Flat advice - Damp Issue

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So this is pretty specific, I live in a new build flat and was away for a really ong time for work, no heating on etc. My bathroom is now full of damp, to the extent that if i leave clothes on the floor in parts of it they will be saoked. I want to get someone to fix this, but I am not even sure who to ask? Is this a building issue? do i contact a plumber? Any advice would be great!

So this is pretty specific, I live in a new build flat and was away for a really ong time for work, no heating on etc. My bathroom is now full of damp, to the extent that if i leave clothes on the floor in parts of it they will be saoked. I want to get someone to fix this, but I am not even sure who to ask? Is this a building issue? do i contact a plumber? Any advice would be great!
Where is the damp coming from? Is it a leak? What happens if you dry it out? Does it come back?

I would get a dehumidifier and dry the room out, if it is damp enough to get your clothes wet it sounds like you may have a leak somewhere rather than condensation though. I would be looking at pipes, the roof or outside walls to find the issue.

Reactions: 1
Where is the damp coming from? Is it a leak? What happens if you dry it out? Does it come back?
It seems like the back wall which backs onto another flat so no idea if they have had an issue too, I'm just in the process of buying a dehuidifer so will see šŸ˜¬

Reactions: 1