Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

melodic

I just watched Kiana's video the other day and wow. I get such big troll energy from her them, but in a way where they think "any publicity is good publicity" 😬😬😬

Also, not to be ~transphobic~ or anything but they seem like just another cis straight grifter collecting identities to win the oppression olympics. I feel like an alarming amount of people online are doing this - they weaponise their identities as a way of absolving them from any accountability.

They're a doctor, and someone said their husband is a dentist? And they are claiming they are struggling financially? Sorry, but this clearly affluent cis straight lady is taking the absolute piss.

Edit: Their tiktok, "there is no cure for fatness and even if there were, fatness doesn't need to be cured" makes me really angry, mainly because this is something taken from gay people. Ugh they are insufferable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
She's everything that is wrong with the current identity cult sweeping over the west. Label this, label that and any excuse to get angry. And she is very angry. In my humble life experience, angry people are generally very very unhappy.

Reactions: 10

Blocked

Can she not see that by claiming to not be white, she is just showing how much white privilege she has?
Black people can’t just choose to be white and gain all the privileges that go with being seen as white. Ffs she/they is a total idiot

Reactions: 10

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
The thing that really bothers me about thefatdoctor is that she really doesn’t give a fuck about these people who she claims to be upholding and a lot of her views and the stuff she puts out is extremely america centric, harmful and divisive. The UK doesn’t the same issues with identity based discrimination as the USA, I would say in the UK one of the biggest oppressors affecting everyone, (and especially POC) is class and I have not once in all my time seen her mention anything to do with poverty.
She is just a rich, educated white woman who wants to sit in an ivory tower and be offended on behalf of this imaginary massive population of fat, disabled, lesbian, transgender black british people that she has just invented in her head.

Reactions: 9

Squittel

VIP Member
I'm so happy I've found this thread. I detest the woman. shes vile. shes deeply insecure about being fat and being unable to shift the weight that shes turned to blaming everything but herself. if she was my gp, id demand to see someone else.
my partner is a med student. his parents and grandparents are all doctors. i send him her posts and it infuriates him. almost nothing she says is medically correct. claiming that fat doesnt grow on organs? how is she even a doctor.

also why the fuck is she saying shes black? am I seeing this right?
So, she’s not saying she’s black, she’s saying she’s non white/ POC because she is Jewish.

Jewishness is an interesting one, because some would describe it as a race, some a culture, some a religion, some a sort ethno-religious sub group.

Being Jewish, is more than a religion. It sort of is an ethnicity both from a history context perspective and a DNA perspective.

However, I have not ever met a single white Jewish person who would describe themselves as “POC” and I have a lot of Jewish ancestry and many Jewish friends.

So, I do not doubt that as a Jewish person she has faced anti-semitism and prejudice. Again, almost every Jewish person I know has. It’s a big deal. But it’s a completely separate issue to racism.

Asher is white passing. She has not experienced racism because to experience racism you have to be a different colour (*yes I know that is simplified.) In the same way that white passing mixed race people will not experience the same level of prejudice as someone who is clearly darker skinned. That’s not to say they won’t experience any, or that they are “less” black genetically than someone else - it’s just a fact.

So in my mind it’s very offensive that she is appropriating terminology (“POC”) that is not hers to have. Has she been treated differently because of her Jewishness? Likely. Has she experienced antisemitism? Likely. Does that give her a reason to call herself a person of colour? Absolutely not.

RachRN86

VIP Member
Same! I find it surprising that a GP believes that being obese doesn't have any health implications. I am currently very overweight and I have joint pain, psoriasis flare up, sleep apnea and borderline diabetic (I am losing weight slowly!) But I know I wouldn't have any of those conditions if I were a healthy weight. She's so unpleasant with it as well

Spilttea

VIP Member
Fat phobia is a thing but the fat acceptance movement is doing a huge disservice to fat people especially the younger ones, yes you can be 21,
fat, going to the gym/keeping active and it’s all dandy, but fast forward 20 years and that same fat is going to start to affect your health. I don’t think it’s fat phobic to say that. You can’t outsmart it,
It will catch up with you. People like fat doctor are doing a huge amount of harm to overweight and obese people by spouting this stuff.

Park1

Chatty Member
I had to unfollow. She is so angry. She is so adamant being overweight is not a contributory factor towards any health issues. Of course it does and I say this as someone who is overweight!

Reactions: 8

RachRN86

VIP Member
I think they would get more respect by saying yes I'm a white, cishet female but I'm an ally and want to use my privilege to educate and be educated!

Reactions: 8

lxlyfloral

I think I’m just going to report her myself because I have genuine concerns about her ability to provide equal and fair healthcare to all groups of people. I’ve been sucked into this rabbit hole all evening (unfortunately she came on my tiktok fyp and I was shocked) and the more I see, the more I’m convinced she’s not fit to practice
Has anyone seen her latest tiktok (“zero interest” one)? The way she looks at the camera at the end? That’s how my school bullies used to look at me, can you imagine a doctor looking you up and down like that?!

This is also just a theory but I fully believe if GMC do take it any further, she’ll try and push the whole “but I’m trans / non binary / lgbtq+ / mentally ill / fat / Jewish / neurodivergent etc etc angle and try to claim it’s discrimination. I can see her going down that route. She seems to want to be part of a marginalised group so badly. I think this is why she’s so confident it won’t go anywhere - she can pull the discrimination card.
Also massively annoyed me when she said she’s struggling to pay her bills. The starting salary for a GP is £62,000. Plus it’s combined with her husband’s dentist income. If she’s struggling to pay her bills, she clearly can’t manage money. Sorry Dr but you can’t try and claim the poverty card too when you’re a literal doctor.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

MamaD

VIP Member
They are absolutely horrific.

Also, despite being in a bigger body and a supporter of HAES in some ways and anti fat stigma (you absolutely should never have someone assume a diagnosis just because you are big, or have symptoms written off as things that will go “if you lose some weight” without having them fully investigated. And it does happen). My mum who is obese, and in her 50s, and always an objectively fat and healthy person, has recently developed type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol. 2 things which are not in our family and which, because of people like thefatdoctor, I have been adamant she wouldn’t get. Now my mum is quite seriously ill and I’m having to rethink all the nonsense I’ve believed about HAES. I honestly think it’s dangerous.

Give it a few years and a lot of these campaigners are going to have to do a massive turnaround.
As an obese person, it catches up with you (I’m finding that out too!) I workout but being overweight and getting older is no fun and it only gets worse. No one should be judged for their size but I think pretending that obesity doesn’t cause many health issues is crazy. There needs to be a balance and she doesn’t have it. Going on a diet is crap, why because I love eating ‘junk’ and not in moderation. it’s doing me no good and some tough love is now required. Yes a bigger body can run a marathon but excess fat surrounding vital organs, fatty liver disease, T2diabetes are all somewhat preventable by being a healthy weight (not based on BMI) and eating a well balanced diet (no fad diets, no detoxes just sensible portions). Hope your Mum is doing well.

• Heart

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
I suspect it will be something along the lines of, "It's impossible to be fat and healthy due to thin supremacy, yt supremacy, cis-het supremacy. For more information, please visit my Patreon!"

Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 17.06.29.png

And the utter grifting cheek!

You are a GP, your husband is a dentist. If you are trying to figure out how to pay your bills, that's on you.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Can she not see that by claiming to not be white, she is just showing how much white privilege she has?
Black people can’t just choose to be white and gain all the privileges that go with being seen as white. Ffs she/they is a total idiot
She is vile. She is just trying to appropriate the actual struggles of racism that POC face and make out like she is also a victim of it. It’s disgusting and I’m shocked that it isn’t called out more

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Her latest tweets genuinely made me feel quite sad. She is going off at this ED support organization but also basically ripping into people with eating disorders as well. It’s actually horrible, does she not realize that anorexia literally has the highest death rate of any mental health issue? People aren’t starving themselves because they’re fucking fatphobic trolls, they’re doing it because they’ve got A MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEM.
Honestly I’m really glad she wont be a doctor anymore because she is really not fit to practise

• Heart

Spilttea

VIP Member
“Resigned” sure you did Asher, I assume the choice was probably made for them and this saving of face was the consolation prize.

Be prepared to see them popping up as a talking head on all the shows that will be stupid enough to have them, advocating for Asher first and foremost.