Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WoahThatsCrazy

Chatty Member
I was watching this video and when they are on the roller coaster ride the lady doing this video shows Abbie and A. Abbie is clinging onto A for dear life and there is no smiles on her face, just pure terror. Meanwhile he's sitting in the car with his selfystick and camera in hand to get "the shot."

what time stamp ?

WoahThatsCrazy

Chatty Member
I know it’s a sensitive topic, but I think you all know what I mean. I know there are many who wouldn’t want their child any different....I guess I’m just thinking if there were some way to take away all their struggles & that they could communicate as a NT.

She seems to understand & enjoy playful behavior though.
I understand your opinion and offence is intended (mutal respect :) ) but that is slightly ableist and who is to say thinking like an NT is an easier way to live?? There have been many many people who think autistically and thrive, BECAUSE of the way they see the world. Everyone is different yes, and Abbie has many struggles,but that’s (and only speculation here) seems to be mainly a lack of communication and autonomy, which is because her parents are ableist and think that just because she’s autistic (or has IDD) she can be treated that way. Someone rightfully pointed out earlier that the tiktok of P lifting up Abbie was weird. Why? Because it’s not normal to lift up your 14yo, especially when she might not want it and can’t (yet) properly communicate such. I mean, P wouldn’t do that to Isaiah would she? I hope I make sense and hope I’m coming across as respectful and genuinely want to help you think like an autistic person for a moment (since we’re always forced to see your POV all the time🤣...and some say it’s the *autistic* people who have ridged thinking!)

:)

Im

I’m talking about the non-verbal ASD strugglers.
(They can communicate too, with devices etc! Look up Carly Fleischmann, Amy Sequiza, Ido Kedar, etc) (Also so sorry for “spamming”, it’s just that I really want people to learn about these things, even though I’m only one voice :) )

Sam-I-Am

Chatty Member
That's wild. It wasn't that difficult to get in-state residency when I went to UNC, I knew people who lived off campus and got a license the summer before, and were good by the next fall. Sorry you're having trouble doing it legit.

ah, no worries. i think you just dated yourself lol. where did you go to school?? And youre right, he would definitely not be able to do it in a dorm. His best bet is to move into a house in July.

IMO
Yes, I probably dated myself very well (around the age of A&P actually)... Also, if you know NC, I went to GWU...

WoahThatsCrazy

Chatty Member
This forum has turned into a mess! It used to be critical but also familiar names and ‘banter’ now it’s chaos! (My opinion only free speech and all that!)
We have people who are self diagnosing then people who are diagnosed who again only know their story not of that world as a whole. people who are here under false pretences and just random multiple accounts! Honestly it makes hard reading! ‘Scooter squad’ days/threads were much more entertaining!
Vlog Summary: Autism School Fun, February 23rd 2020
  • Thumbnail -->“Autism School Festival”
  • Ass takes Maverick for a full grooming at Doggy Daycare
  • P’s driving to school. Playing Truth Hurts by Lizzo as her “Morning Song” in the car.
  • Ab is dressed to represent the country Columbia in the school festival, rips off the hat and runs around yelling and swaying in a spaghetti strap white dress.
  • Festival has stations for different countries, they take Ab around but she’s clearly done.
  • Lots of filming of other kids at the school while Ab flails and stims
  • “World of Nations” is the theme, last year it was cities. Claim Ab learned about the country.
  • P’s blog filming cutting carrots and potatoes from HelloFresh – sponsored.
  • Summer watches.
  • P claims she didn’t eat much at the festival because she didn’t know what would agree with her.
  • Dog toy, food, and treat shopping. Trying to get Maverick to pick a toy, goes far more successfully than Ab’s attempts
  • Dogs playing with new toys, Ab gets the heck outta there, giving up the couch corner, then returns to rock
  • Switching dogs to grain free diets and took out the rug in the living room
  • Cart ride, Ass drives that, back at the dog park with the grandpa and Isaiah riding the onewheel around
  • Debating Ab staying with Isaiah at the house tonight versus going out with Kaitlyn? And Ass comes too, Summer apparently does have friends and is going out with them.
  • Isaiah asks Ass to stay, then suggests Ass stays and Isaiah can go out, this is all just painfully boring, and Ab yells on the couch apparently channeling my annoyance with this whole conversation.
  • Ass says he wants to be the best for everyone…well except his other biological child.
  • Ab runs upstairs laughing/gasping, Ass turns the lights on in her room
  • Puppy still harassing Mav, chases him around the house.
  • Puppy barks but is not corrected even though they say this isn’t a place to bark
  • Kaitlyn? On couch with Ab, talking about how funny it was Ab and her kid both yelled at the restaurant together (ok so this is the little guy Kaidele’s mom?)
  • P tells Ab she loves her, Ab kicks her when she asks for a kiss
  • More zoom in shots of Ab’s face.
  • Outake --> Isaiah falling off onewheel
can we get a time code for Ab kicking P?!

Am I missing something? As far as I knew ISTG meant "I swear to God". If thats what he is saying that is an odd response. I also believe that he may have blocked these type of sites from Cilla's phone, but I think he is still following along. And if nothing else so are his subscribers, because I always read their comments (and have for 2 years) and rarely have I ever seen IDD mentioned at all. Occasionally, but not often, and its been a hot topic here the past few days.
ISTG is the users name That posted and he is replying to. This is the first time I ever see this type of comments maybe cause I never really pay attention to comments until I started readinghere.

Coffeefrog

Mornin'

I have noticed this influx of somewhat passive aggressive, baiting type comments as well from some newbies. *gives the stink eye* Abbie is innocent.

The party crash. OMG! Why in the world would they do that? No only crash the party but film it. I think Asa was upset because his whole life revolves around his camera and content, he was lost without it and maybe upset that other lady would steal good content. But these grown assed adults should have known better, boundaries….they do not understand boundaries. They said "crashing respite workers party" not friends, workers. I know when I was young if I was at a bar party and my bosses showed up? I'd be like, "why are you here?"
Which vlog is this?

nahthankx

My dogs vet told us no to grain free. It’s typically filled with chemicals. There’s many better options that have high protein.

Jamiebeth

VIP Member
Was there a
Can someone explain to me why the 18 year old has to stay home to babysit his sister while the two paid respite workers can go out and A&P can go out? Shouldn't taking care of the kid be the responsibility of A) the parents or B) the people paid to do it in case said parents can't (or in this case won't)? Isaiah isn't even trusted to make his own decisions about leaving the house and has to notify his parents (because of all the spy tech) before he does, but is trusted to take care of his sisters every need? Which i'm guessing included changing her, taking her to the bathroom, putting her in bed, brushing her teeth etc.

Maybe the 40 going on 15 year old parents should stop treating their son as a free special needs baby sitting service!

Was there a video on them crashing the kids party? Or just them talking about it?

WoahThatsCrazy

Chatty Member
I wonder if Abbie could learn to express how she FEELS via her communication device with some work. I don't know if that's within her capabilities or could be, but they don't seem to explore it. Even just happy/sad/angry would be really, really useful.
My thoughts too! Glad other people are noticing her lack of options, even when the people in their comments never seem to address it, and I thought that was weird they hadn’t added more. (Although to be fair, some autistic people have motor coordination problems so sometimes they mean to hit one button and not the one they actually did, meaning that sometimes PECS (Abbie’s communication method) can be considered unreliable) Source: Blogs written by other non verbal autistic people :)

Wish I'd known that before I shared my experiences. Or had been clued in a few weeks ago. Were you all just humoring me?
If people are saying autistic people shouldn’t educate....about autism......wha?

MejeT

I don’t know about you but I think this forum has lost its way over the last couple of days. This is a gossip forum about exploiting Abbie and we seem to be veering way off topic. If we could get back to our original gossiping, i for one would be so grateful. It is getting a bit too deep for me.
Things seem to be getting steered off course and I have noticed that quite a few of the regulars are not commenting, can we please stick to the topic .
Is it my post about visual aids that you're referring to about being too deep and way off topic?