Favourite quick and easy meals to make?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jacket potato, beans and cheese is always a quick go to

Or some sort of stir fry with microwave rice, random fridge veg, scramble some egg and cover it in chilli sauce

We also got a hello fresh box on an offer a while ago, and got a couple of “quick and easy” meals which we make variations of quite often - swap chicken for pork, rice for noodles etc

Any sort of stir fry
Rissotto
Ravioli (pre made of course!)
Pasta with anything/spag Bol
Jacket pot
Omlette
Curry
Roast a chicken breast in one of those flavour bag things and boil some veg
... or if I really don’t have time a trusty ready meal!

Tacos! Brown off some mince pop some Cajun seasoning on.
Chop up some tomatoes, red onion, lettuce - put them in separate bowls
Cheese and tobasco sauce on side.

Like a mini buffet - people can then add what they like to their taco shell. All in all takes less than 15 mins really.

Spag Bol can be a really quick one too and turkey meatballs. If you need any recipes I'll send them along :

Reactions: 2
Go to easy meal - Those steam in a pouch marinaded salmon fillets, some mash and some veg. 5 minutes prep, 10/15 minutes cooking, minimal washing up.

Treat easy meal - mussels and chips, with a premade white wine sauce.
Baked Camembert with those bake at home baguettes.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Cheeseburger pasta from Slimming eats is one of my go to meals as it’s so easy and all in one pot at that time as you get in from work and have to serve a dinner.

Reactions: 2
Bag of mixed chopped up veg, chop a few potatoes and add a tin of chickpeas and a jar of curry sauce and tin of tomatoes and bring to the boil and simmer until all cooked.
Soup and a roll/Ryvita's/oatcakes.
Pasta and salad.
Macaroni cheese.
Veggie burger with veg or salad and oven chips.
Ready made root veg mash, with veg and veggie burger/veggie sausage.
Tin of mixed beans in a chilli sauce with wraps and cheese on top.

Taco chilli
Chicken with peppers & onions covered in a fajita seasoning
Chicken breast with a bit of onion salt, garlic salt, lemon juice, salt & pepper cooked in the oven
Tuna pasta
Ratatouille
Anything in the slow cooker although not quick, so easy. Prep & turn on in the morning and by dinner time it's done.

My go to easy home made meals are bolognese, meatballs in marinara sauce and something we call ‘sausage pasta’ which is frankfurters in a tomato sauce and obviously pasta. I don’t use jarred sauces but it’s easy enough to make a tomato sauce with some onions, garlic, passata as a base and then mixed herbs for bolognese or basil and oregano for marinara. I also like to chuck some grated carrot in there for extra veg points but if you’re pushed for time don’t worry about it.

Fry up some veg, ( spring onions, peppers, baby corn etc) whack in a bag of micro rice, soy sauce, lazy chilli, lazy garlic, lazy ginger, bit of sesame oil and bake some salmon to go with, so quick and easy!

Pesto pasta with added mushrooms, onions, spinach and some cut up heck sausages.

Omelette.

Caesar salad- ready bagged Caesar salad, ready cooked chicken and bacon strips.

Precooked roast chicken from the deli counter, pitta breads, salad, hummus, coleslaw etc. Can do the same with wraps.

Or sometimes if I’m being really lazy, cereal!! 😂