Film remakes; those you want and those they should never attempt!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Curious to hear your favourite remakes, or films you'd like to see remade, or films that should never be remade.

Mine;

Favourite remake: The Thing

Should remake: Condorman

Never remake: The Goonies

Reactions: 2
Want - What Happened to Monday as it was such a great concept and the first half was actually pretty good but then it went so bad!

Want - What Happened to Monday as it was such a great concept and the first half was actually pretty good but then it went so bad!
Ooh, that's a great remake choice. Not a classic, but a flawed film that could be done so much better. Great cast, too!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Favourite remake: 'The Ring'

Should remake: 'Porky's', just to see how modern filmmakers and attitudes would redo a funny, raunchy and delightfully in tune with the adolescent male's mind without bowing to the vocal minority and turning Porky's nightclub into a non vegan restaurant that has a terrible carbon footprint or something.

Should never remake: Two if you don't mind. 'Back to the Future' and 'The Breakfast Club.'

Reactions: 8
Thunderbirds as a live action film. Because the film from 2004 was shite, completely got it wrong by making the teens the focus rather than the actual Thunderbirds and the machinery.

Only three good things about that film:
1) The title track by Busted
2) Ron Cook as Parker
3) Sophia Myles perfect as Lady Penelope. And I mean, truly perfect, in every way, she is the definition of Lady Penelope.

Reactions: 3
Favourite remake: 'The Ring'

Should remake: 'Porky's', just to see how modern filmmakers and attitudes would redo a funny, raunchy and delightfully in tune with the adolescent male's mind without bowing to the vocal minority and turning Porky's nightclub into a non vegan restaurant that has a terrible carbon footprint or something.

Should never remake: Two if you don't mind. 'Back to the Future' and 'The Breakfast Club.'
Porky's is an interesting one; things like American Pie veer close to what that film was doing, and there are a couple of things out this year that hav ea similar raunchy feel, but for the most part that kind of comedy movie has vanished.

Porky's is an interesting one; things like American Pie veer close to what that film was doing, and there are a couple of things out this year that hav ea similar raunchy feel, but for the most part that kind of comedy movie has vanished.
It had every element a teenager like me needed; good vs evil, comedy, naked women (sorry girls, but as a straight male, they appeal to me) as well as a few decent moral lessons, such as where Tim manages to overcome his inherited/enforced antisemitism towards Brian. Plus some gloriously Viz like plays on words, such as Miss Balbricker, Cherry Forever and Miss Honeywell.

Back to the Future is safe until at least Zemeckis dies as he has said as long as he is alive he will block any attempts to use the IP. It just can't be beaten, amazing casting, effects, the writing is so tight when you watch closely so many things are set up and paid off compared to a normal film, the entire trilogy truly is a masterpiece.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That's good to hear. Some things should be left, were it not for being greedy I would have added please leave 'The Shawshank Redemption' as well. I think the 80s has a definite and sometimes painful attraction and nostalgia to those who were old enough to really embrace that decade. Even I feel it although the 90s was more 'my' era.

Not a remake or anything. But the prequel willy Wonka film, definitely looks a bit awful. I get the vibe they are going for, very Paddington, but doesn't feel very Wonkary. And Im not sure Timothee Chalamet is gonna work as Wonka, even a young Wonka. Based on the trailer.

However, I forgive it for not only going back to the OG oompa loompa look of the Gene Wilder film, but also casting High Grant as an Oompa Loompa, who I would watch for 90mins singing and dancing as an Oompa Loompa. I hope they use the OG songs/style of songs.

• Haha
I'm looking forward to The Crow remake/reboot next year but find it weird they've finished filming and we've yet to see anythint; no posters, no set images, no make-up trials, nothing.

2024 is the 30th anniverary of the first film

I’d love to see Sliding Doors remade

Never remake: All About Eve, A Portrait of Jennie or Letter from an Unknown Woman

Want to see: About A Boy - A version that stays true to the themes and ending of the book.

Never remake- The Godfather.

Would love to see a remake of- the first Jurassic Park which follows the book more to a tee, graphic deaths and all and not aimed at children. Would want a completely different production team to the people who were involved in the Jurassic world films. Would then also like the lost world prequel to be based on the book too. Not asking for much ☺🤣

Reactions: 2
This is a massive ask as I think they got almost everything else right and it is all so iconic - but Harry Potter without Daniel Radcliffe please. Especially the early ones.