Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wolf359

Chatty Member
I had a baby smack bang in the ascendancy of all this crap. I admit I really wanted a Selfish Mother sweatshirt, but I had the sense to at least find one on eBay and not pay full price for it. When it arrived and I saw it wasn’t that great quality, I relegated it to sleepwear and for wearing when bleaching the bathroom.
I vividly remember seeing a post from MOD when my new baby was about the same age as the twins. It was from a POV of her lying in the bath - her feet pictured against the taps and an Archie’s Boutique (remember them?!) candle burning on the thing that goes across the bath (wtf are those things called?). Anyway, I remember thinking at the time that I’d love a bit of candle lit bath action and that scented candle looked just the ticket. But I went online and found out it was almost the same price as a Dyptique one! I was scratching my head trying to work out how she could afford to just casually drop that much on a candle as a ‘treat’, when I was in the same boat as her and totally brassic on maternity leave. Of course now it all becomes clear, but at the time I properly fell for the lies.
Thankfully I had enough self restraint not to hammer the credit card, but god I do remember the temptation. I was even almost influenced to buy a Sleepyhead.
Your universe shrinks when you’re at home all day with a new baby and things like social media are often your only connection to adults and the wider world. These influencers intercept that lifeline to become a big part of that tiny universe. All the while waving loads of expensive tat at you while passive-aggressively making you feel inferior for not being able to keep up.

• Heart
Reactions: 54

Axatogrind

VIP Member
I see FOD's had a go at remodelling his reading corner to hide most of that professionally installed panelling that he wasn't happy with.
What do we think? 😜

KitchenUnit.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Axatogrind

VIP Member
What does he mean "let's talk about the dressing room"?

We've never STOPPED talking about the dressing room :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Cliqueypedia (as recommended by @Titfer . Before I go on big shout out to the actual title with most reactions a massive 67 @ForeverMakingJibesWicked - sadly your wicked jibes are just too wicked but here it is for prosperity (you can still put it on your CV and LinkedIn hun)
“Sucking off punks underneath London Bridge; all because Miele won’t send me a fridge”

So roundup!

Well well well we got a new thread and we discussed all kinds of influencer dramas, good reads, good watches, noodles and still no sign of FOD but we did note young @Housedelaclunge was keeping an eye on us - so caring!

Then just like that, 140 restless days, 4.5 pages in to the new thread 💥 HE came back to us 💕

His tentative sober return story told us he missed the creativity of the gram 🤔 he just wants to express himself and show the world his creativity...that’s all (sure Jan).

He realised that some of his previous stuff had been insulting and shite landed wrong and he thought we needed to get over it was sorry we didn’t understand his humour. Many of the Tattlers thought he looked a bit haggard and had not aged well in his absence from the gram...but there was much whooping and excitement at Tattle Towers...our leader was back 💕So what had Fod been doing? He’d turned 38, all kids were now at school, the house was empty...no mention of Glen 🤔

We all held our breaths for a bit and then the inevitable floodgates were opened...but it was not our Sly it was a new reincarnation, the phoenix had risen from the flames and we were treated to FOD the Builder...quickly, quickly jump over the The House of Hooper!

So while we were all wondering if the Hoopers were reflecting on their tone deaf posts, their exploitation of their children and racism, it turns out that FOD had been very very busy making creative content about his new role as DIY enthusiast! It was noted that this was a huge leap from the man who continually moaned that this “house stuff” was Glen’s and not his bag!

First up...claiming to have decorated the hall, stairs and landing of the entire house...not forgetting those pesky (not replaced from free by any mug) spindles. We already knew that, actually, all that had been done by Gill the decorator...not you Fod! Having come and read the thread here he got on his bike and back pedalled eventually begrudgingly giving Gill some credit.

Anyway since then it’s been panelling, panelling and more fkng panelling, “one of a kind” wall art and several photos of highly curated gallery walls and chairs that seem to move around the house 🤷‍♀️

One of the kids tried to tunnel out of their bedroom wall!

Clunge is ever present 😜

Please add (as you can see I was losing the will to live) any good bits I’ve missed 🥰

Mod edit, thread not created correctly :eek: didn't have the right start and a small account isn't allowed as part of a title.

Was: 140 days and it looks like he’s not slept a wink(s_howard) for 138 of them! 🥴

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

Axatogrind

VIP Member
For me, it's the layout and form most of all. The great chunk of an island and its enormous featureless side panel the second you walk in the door. It draws the eye in every direction, and not in a good way. The lack of not only space in front of a full-length mirror to stand back and assess your outfit, but in fact - wait for it - no actual full-length mirror?! :LOL: The fireplace, which should be a nice focal point of the room, totally overwhelmed by the kitchen island from all angles. Those two narrow shelving/drawer units squidged into corners (one of which you can't access at all unless the door to the room is closed), set back from the ratio-hogging three-in-a-row bland double units. The loveseat oddly positioned with its back to the whole room. Units, units everywhere. More units than fucking sale week at MFI.

I'm done.

No wait.

The miserable volume-dominating kitchen island of nothingness. The monstrous, overbearing, flow-sucking white cube of doom.

Now I'm done 😜

4jgs80.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Libertine

VIP Member
It just goes to show they had no idea of the real world for those four (roughly) years.
Twinnie spends a night in hospital? Treat yourself with ££ new pyjamas!

Going to a festival? £££ festival nannies are absolutely essential.

A half term break? A week in a ££££ private villa in Greece will hit the spot.

Washing machine playing up? A £££ new Miele washer AND dryer will do the trick.

New beautifully renovated home? Tear it apart - new £££ flooring, new ££££ kitchen, new ££££ bathrooms. Make that dusty pile of bricks a home!

Gawn, you’re worth it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Instashamous

25 weeks pregnant. I all of my midwife and consultant appointments have been via phone. I haven’t seen anyone in person, or had the reassurance of hearing my baby’s heartbeat. I’ve attended scans alone (although having had 6 miscarriages prior to this pregnancy, really wanted my partner there with me) and have respected that the measures are to keep myself and the midwife team safe. I’ll put my violin away, point is It really disgusts me that there are woman who will have found out their babies have died, who aren’t having complications picked up due to no face to face appointments right now, and that Arsewipe can’t stay away from her pretentious mates to protect the women she’s meant to care for.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Honestly I don't give a fook. Having lost a friend to covid in April their behavior is ridiculous.

I did.

1604233636974.png

1604233708100.png

Oh shite got the word magazine written twice. :cautious:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39

Axatogrind

VIP Member
I’m such a lurker and hardly ever post because I enjoy reading these threads so much but I just don’t understand why (if it is him houseofclunge) he’s set up an account to look at this thread can you not just look at these threads anyway without having a log in if you see what I mean? What’s the point?!
If you're not logged in you can read posts but you can only see thumbnails and not the whole images. We'd hate for them to miss out :p

ClassA.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Wolf359

Chatty Member
They’re so, so entitled. And thick.
They live in a massive ‘pile of dusty Georgian bricks’ that’s stuffed to the rafters with high-end, gifted freebies. Yet in the same week that the government shamefully voted to let the country’s poorest children go hungry this half term, he’s throwing a mantrum on Instagram because he’s only just noticed he’s spent £800 on vouchers he doesn’t need.
Fuck oooooffffff you mediocre, public school bellend. Sell a sink or a BBQ if you’re that hard up for cash. Or get off Instagram and get a proper job?
Jesus Christ this whole influencer thing needs to die ASAP.

• Heart

Blondie123

Their taste is generic, dire and is follow the leader.
Though let's be fair they are fairly original with the dressing room.. i don't know anyone in real life or even on Instagram that has a kitchen for storing their clothes

• Haha

Axatogrind

VIP Member
View attachment 296777

I asked....and she was sent the photos 🤔🤔🤔
This whole #sausagegate spectacle is incredible. Even if we are to believe Sarah Tomczak's story (which I don't), the thought of her sending her children to someone else's house party with #gifted plates and getting them to send her photos of the #gifted items in situ so she can tag and share them has got to be one of the most farcical influencer things I've ever heard. Who even thinks like that?! 😂

• Haha