Family meal plans - no food haul aggressive pointing here.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope this is right!

Follow on from the Rebecca Lamb thread. Hope she joins in for some heart meals!

Reactions: 6
I’ll get shot down but I’ve been using hello fresh for weeks now and love it. I just do an account with my email, then my fb then my partners name etc to keep getting the discount. Naughty I know.

Reactions: 5
I’ll get shot down but I’ve been using hello fresh for weeks now and love it. I just do an account with my email, then my fb then my partners name etc to keep getting the discount. Naughty I know.
I quite like Gousto as well :)

Reactions: 1
I've had hello fresh before and I did like it. Just couldn't justify the price.

This was well before Instagram floggers started pimping it though.

Reactions: 1
Are they worth trying once with the discount? Iv always thought I could replicate the recipes cheaper afterwards.
Anyway, meal tonight was tomato and basil pasta with turkey steaks diced and mixed in.
Sauce is just 6 chopped and de-seeded tomatoes, Handful of basil, chicken stock, a splash of cream. Mix in pasta and simmer.

Reactions: 2
Love this thread im nosy i love seeing what others eat.
I find majority of you tubers food shops expensive and lots convieniance foods.
Meldrums never urge to replicate any of their meals.
Rebecca lamb is even worse.
Katie Ellison who doesnt love faittas however she shops nearly evert day for food i dont see budgeting or a set meal plan.
Charlotte louise Taylor a total foodie but don't think i have the time or the money to replicate hers.
I dont think food delivery systems like hello fresh/gousto is cost effective portion sizes and fussy kids.
Interested to see other peoples meals as often feel we stuck in a rut.
September for is we making number of changes as want to save money on grocery as reckon we spending least 500month for family of 6 including a teen and a toddler. Teen eats adult portion.
Includes nappies/cleaning items and toiletries plus alcohol and includes some packed lunches too.
We shop around we have every supermarket close apart from Waitrose.
Plan September is 1 meat free night
Eat healthier 2 nights convieniance that might mean straight from freezer/ fresh pizza/odd ready meal or occasional treat takeaway where as Meldrums/Charlotte and brummy seem to have takeaways nearly every week.
Sarah this mama life does she ever eat in?
I have so many cook books mostiy charity shop carboot so sept going to aim to make 30 different meals using cook books, recipies free supermarket magazines and free recipes bbc good food guide.
Pinterest is great tool for saving online recipes in 1 place.
We big fans of shopping around.
Aldi super six and lilds equivalent for fruit and veg.
We shop reductions
Love home bargains for some food items.
Iceland frozen
Coop do a big frozen meal deal for £5 every week that usually includes chips/ veg/ icecream and breaded chicken/ fish or pizza that i find handy for lazy busy evening night.
For husband I like marks and Spencer dine in meals 10 or 20 quid as treat cheaper than takeout.
Or I get steak and make home made chips peas and peppercorn sauce.
Salmon or seabass fillets with baby potatoes and peas
Spicier curry.

Biggest tip is keep it simpe look for recipes that dont take up huge amount time or 2 many ingrediants.
I try put least 1 portion veg with Lunch and dinner.

Breakfast
Pancakes and fruit, overnight oats, porridge, cereal/ fruit/yogurt, toast, bagals or crumpets.
We all like different things and leave house at different times so i rotate over 4 weeks what bread products I buy.
So w 1 toastie bread/ week 2 bagals, w 3 crumpets/ w 4 crusty rolls with bacon and egg or jam/croissants.
Weekends might do cooked breakfast/omlette or pancakes.

Lunches
Beans on toast/ cheese on toast, salad, sandwich/ pasta salad, baked potato with cheese or beans/ wrap pizza using light wrap as a base. Soup shop brought or homemade.

Dinner
Sausage/chicken/beef casserole
Spag bol I prefer lamb mince kids prefer beef .sometimes add diced bacon.
Sometimes shop brought sauce sometimes made from scratch using passatta,onion, garlic, basil and olive oil mix fresh or dry pasta and garlic bread. Its dish im bored if kids love and everyone will eat.

Roasted chicken drumsticks wedges and mini corn on cob.
Curry me and husband like spicy
Kids only korma or tikka use a curry paste and cream. Serve poppodoms, rice and naans.
Pizza usually mix shop brought frozen Chicago town or fresh aldis/lidld gourmet fresh pizza around 3.50.
Occasionally make our own.
Use wraps as base. Home bargains sell pack 2 napolina bases.
You can also buy frozen pizza dough I only do when on offer.

Chicken faittas home made salsa and tortilla chips served with cheese and salad.
Roast dinner every 2 weeks.
Creamy cheese pasta
Broccoli and cauliflower cheese with diced bacon.
Macaroni peas. Basicallly pasta and frozen peas just before end add handful grated cheese and cooked bacon or ham toddler loves it.

Love Swartz packet mixes often 4 for £2 asda/tesco so 50p each.
Especially love the slow cooker ones 8 varieties.
Always keep loads packet mixes in house with tinned tomatoes herbs passatta and puree more than ready prepared jars.

Reactions: 3
Are they worth trying once with the discount? Iv always thought I could replicate the recipes cheaper afterwards.
Anyway, meal tonight was tomato and basil pasta with turkey steaks diced and mixed in.
Sauce is just 6 chopped and de-seeded tomatoes, Handful of basil, chicken stock, a splash of cream. Mix in pasta and simmer.
Definitely worth trying. My kids have tried absolutely all sorts from it that I’d have never cooked and thought they’d eat. You keep the recipe cards too so you can make it again x

Reactions: 2
I hear better things about gousto than hello fresh, don’t know how well it would work for us but it’s tempting to try.

Hayleys.world on insta has some good recipes saved in her highlights. I really like the spicy tomato pasta sauce. I've made her carbonara for my husband too, he said it was better than a restaurant!