Favorite Christmas films/Christmas tv specials

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Home Alone 1 and 2
The Grinch
Miracle on 34th Street
Jingle All the Way
The Santa Clause
Silent Night Deadly Night
Black Christmas (70s version)
The Holiday
Scrooged
Klaus

Reactions: 2
Bottom Christmas Special is a must for me every year. As is Blackadder.

Movies...
Home Alone 1 & 2 of course.
Jingle All the Way.
Polar Express.
Miracle on 34th Street.
The newest Grinch is great.
The Christmas Chronicles.
Die Hard.

A Christmas Carol with Alistair Sims, I watch it every year and I never grow tired of it, to me its as traditional as Turkey and Christmas trees!
This is my dadโ€™s favourite version. We watched it one year together at 6am as we were both the first up on Christmas Day and Iโ€™ve had a soft spot for it ever since. I do enjoy Patrick Stewartโ€™s version too.

Reactions: 3
Scrooge with Albert Finney. ๐Ÿฅฐ

Santa Claus the Movie ๐ŸŽ…

Raymond Briggs- the snowman and father Christmas ๐ŸŽ„

Arthur Christmas ๐ŸฆŒ

I really do love Christmas films โ˜ƒ

A Christmas Story
Love Actually
Elf
Polar Express
Christmas Vacation

Reactions: 1
Muppets Christmas Carol, Nightmare before Christmas, Snowman, Jingle all the way, Home Alone, Elf, The Santa Clause, Miracle on 34th street, The Holiday, The Grinch

SO basically, what everyone else said :LOL:

If I'm spending Christmas with the parents, we will sometimes dust down some old "Only Fools and Horses" Specials.

And another repeat viewing of "The Great Escape" with dad (I keep on hoping that Steve McQueen will successfully jump over that barbed-wire fence on his bike. But he never does :LOL:)

TV: Only Fools & Horses older christmas specials (the newer ones weren't great), The Snowman, Office xmas special, new girls xmas episodes (random)
Films: It's a wonderful life, love actually, the holiday...........also really loved 'last christmas' in the cinema last year although it was panned by the critics :LOL:

I used to love Home Alone but as its on soo much throughout the year its kind of ruined it for me.

- The Muppet's Christmas Carol is my fave ever adaptation of A Christmas Carol!
- Nightmare Before Christmas
- Even though I recognise its problematic elements I am still a sucker for Love Actually.
- Home Alone 1 & 2 - gives me nostalgia!
- Scrooged!
- Elf
- Miracle on 34th Street
- One I loved as a kid was Beauty and the Beast: Enchanted Christmas with the evil pipe organ that terrified me!
- Gavin & Stacey Xmas Special
- Friends Thanksgiving and Xmas specials (The one where Ross got high and The one with the Holiday Armadillo are firm favourites)

• Heart
A men.

But only the version WITH the 'when love is gone' song. Cannot understand why they cut it from the DVD release. The 'When love is found' song makes no sense now! Yeah- I am very invested in this! ๐Ÿ˜‚
There was a time when I was sure
That you and I were truly one
That our future was forever
And would never come undone.....

best film of all time and I will fight anyone that disagrees ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I know it off by heart and Iโ€™ve never been so proud of an achievement ๐Ÿ˜‚

not a fan of Elf at all,
Love serendipity ๐Ÿฅฐ

I used to love Home Alone but as its on soo much throughout the year its kind of ruined it for me.
donโ€™t know what youโ€™re talking about, nothing wrong with E4 playing home alone in June ๐Ÿ˜ totally gets you in the Christmas mood during a heatwave

• Heart
The Middle - their Xmas episodes
Gavin and Stacey - both Xmas ones
Muppet Christmas Carol
All the Nativity films
Trollied - sky one programme , all their Xmas specials
The Royle family Xmas specials
The Vicar of Dibley - the four dinners ๐Ÿ˜‚
Love actually
Bridget Jones
Office Christmas party - very funny film
The office Xmas episodes

Always liked The royal family/ only fools and horses Christmas specials.

Films, Love the cheesy family ones but my favourites to watch on my own are

Its a wonderful life & The Holiday