Feeling like an imposter at work

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just found this thread and can't express how much I can identify with you all, I feel like I could have written the original post.

I recently changed roles within my company as I wasnt being challenged in my existing role. My new role has a much higher workload and targets to meet. Currently I'm working from home due to COVID but will soon not be. I'm not doing terribly but I'm not doing amazing either and I keep thinking my manager regrets hiring me. I smashed my interview because I prepared really well for it but I feel I haven't delivered. My confidence is at rock bottom to the point where I find myself in tears randomly during the day and in the evenings and I feel so overwhelmed that I sometimes I just sit in front of my laptop frozen, jumping from one task to the other but not really completing anything and before I know it it's 7pm and I've not achieved much at all.

I keep feeling like my clients and colleagues think I'm really tit and I feel like I'm desperate to please all the time. I know I can't go on like this but I don't really know how to pull myself out of it and just work smarter and have a better mindset.

It's now a feeling that's crept into my home life. I feel like a tit friend, a tit wife. I procrastinate so much over things like cleaning and cooking because I tell myself I want to be in the zone, or get it all done in one go, etc. But this happens so often that even when it's my turn to do it my husband often ends up doing it as I've procrastinated so much and so then I feel even worse.

I feel like over the last couple of years I'm so unsure of myself to the point where I can't decide on my style, what to say or even what opinion to have any more so I'm now a shadow of a personality and also really negative. I'm early thirties which I thought were meant to be the years your stop caring what people think but I feel the opposite. I agonise over emails I've sent, things I've said, even Instagram stories I've posted, not that I post much.

I'm not sure whether to seek counselling or not but part of me thinks it won't work because I'm really cynical and just feel like theyll suggest all this mindfulness and meditation stuff which really is not me.

I know this feeling. I've been in my current job role for 2.5 years and my manager today told me I'm going to be having weekly meetings like a weekly job review.

She says its not a negative thing but a supportive thing. My anxiety has taken it to mean I'm bad at my job

This is me. I ended up leaving my previous job because of it and I'm just hanging onto my current job. I feel like I've fooled people and somehow fluked it into this job. Positive feedback means nothing, I'm so overly critical of myself

I feel the same a lot of the time and so does my mom :) so can relate :( I have bad anxiety so I always put it down to that xx

I don't know if feel like an imposter or if I have paranoia. I've been furloughed and when work started calling people back I kept wondering "Why not me?" I took this to mean they don't like me. Then when they did call me back they said I'm coming back part time. I can't help but overthink "Why bring me back part time and bring others back full time? Does this mean they don't want me there?" I'm not the only person doing part time. My work also recently sent out an email to say they might have to consider redundancies. When my manager called me to discuss coming back part time she told me not to join in with gossip about the redundancies. Apparently some staff have been gossiping and trying to guess what's going to happen. I've spoken to a couple about redundancies but not in what I considered to be a gossipy way but now I'm thinking "What made my manager say that? Has someone said I've been gossiping?" If anything I was trying to keep the people I spoke to level headed because they were really panicking about the redundancies. Ugh, this is obviously recent stuff but whenever a manager asks me to speak to me I always feel like they're wanting to tell me I've done something wrong or that I'm bad at my job etc.