Flashing vision, headaches, dizziness

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there anyone here with medical knowledge? I’ve been trying to get a doctor appointment but there are none 😫😫

I’d say over the last 6 months I’ve had some flashes going across my vision like a little ball of light that floats across. Occasionally I see darkspots in the corner of my eye like there’s a fly there but there is no fly. I went to the opticians a couple of months ago and there’s nothing wrong with my eyes. They even did the photos of my eyes for a thorough check.
I’ve been getting really bad headaches lately which do seem to be brought on more when I’m feeling stressed or annoyed. I have also had some dizzy spells.
As you can imagine I’ve got all kinds of illnesses going round my head and I’m a bit worried. Does this sound like something anyone else has had? I will obviously see the doctor as soon as I can get an appointment. I might have to just ring at 8 on the dot Tuesday morning to try and get one of the emergency appointments but it’s hard when you have to work and make sure kid out for school on time

Ring first thing Tuesday. Your health is your wealth. Work will always be there. You need to get this checked out. It could be something very minor and easily fixed but you won't know until you see a doctor. I've no advice unfortunately but hope you get it sorted soon. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sounds like migraines to me but definitely get it checked, Dizzy spells could be anything from low blood pressure, anaemia or ear problems.

If you’re having trouble getting an appointment, you can ring 111 or if your in England, sure they still have the minor injury units, or go to A & E.

The trick to getting a GP appointment is when they ask if it’s an emergency you say it is to me

• Heart
Could well be tension headaches or migraines, however those can be symptoms of other problems so you do need to get it checked by the GP now, it’s been a few months.

• Heart
Thanks everyone. Yes I will definitely ring Tuesday at 8. It’s a bit easier this week with schools being off for Easter. I just need my mind putting to rest that it’s nothing sinister. At least I hope it’s not! Will keep you posted. Thanks for your help and advice 💕

Like people have said , it could be migraines with visual disturbance.
Or you may have high blood pressure. I had pre eclampsia during pregnancy and I used to see circle's in my vision , it looked like raindrops on a car window.
Can you visit a pharmacy and have your blood pressure checked?

Like people have said , it could be migraines with visual disturbance.
Or you may have high blood pressure. I had pre eclampsia during pregnancy and I used to see circle's in my vision , it looked like raindrops on a car window.
Can you visit a pharmacy and have your blood pressure checked?
I’m not sure they’ll be open today but can try tomorrow. Thanks for your advice 💕

I hope you get sorted! I have high blood pressure and this is exactly how it started for me. It's a family trait and everyone in my family has it, so I wasn't shocked when diagnosed, but had no idea what the symptoms were until this time last year!!

Did you ever find out what was causing it?
Sorry, yes well sort of! Thank you for asking 💙 I did manage to get a dr appointment in the end. I have high blood pressure and the dr said it’s all most likely stress related. She wanted to check my blood pressure again after a few weeks so I will need to make an appointment to see the nurse in another week or so and if it’s still high she said she will see about putting me on a monitor for 7 days and take it from there. The headaches she thinks will be tension headaches and advised me to cut out caffeine which I have and tbh they have improved since.
She also thinks I have vertigo. So a combination of stress, high BP and vertigo. She did a little examination where I followed her finger with my eyes and she said my eye was flicking slightly which is a sign of vertigo but as it usually passes after a few mins it’s not worth prescribing anything for it at this point but to come back if it gets worse. I have been under some stress lately so it makes sense. I have quite a lot on my plate atm and have done for a good few months now but hopefully the load will start to ease in another month or so. Will see what my BP is like next time and go from there! Xx

Reactions: 2