Family reunions after covid

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today was the first time that most my family (brothers and sisters) were reunited since christmas 2019.

I was so excited to see them and have come away really fed up and already planning to be busy at any other family get togethers!

My son is 8, for some unknown reason he decided to turn a footstool on its side, my brother ( the host) went mental. I told my son off as soon as i saw what he was doing, made him put it back and go apologise. My brother a nearly 50 year old told him it wasn't good enough and he wasn't welcome any more! He then proceeded to have a go at me until my husband and another brother stepped in. I get my son was in the wrong and shouldn't of done it but crikey!

Anyone else had eventful family reunions?!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I haven't seen the majority of my in-laws in over a year.
Let's just say I'm in no hurry for any family reunions!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Today was the first time that most my family (brothers and sisters) were reunited since christmas 2019.

I was so excited to see them and have come away really fed up and already planning to be busy at any other family get togethers!

My son is 8, for some unknown reason he decided to turn a footstool on its side, my brother ( the host) went mental. I told my son off as soon as i saw what he was doing, made him put it back and go apologise. My brother a nearly 50 year old told him it wasn't good enough and he wasn't welcome any more! He then proceeded to have a go at me until my husband and another brother stepped in. I get my son was in the wrong and shouldn't of done it but crikey!

Anyone else had eventful family reunions?!
Would have told the uncle/brother to get get a feckin' grip and that he wasn't welcome for being an absolute 🤬.

Reactions: 2
It sounds like your brother was probably just overwhelmed with hosting although he massively overreacted.

After the first lockdown it was great to see family and we would have days out or meet for meals and bbqs but after the third one the novelty had worn off, behaviours from kids had slipped and it was less stress free.

Reactions: 1