Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

comeagainliv

Elle said if we are suffering we could reach out to her, but when I tried she sent me such a rude reply back. She basically told me she doesnt have the head space to reply and that I should just purchase her books. I already had the books and only sent her a message as she said people could contact her. Her reply actually made my suicidal thoughts worse. I feel so sad about what elle has been through, but unfortunately she is cruel hearted

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

OnlyABoob

Came here because that ad is so triggering!!
The video insinuates that whilst she was taking those vitamins alongside IVF, it resulted in a successful pregnancy! This is hugely misleading! She has said that O was conceived naturally which is not how things seem in this video.
Her account has been built around her own painful experiences with baby loss so this latest ad (specifically the accompanying video) is gross. I know that we all know that it takes more than vitamins to help with infertility but when you are desperately trying anything to conceive, you will literally try anything and this ad is prying on people in desperate circumstances. Such bad taste and sadly calculating.
For someone who is constantly lecturing on how everyone should speak to bereaved parents/things to say/not say not to mention the charities she supports, I can’t believe she would chose to satisfy the brief for this ad in this particular way with that particular video.

I had to find somewhere to vent, can’t say anything on her page for fear of the blinded attacking which I can’t cope with just now. Have unfollowed her but also needed to get this out!

• Heart
Reactions: 38

QuiteTheChin

As the parent of a stillborn baby I find that Plum and Ashby campaign absolutely grotesque. Dead babies are not marketing props for fucking candles.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

LittleMissRuby

VIP Member
I totally understand her taking time away from social media as it does feel there have been lot of pregnancy announcements lately. So on the face of that I do feel for her. But it didn't stop her pre Christmas parading around in expensive outfits and OTT Xmas Dec's whilst a lot of people can't put food on the table. She's quick enough to point out how social media can be tough for her, whilst not reading the room with her own posts in the current climate. Sorry Elle, pot, kettle, black. Brag brag brag 🥱 with more money than people will ever see

Reactions: 29

Lollipop1990

The wave of light as just reeks of upper class. The average person cannot afford a £30 candle. It gets my back up so much! Like someone commented further up, light a tea light for about 10p, and donate £5 or whatever to tommys. Surely as one of the voices of baby loss on social media she should be so careful about the vulnerabilities of families that have lost babies.

Reactions: 26
He will pay 20% tax on the first 50k, 40% tax on the 50k- 125k and 45k on the remaining 125k plus. He’s probably on approx £9-10k per month before pension contributions.
He obviously works hard and earns well, I don’t have any issue with that. Selling your dead child for fame and being a braggy, nasty mannered, passive aggressive Botoxed up prick I do judge.

Reactions: 25

Astyanax

I find the whole insta infertility/ baby loss world is just the same old people. It’s boring to be honest, a load of privileged, mainly white women telling the same old stories again and again. The plum and Ashby wave of light campaign didn’t move me at all, just made me think here are 4 middle class women on a day out! They only have time for each other, or other people who are useful to them. I’m
Sorry for anyone who has reached out to Elle or others and not been treated with kindness.

• Heart

xoxo GG

VIP Member
At the risk of sounding awful (I'll never be in the situation of wanting children but never being able to have them as I've never wanted kids) Is it really worth all of the heartache trying and trying when she now has a daughter? Does that make sense? Yes I know it must be absolutely horrific losing a child at any stage or being told it will probably never happen for you if you do want children but knowing the pain and sadness of it why would you keep putting yourself through it? Especially when you can adopt or foster? It's difficult for me to understand it as someone who has zero desire to ever have kids myself.
Adoption/fostering isn’t the responsibility of infertile couples/individuals though. I honestly hate the fact everybody uses it as a response to people struggling to conceive through any route. Nobody ever suggests it to people with seem to have an easy time bringing a baby home. Please don’t take that as me being rude, as I don’t intend to be. But adoption/fostering isn’t the answer to her secondary infertility.

• Heart

Faceymcfacey

I think it is ok not to have headspace and hold boundaries, the way in which you deliver that information is what is important. For example she could have a stock message that goes out yet feels personal. Could say something like, 'I am so sorry for what you are going through, unfortunately I too am struggling and therefore feel like I'm not well placed to help you at the moment for your own mental health as well as my own. I'm so sorry. I have found these organisations really useful *signpost* and recommend you get in touch with them. I hope they are useful for you too. I hope we may be able to connect in the future when I am feeling in a better place. Love Elle.'

It isn't that difficult if I can write it in 30 seconds it can be done. She could also have a similar post to give people a heads up. Ultimately most people are understanding. The coldness of replies and the direction to her books is what is off putting.

It may even help those that are struggling find more appropriate care and/or community of support. Which could make, I'm sure, the world of difference.

For balance I have had quite thoughtful replies from her. But am sorry for those that haven't xx

Reactions: 24
The equivalent of people who write ‘so glad everyone knows, really pleased for you!’ When someone posts their pregnancy / engagement news.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Dgrey2

I totally understand her taking time away from social media as it does feel there have been lot of pregnancy announcements lately. So on the face of that I do feel for her. But it didn't stop her pre Christmas parading around in expensive outfits and OTT Xmas Dec's whilst a lot of people can't put food on the table. She's quick enough to point out how social media can be tough for her, whilst not reading the room with her own posts in the current climate. Sorry Elle, pot, kettle, black. Brag brag brag 🥱 with more money than people will ever see
This.

She uses SM to her advantage to make money and then has the audacity to whinge about it. Play the game or get off

Reactions: 23

vallend

Used to love watching Elle before she had her baby. Like others I was thrilled she finally had her little girl, applauded the fact she was taking time off insta to be with her baby. But since she came back its been so pointless to follow. Random shots of Boris the dog and a token house photo once every other month. What was even the point of coming back on? Noticed she only came back to shill copies of her second book, then disappeared again for months on end only to half arse being an influencer again when she has a shiny new house to fill with #kindlygifted high priced furniture the rest of us have to work hard and save for.

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
I’ve not posted here before so hello. I’ve had several miscarriages and followed TWGG and Elle but agree with someone above saying it’s the same faces and voices. I myself am white, upper middle class and privileged and I find it cringe inducing that everyone I see speaking is the same as me. Anyway, I digress.

I thought the P&A candles were, quite frankly, horrid. To monetise grief is so incredibly unseemly. Then I see Elle pop up on a Tommy’s insta story and I couldn’t believe her face - she looks so different to when I followed her. Fillers I assume?

Anyway, much love to all who have experienced loss. It’s a crap old club. But hey! At least we can light £30 candles 🙃🙃

• Heart

Crazymum

VIP Member
I don’t see a bump. Couldn’t care less if she’s pregnant it’s just the whole look at me thing that winds me up. I don’t expect to see her child but she needs to step away flogging shit and advertising her perfect life on the back of her poor baby that’s no longer here. She’s not an empty nest , change the narrative. A posh insta wanker getting stuff for free . Annoying.

• Heart

Dgrey2

As the parent of a stillborn baby I find that Plum and Ashby campaign absolutely grotesque. Dead babies are not marketing props for fucking candles.
Or weird fake flower arrangements! (Fellow bereaved parent of a little girl who died shortly after birth)

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Iceache

Fuck!!!! Botox and fill a in the cheeks and chin. Dodgy ass nobody. Ps, the book is shit
I’ve read your comments across a couple of threads and they are vile. You undermine any actual discussion happening with this vitriol.

Reactions: 22