had a chat with Mr F at the weekend and pointed out that they're really no bother when they're out on the commons and not in lamb - and so all 21 are staying and will live out their lives as rather spoilt pets :)

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
Thank you Fraus, I adopted her as an old lady cat so hopefully brought her joy in her older years. She passed peacefully wrapped up on my lap, and even managed to purr a little at the end. I can't stop crying but I'm just glad she isn't in pain any more. Her name was Marge and she was well known for always looking furious. 🔺 myself but hey ho!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Falkor

VIP Member
So he was brilliant for the vet, we got the blood samples and also took two samples out of a lump I wanted checking out. But while the vet agreed at first look that it was definitely worth testing for Cushings because he has so many of the symptoms, once we got into the field shelter and the stethoscope came out, we discovered that his heart is beating at about twice the speed it should be, and the lump turned out to be the edge of something very much bigger lurking in his neck just behind his jaw. So although it could be Cushings, we are probably also looking at heart failure and a tumour. Results from all the tests should be back on Friday, but I think next week we may well be saying goodbye to him :(

The patient is munching happily around some long fresh grass he hasn't been allowed into before and being fed double what he gets in the depths of winter in an attempt to try and keep up with the calories his heart is burning through, plus I've got him a couple of bales of Silvermoor haylage, which is a lovely sweet bagged hay. He's 27 and has had a good run, but our hearts are still breaking here today. Seems impossible that we're here when last month he was still cantering up the hill to come and have his supper.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Things have been getting weird again so I don't have much of substance to offer, I'm just sending a melted Sideboard Catto to anyone who wants one.

casual cat.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Just wanted to pop in here for a bit of a moan as I don't want to merail on the MT - the liking of CFS posts really got to me as I was diagnosed with ME literally yesterday, along with being diagnosed with hypoglycaemia a few months ago so feeling a bit fragile today - I told mr C last night I would totally understand if he wanted to call off our engagement as my health issues are a LOT to deal with (i have frequent hypos/fall asleep all over the place etc) but he told me not to be a ninny (in other words obv) and he put the ring on my finger knowing my issues so is in for the long haul whatever ❤

On another topic, i can't remember if i posted about this but my friend I mentioned before who I was worried about? Her boyfriend messaged me a few weeks ago, basically he found out what was going on as he started sort of watching her after I texted him to say I was worried - she confessed everything to him. He asked if anyone knew and she said I did, so when he told me this he said it took him a few days to message me as at first he was angry for not telling him outright but then after thinking about it realised I gave him enough to work it out without breaking her confidence - she has been to the GP and is starting counselling soon via her work medical care. So thank you from the bottom of my heart to you lovely lot for the advice you gave me ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I'm also a bit conflicted over the MT right now, probably because every chaos we get an influx of new people and obviously we're not all going to rub along together perfectly. Also if I see one more post asking who TD is I'm going to softly and gently flip my lid. Maybe it's just because I'm in a weird mood anyway as things are ...weird.

Currently in a Mexican stand-off with my care team who are very insistent I need more medication and I am equally as insistent I do not. Hospital was mentioned earlier so I'm freaking out a bit. I'm seeing the crisis team over the weekend (mainly to appease my care team) so after that, some chaos with my tender ones will be a highlight x

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Thank you Orphy B ❤ my care co-ordinator was going to speak to a doctor today (again, by the sounds of it every bloody doctor in the place has been consulted which I shall take as a compliment as I'm obviously v speshul) and is ringing on Monday so I have the weekend to prepare. In the meantime I will set up my Paypal, Gofundme and Patreon.

I'm probably just jaded about the MT because I've been here two years, I've seen it all now and I've even contributed useful stuff to the wiki so I'm personally offended whenever someone has blatantly not read it 😂 Honestly never pined for sardines on toast more in my life, this is sheer carnage.

For fans of Sideboard Cat, here's a glimpse of her sunbathing.

hidden sideboard cat.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 32

MrsFawlty

Chatty Member
20220809_175611.jpg

Hopefully I haven't just broken a sacred tenet of Tattle by posting the same pic on 2 forums but I meant to post this here this morning but somehow meaning I did my usual thing and didn't read the details it got posted in share my cat. Fawlty cat is a snappy tiger most of the time but will let my son do this with her.

• Heart
  • Haha

colouredlines

VIP Member
I think one of the reasons the MT feels so off right now - at least for me - is this: those of us who were around back in those crazy lockdown days will remember that the first major JM thread chaos (as opposed to JM chaos) was caused by a poster being unmasked as a prolific troll who had been harassing Jack for years. Of course, the unmasker later turned troll and got banned, and the less said about that the better, but...

At the time, I think we were all quite upset to have someone in our midst breaking the keep it on Tattle rule. In fact, I would say the response was pretty much unanimous. Now we've got this Molly character, who is clearly a Tattler, we've got some known ex-Tattlers going after Jack, as well as a load of other accounts who are pretty clearly coming from here. But this time everyone's cheering them on?

Plus, like...I'm still behind (thread 352), but have reached the point where Molly is directly responding to people on the thread saying "I hope she posts these particular screenshots about gin/furlough/whatever." And, like I said the other day, I'm not here to give anyone a dopamine rush. Molly is clearly motivated, at least in part, by all the "you're so brave" and "yaaaas queen" responses she gets from Tattle, and that feels insanely uncomfortable.

Now let me lighten the mood with some donkeys(!!!). We have had eight donkeys here overnight, on a journey to promote some indigenous breeds in danger of extinction. These are my favourites - these little guys are from the zamorano-leonés breed:

20220806_211844.jpg

An interesting fact (even though it's now Sunday #maverick) is that this particular breed has historically been used to guard cattle from wolves. They are badass donkeys that will attack wolves who come close. I didn't really believe the man who told me this, then I found sources online confirming it, including an interview with a farmer who says they are both more effective than dogs and cheaper to feed!

• Heart
  • Wow

Froggies

Chatty Member
I’ve mostly been MIA because this time last week, Master Froggies was in A&E with a swollen eye “hayfever or an allergy” I’m told and we’re sent on our way.
He wasn’t himself all day and it started to really hurt so Monday morning I called the eye hospital for an emergency appointment…turns out it wasn’t an allergy, it was in fact periorbital cellulitis.

We’ve been in and out of hospital all week but the antibiotics are working, he didn’t require an overnight stay and he enjoyed his last week at infant school (well, the bits he was there for anyway!)

I’m absolutely exhausted but we’re off canoeing today, thankfully it’s a little bit cooler than it has been!

I hope you’re all well, I’m catching up with the old thread and this one! Sorry to see your sad news Falkor, I hope you’re ok xx

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Wooh

VIP Member
I may have mentioned a resident sugar glider (Australian native marsupial) at my place of work...

It has a mate/is a pair. Both are bold, and one has become so habituated to humans it appears at the door, sits on chairs on the deck, poses for photos and isn't wary of any human noise or movement; not even me stomping near it, to [try to] scare it away, in a genuine concern for its safety.

The SG is now included in the retreat "welcome talk": "it's a sugar glider, not a possum, not a rodent, please don't feed it, try to not tread on it."

Simultaneously, we in the kitchen have been confused and annoyed by the constant messing up of fancy teabags in the dining room. It's been like Agatha Christie; accusations, counter allegations, alibis, declarations of innocence, pleas to stop hahaaaaaha

Of course I'm about to reveal it's the sugar glider! I discovered it in the drawers; specifically in a green tea box, which it had half emptied for its comfort.

I'm now "in charge" of its relocation back to a natural outdoor life hehe

Photos attached for, I hope, your pleasure

Screenshot_20220808-114314_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220808-114318_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220808-114338_Gallery.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Sglodion

Chatty Member
Haven't been on here or the the MT in ages - I regret to inform Jack that I really couldn't care less what she's doing atm because I'm currently having a LOVELY TIME in Vietnam. TOOT TOOT!

(...I just really wanted to make this joke :ROFLMAO: Also yes, I'm filming from my table in a roadside cafe - this country is WILD and I'm so here for it.)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

proshootz

The MT is a lot at the moment so just slipping in here to softly, gently say that after my greedy landlord induced housing chaos a couple of months ago, I have now had a mortgage approved and an offer accepted on a fab flat. Fancy!

As a single parent cook, author, accidental conqueror of fears I wasn't sure I'd ever get out of the rental market so feeling quite emotional.

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Moan incoming (please moderate/delete if necessary @Pocahontas 😘).

I have been accused by some Twitter users of moaning on here. I wasn’t moaning. But I am going to moan now. Seeing my username on Twitter (well nitter actually) wasn’t nice but was nothing in comparison to what some had to endure.

Those Twitter users are now being SS’ed on the MT, seem to be interacting with AM and appear (according to my limited understanding of the platform) to be suggesting thread content to her. Looking at the latest thread, it appears it might have been taken on board.

We all have our feelings about those users. We all have our feelings about the potential crossover happening at the moment. This doesn’t sit well in my opinion.

Apologoes of this is out of line. Apologies if I sound cryptic. I don’t intend to be.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad