Flora Beverley (Food Fitness Flora)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought I'd create a thread for Flora as I've seen her mentioned in a few other threads so thought there might be some interest :)

I personally quite like Flora and think her content is often quite valuable. What does everyone else think?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thought I'd create a thread for Flora as I've seen her mentioned in a few other threads so thought there might be some interest :)

I personally quite like Flora and think her content is often quite valuable. What does everyone else think?
i like her, especially compared to her sis grace, flo seems like she’s more open minded and just goes with the flow

I really like her! I started following her mainly for running inspiration and tips. She seems VERY down to earth and 'normal' - rather than a lot of others who are very fake and disingenuous. She has some great information on running/fitness and its refreshing to follow someone who has a real passion!!

I really like her! I started following her mainly for running inspiration and tips. She seems VERY down to earth and 'normal' - rather than a lot of others who are very fake and disingenuous. She has some great information on running/fitness and its refreshing to follow someone who has a real passion!!
i like her too. I really like that she doesn’t push the fact that she’s the “best” she knows she’s not the best one out there but she enjoys it and i appreciate that!

Reactions: 3
I also admire her for not riding on Grace's coattails. She never makes it overly obvious that they know each other let alone them being siblings (surnames and intuition aside).

Although I remember she got very annoyed once at someone insinuating she started her Instagram after being inspired by Grace

I don't massively dislike her but she's not exactly down to earth - not sure she's ever held a proper job besides full-time influencer? And when she did do an internship she of course was commuting from their massive house in West London.

I do think that for the amount of time and resources she has to dedicate to running she could be better than she is lol, but that's me being extra snarky ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've seen others comment the same about Flora, that she's not performing well enough to call herself a runner, but it's not like she's a professional athlete. My impression is that she makes money from working with brands all about sustainability, plant based diets etc. and not primarily running?

I've seen others comment the same about Flora, that she's not performing well enough to call herself a runner, but it's not like she's a professional athlete. My impression is that she makes money from working with brands all about sustainability, plant based diets etc. and not primarily running?
I agree. But also anyone who runs is a runner so it's a weird objection to have

Reactions: 6
Most of her YT content and bigger projects/sponsors have been running-based so I would assume that's where the impression is coming from.

Reactions: 1
I used to quite enjoy watching her, because she had unbiased recommendations about kit, shoes, races etc. but now it feels like everything is sponsored... I guess that’s influencers for you

Can’t say I’m overly impressed about her pushing her £3k cycling trip in Morocco ‘open to all fitness levels’ (6 hours of cycling a day!!). I can’t see many people having £3k spare to spend on a holiday when travelling is uncertain.

I used to quite enjoy watching her, because she had unbiased recommendations about kit, shoes, races etc. but now it feels like everything is sponsored... I guess that’s influencers for you

Can’t say I’m overly impressed about her pushing her £3k cycling trip in Morocco ‘open to all fitness levels’ (6 hours of cycling a day!!). I can’t see many people having £3k spare to spend on a holiday when travelling is uncertain.
Flora's actually an influencer who doesn't bother me with her ads. Mainly because she's been quite transparent about the industry and just her attitude towards it is quite professional? I don't quite know how to articulate it but I think her coming from a scicomm background gives her a 'this is my job' attitude rather than a 'this is a hobby where I can make money' attitude that so many other influencers have. And that's reflected in her choice in partnerships with brands. Like she knows what's 'on-brand' for her and what's ridiculous.

But yeah at some point I guess all influencers lose their perspective on how accessible something they're advertising is.

Reactions: 4
As someone who runs very regularly and will never be a 'good' runner (sub 25 5km is my long term goal) it really irritates me when people say that she's not "good enough" as a runner; she hits under 21 minutes for most of her 5ks and recently did a 20 minute 5k time trial. For context, the last time parkrun that was held in my local area, only one woman came in under 21 minutes at 20:50, and the second lady came in at 21:30. It's not a particularly difficult or hilly course either. Obviously this can change depending who turns up on the day and very much on the course, but generally 21 minutes at any 5k that's not filled with elites would put most women in at least the top 10, if not placing.

I must admit when I watch her I only do it for the wrong reasons - I had to stop watching her because she makes me so damn jealous! Gorgeous, petite, a damn good runner, intelligent, successful, has a nice boyfriend and nice in laws, travels the world and she's honest and down to earth with it (for the most part). I don't find her videos very relatable at all, her running videos especially I have some issues with regarding her technique and what she preaches but that's just me.

Reactions: 9
Anyone else think she's suuuuper skinny atm? Like questionably skinny for someone with history of ED

Screenshot_20220627-185400_Instagram.jpg

She looks skeletal

Anyone else think she's suuuuper skinny atm? Like questionably skinny for someone with history of ED

View attachment 1374245
She looks skeletal
tbh I think that’s just how a lot of people who run ultras look - it’s really hard on your body and obviously being lighter helps with running anyway. I still find her annoying lol but if she wasn’t fuelling properly she probably wouldn’t be able to do all these races!

I've been watching more of her content recently and I'm liking how she's being more herself in her videos. She was always on the dull side before, but now she's more lively.

She sure does a lot of foreign travel for someone who claims eco credentials! I swear this is like her third overseas trip in the last few months, finland at Christmas time, Paris mara I think she did? and now Coachella.

Reactions: 1