Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

overthinkingit

Can anyone on here advise - I have tried and tried to google the situ with Grade 2* listed buildings as obviously they have VERY strict rules and limits to adhere to.

I just cannot for the life of me understand how they are getting to paint original woodwork - pink/green and gold??

SURELY you would need consent for those kind of makeovers - even internally.. isn't that why it's a "two-star" listing.
My theory is that a lot of the wood panelling is not original to the building, and was added during the previous owner's extensive renovation. It's important to remember that this building was a rectory in a small English town, and then a family farmhouse for many years. The panelling in the rooms with the hidden cabinets is very likely to be original to the house, however, and she should be very careful about what materials she decided to use in those rooms, and certainly the medieval/tudor beams, fireplaces, etc cannot be altered under any circumstances.

Painting the new, non historic, panelling pink and gold is only a crime of poor taste I'm afraid.

As a conservation professional, I'm keeping a very close eye on what she does to that house, however. Listed buildings are protected for a reason, and they are not ours to do as we like with them. They belong to the cultural heritage of England, and Josie's responsibility as an owner is to be a responsible steward of the building. What she has done to the place so far is deeply disrespectful, but if she does anything illegal I will be the first to report her.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
OH GOOD MORNING! It's me... the infamous white zimmermann shorts. Everybody knows me and everybody wants to be me.

I'm new to this site - couldn't resist joining after having silently been reading all of Josie threads for a number of weeks now. So apologies for creeping in the background but honestly it was just such fun pre-bed entertainment reading all your hilarious comments and saying all of the things I was thinking!

So here I am. The perfect shorts. Ready for a lovely garden tea party and some frolicking about my gaaaardennn and dancing around the agaaaaaaa, my lovelies!!

(Please be kind to this newbie lol)
xx

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Something completely unrelated to their lack of taste and style...does anyone else get really irritated when she says “I’m stood here” or “where we are stood right now”? I immediately shout at the screen:” If you are stood there, who placed you there?!?”. I know, not everybody is a stickler for grammar, but if you pretend to be posh, at least try to elevate yourself above the commoner linguistically.
Not to mention her doggy voice. When she says “mummmmy”, I get an unexplainable urge for physical violence.
Gosh, since joining this site two days ago, I’ve become a first class bitch. Finally, a place I can vent my displeasure without having my comments deleted. Lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
Let me guess.

"Darlings, you won't believe. I manifested this beautiful accent chair and look, the company reached out to me and are so kindly gifting it to me. I absolutely love it. I will link down below (affiliate link) and use Josie15 for 15% off. Just EPIC!!"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
🎼 Josie had them Apple Blossom trees (trees)
Pooches with the fur (with the fur)
The whole countryside lookin' at her
She hid the relative (she hid the relative)
Next thing you know
Relative got low low low low low low low low
Them plonker pink shorts and the Aga with the gas (the gas)
She bore her teeth and gave that farmer all her sass (all her sass)
She cooked petals
Next thing you know
Plonker said no no no no no no no 🎶

I composed that myself, my daaahlings!! Toodle pip! xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

PurplePhoenix97

I like Josie but the bed set and all the kitsch flower patterns are horrible. I keep mentioning Louise Roe, but I think she made a great job with her house. It looks classic and chic, even if she uses a lot of wallpapers, flower patterns, etc. In Paris, big appartments that have gold in the walls are usually decorated with scandinavian/neutral furniture to tone down the "gold" element. I don't know why that bed company has that name because the furniture they sell doesn't have a french style at all. Nobody has furniture like this in France, it's too over the top for the French taste.
It’s more 1700s French.

New name for our Josie

Marie Antwatnette 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Iris1969

VIP Member
Another round of "will she answer this burning question or not?" 🤭
20200614_201836.jpg

And when will she be done with it and finally use the "block" button?

We will have to wait and see.....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

Vanessajenkins

This was horrendous to watch. As an historian, my heart is just breaking. That colour is vile and everything is the wrong period. This should be a crime. The previous owner did an amazing job of sympathetically restoring the place and she is wrecking it.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

Plonker

I think it’s fairly obvious where the hidden guests were staying 🙄. “I’ve blown up a mattress just to get an idea of the size of a double bed” yeah pull the other one! What you also happened to just plug in a little lamp by the bed and have a duvet etc all sat at the side. Poor scarlet/lala or whoever the hell they had hidden in the attic.

She treats her viewers like they are complete idiots. really really bad mistake she should remember where her income comes from! 🤬

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Thank you my darling sweatie treatie bumpkinies! I feel most welcome indeed. Just enjoying a very fresh morning mint tea with mint leaves from the garden. Oh the neighbouring peasants could only dream of such luxury with their potted plants and patio yards!! (Lol would it be annoying for me to talk in her pretentious voice in all my posts, or would that just be authentic?) 🙈

My discount code for this lockdown season is DIAPER2020 so please like and subscribe and make sure you turn your notification bell on so you don't miss out on your diaper-wearing potential.

Charlie the plonker won't let me cook my flower petals in the oven again, so by way of rebellious act I am going to steal some of his cheese instead! Heeheeeeheeee

Ta ta for now, my little schmookie dookies!! x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Woo_63

Chatty Member
I must say I'm getting irritated watching her videos.
I'm appalled by every decision she makes regarding the house, it's a farce...
The bed (omg I can't even 😯), the pink room, gold accents on the paneling, the painting of the bath 🙄.
The cleaning cupboard does my nut it, why is she even showing it because after all it's a f*ckng cupboard and we've all got one (but mine is tidy) I'd be embarrassed. Lydia must be hyperventilating at the sight of it all.
They're ruining the garden, it looks sh*t from every angle, I feel sorry for Mr Gardener.
And f*cking flying ants!!! Charlie's extensive knowledge of sweet fa is astounding, it really is 😖.
He scoffed at the tenant painting flower pots when they first moved in but then last night she's spray painting planters GOLD.
I'm sick of the doggy voice, her voice, his voice.
I'm not watching from now on so won't have anything to say on here from now on 😶.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24