Finance/Debt-free Influencers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was curious to see if anyone watched any Youtubers who fall into this category?

British ones I can think of are Lara Joanna Jarvis (already has her own thread), Damien Talks Money (50k subs).

We also have the likes of Martin Lewis if you can class him as an 'influencer' and people who do those 'no-spend' challenges like Lady of the Library that also post about other things.

The American youtubers seem to quite often have a Christian background and came from the Dave Ramsey (The Ramsey Show- Highlights) plan originally. Ones I've watched are Budget Girl, Kate Kaden, The Financial Diet, One Big Happy Life.

There also seems to be overlap with the prepper community- I saw Budget Girl recently posted a video in that vein.

I don't know if anyone still does the 'live on £1 a day' challenges (I hope not) but we're still seeing a lot of articles about how someone saved 50K for a mortgage deposit by living with their parents and giving up avocado etc.

I quite like some of them, but often they start out relatable and then end up bankrolling as a landlord or something and end up on another planet :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
I watch quite a few but like you say most usa

UK ones top of my head that I like much more realistic than Joanna Jarvis.

Nicola at the frugal cottage
Claire journey.
Recently discovered rainbow budgets
Did like greta lawyler for budget cookery young uk couple but shes not posted for 2months.
Food is big expense so like the budget cookery channels and grocery/ pantry challenges.

Christina mychas Canada
The budget mom
Used to love aja dang although unrealistic for average salary.
Under the median quite a old couple but some reason I like them.
Kate kaydon is ok not my fave.
used to love debt kickin mom but she doesn't post anymore you can still veiw her old stuff.
Really into frugal queen in France lately retired British couple .
Gone off frugal fit mom feel like she's a sellout.
Don't enjoy Jordan page that much either they are millionaire.

This mum life Australia got me back into bulk cooking but again I find her channels very focused on food .

Watched many dave Ramsey videos and his daughter Rachel cruzeiro show on you tube.

I do budget we started jan 2020 after seeing dave and budget mom.
I keep a spending diary.
We bit crap at saving and have no investment.
We have 1 credit card we paying off.
We family 6 plus dog and own a house on 1 income so my main variable i focus on is always food.
I buy 2nd hand clothing 90% of the time

Reactions: 2
Ah, I didn't realise Rachel was his daughter, that makes sense.

I like Kate Kaden but some of her videos are very repetitive. I'll have a look at some of the British ones you mentioned, thanks :)

There are also Shoestring Jane, and FrugalJo who are UK based. Kirsty Kirby has done a no buy year but she doesn’t have many videos.

Reactions: 1
On instagram I used to like Lisa @living_thrifty, she had some good tips - and cute dog photos. But she got so over dramatic about quitting instagram, then coming back. Latest was that her 2022 goals were to use social media less. Seems like she has some of her own issues about social media addiction - odd thing to talk about on your thrifty tips instagram page!
Oh and she also used to bang on about having lost her virginity in a threesome alot! It was in her 'get to know me quiz' which she re-ran frequently just to shoehorn that fact in.

I think some of these finance Insta gurus start their pages with good intentions and then get a bit addicted to the attention and end up thinking they're some kinda celebs!

• Haha
Been watching some of the recommended ones and I'm loving:
Nicola at the frugal cottage
Claire's journey.
Rainbow budgets
Shoestring Jane
FrugalJo
Kirsty Kirby

I don't do cash budgeting myself, I do everything digitally using a spreadsheet to track it. These YTbers are such a breath of fresh air from the over-consuming influencers. I've basically unsubbed from anyone who does 'hauls' now. Really don't need any of that in the current financial climate.

British ones I can think of are Lara Joanna Jarvis (already has her own thread), Damien Talks Money (50k subs).

We also have the likes of Martin Lewis if you can class him as an 'influencer' and people who do those 'no-spend' challenges like Lady of the Library that also post about other things.

The American youtubers seem to quite often have a Christian background and came from the Dave Ramsey (The Ramsey Show- Highlights) plan originally. Ones I've watched are Budget Girl, Kate Kaden, The Financial Diet, One Big Happy Life.

There also seems to be overlap with the prepper community- I saw Budget Girl recently posted a video in that vein.

I don't know if anyone still does the 'live on £1 a day' challenges (I hope not) but we're still seeing a lot of articles about how someone saved 50K for a mortgage deposit by living with their parents and giving up avocado etc.

I quite like some of them, but often they start out relatable and then end up bankrolling as a landlord or something and end up on another planet :rolleyes:
Why does this sound like Hazel Maria Wood???😂🤣😄

I like Aussie Debt Free Girl on YouTube and Insta.
She seem real and down to earth. She posts shopping hauls, pantry challenges, savings and life stuff.
- She just had a baby so she hasn't been around on Instagram as much but i have been watching her YT this week a lot.

That mum at home is okay just some of her content feels a lil MLM

I like Aussie Debt Free Girl on YouTube and Insta.
She seem real and down to earth. She posts shopping hauls, pantry challenges, savings and life stuff.
- She just had a baby so she hasn't been around on Instagram as much but i have been watching her YT this week a lot.

That mum at home is okay just some of her content feels a lil MLM
Honestly I feel Aussie debt free girl is all about attention, there is very little substance to her content ( yes she may post a good recipe or three but 90 percent of posts are about her budget or her personal goals )
there is nothing that I can actually relate to as a working mum or that will actually help me in my daily life.
Also From the look of her followers there appears to be a lot of bot type accounts .
I actually Unfollowed her on Instagram last week, as something didn’t seem right.

Sorry to resurrect this very dead horse, but it's the only thread that I was able to find about financial bloggers and very specifically about One Big Happy Life and I would love to have some tea on them.

Something isn't right there. I first noticed them due to a collaboration with The Financial Diet (which I love) and they seemed like a nice, normal family, albeit one with big ambitions. The channel started growing very very fast and they got comments about their budget, which always seemed a bit off. They always responded very condescendingly to those commenters.

Fast forward a couple of years later and not only have both of them quit their lawyer jobs and want to build a Mc Mansion, they're now full-time doing Youtube, offering a rather shady finance course that doesn't tell you what exactly you're signing up for and that is very expensive. The woman also underwent a name-change during that time, they stopped posting regularly and then their McMansion was called off. Somehow, immediately though they bought another house in another state and the woman constantly posts about being such a girl-boss, her upcoming book, etc. The guy is nowhere to be seen really and all photos seem to be old.
Fast forward to this year, the woman finally publishes her book, and then - boom. Nothing. No updates on Insta for five months. Amazon reviews for the book say it's rambling and not very good.
A handful of youtube videos that seem to have been filmed often on the same day, as she's wearing the same clothes, and the background looks identical. The guy is nowhere to be seen in the videos and she got about 10 comments on the videos, they used to get tons.

There are some old threads on other forums saying that their weird finances never added up, but that they were happily taking government money (they're in the US) when they were claiming to be millionaires. Some claim a divorce since the guy is never to be seen and neither is the adult daughter, but I don't think they were married and the daughter (I think) wasn't living with them anymore anyway.

Has anyone seen the influencer Chloesdealclub? I’ve seen her do an Instagram post about how she “paid for her villa in Bali for free” just by finding deals and side hustling. It’s total BS - so if a moisturiser was £10 but she bought it on sale for £7, she’s been putting the £3 difference away in a pot to pay for her Bali trip. I don’t believe for one second she’s paid for that whole trip just by doing that. I hate people that lie to their followers. I see her posting affiliate product links - I bet that’s what really paid for her Bali trip!