Fake friends

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's natural to feel guilty when you start setting boundaries! What did say?
She was gonna come round and see me, we had plans all week. Our mutual friend decided she was going to see the christmas lights be put on, so she messaged saying 'Ive decided to see the light switch on, catxh up later'

So i put a statues up about how people are fake friends and only want you when they've no other option. She commented saying 'is this about me?' so I basically said it was and she said "it works both ways" and I basically said that was bullshit because im always asking her to do stuff and she hasnt replied 🤷‍♀️

One piece of advice.

leave Facebook and Twitter and Instagram and your social media “status” out of a friendship.

respect someone enough to say it to their face and with your chest.
if someone tried to have a “conversation“ with me through a social media update I wouldn’t be arsed replying or acknowledging it.

adults should act like adults no matter the situation.

just my view.

Reactions: 9
I agree about saying it to somebody directly before announcing it on social media. I hate passive agressive people. When people make these little comments and digs I straight up ask them if there is an issue and then they are normally so shocked because I am not confrontational by nature.

A lot of times if you tell somebody they would not even have been aware of the problem, this also means that they have an opportunity to change or say duck it and then you can ditch them for good

Reactions: 1
I agree about saying it to somebody directly before announcing it on social media. I hate passive agressive people. When people make these little comments and digs I straight up ask them if there is an issue and then they are normally so shocked because I am not confrontational by nature.

A lot of times if you tell somebody they would not even have been aware of the problem, this also means that they have an opportunity to change or say duck it and then you can ditch them for good
you automatically lose my respect when you start indirectly commenting or indirectly bitching.
pits what I hate able social media.

i’d wave you off and shut the door.

Okay, yeah maybe I was wrong doing it through face book but she wouldnt listen otherwise. Anything you say to her goes in one ear and out that other, shes read this though, knew it was about her and shes obviously taken it in because shes not said anything back.
Ive since deleted the post, so its not up for everyone to see anymore.

Okay, yeah maybe I was wrong doing it through face book but she wouldnt listen otherwise. Anything you say to her goes in one ear and out that other, shes read this though, knew it was about her and shes obviously taken it in because shes not said anything back.
Awww bless, it wasn't necessarily digging it at you. We all do things in the heat of the moment. Now she knows how you feel just ignore her.

I've had a lot of issues with girls and thats why I prefer the company of men. Women can be so catty and unreliable.

Reactions: 2
At least you can ignore her now and she doesn't need to wonder what she's done.

Bit late to the party here but well done for mentioning something to her. I have no friends literally. After I had my child a few years ago me and my best friends of over ten years fell out. My mental health was shocking after having a baby, I literally felt like I had nothing and no one and I just stopped speaking to them because the constant ignoring me, not asking how I am, not making an effort with my baby, I was just so done with them. I cried every day for about a year after i cut them out, but now in hinds sight a couple of years later, I am the happiest I've ever been. Sure I would love some girlfriends, but I have a beautiful child, a partner who loves me and is a great dad, I'm closer than ever with my own parents and I'm content with life. They are still doing the same tit they were 5, 10 years ago, I'm better off ! Even though it still makes me sad.

Reactions: 6
Bit late to the party here but well done for mentioning something to her. I have no friends literally. After I had my child a few years ago me and my best friends of over ten years fell out. My mental health was shocking after having a baby, I literally felt like I had nothing and no one and I just stopped speaking to them because the constant ignoring me, not asking how I am, not making an effort with my baby, I was just so done with them. I cried every day for about a year after i cut them out, but now in hinds sight a couple of years later, I am the happiest I've ever been. Sure I would love some girlfriends, but I have a beautiful child, a partner who loves me and is a great dad, I'm closer than ever with my own parents and I'm content with life. They are still doing the same tit they were 5, 10 years ago, I'm better off ! Even though it still makes me sad.
That is very sad. But as a person with no children and not planning on having any I can tell you that people with kids are not interested in childless friends. I get it though, they want people with other kids to keep the children entertained.
I would love just one good friend though and not just fair weather friends. I find people don’t want to make an effort anymore. I guess with the rise of social media and netflix most people are happy by themselves 🤷🏼‍♀️

That is very sad. But as a person with no children and not planning on having any I can tell you that people with kids are not interested in childless friends. I get it though, they want people with other kids to keep the children entertained.
I would love just one good friend though and not just fair weather friends. I find people don’t want to make an effort anymore. I guess with the rise of social media and netflix most people are happy by themselves 🤷🏼‍♀️
I think that's a little misjudged. I've lost touch with several childless friends since I had kids - nothing to do with wanting other kids around to entertain mine. In my experience non-parents don't get "it" ; mine would still invite me on holidays, weekends, nights out, shopping trips, would cancel plans last minute etc...life isn't like that when you're a mum, not for me anyway. I do have some wonderful child free mates still but they tend to have a lot of kids around them to give more of an insight. Just my take 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Realise that she is an aquaintance and not a friend.

I had a 'good' friend but it would bug me that whenever we spoke it was always 'me. me. me . me" and always complaining about her other half. When things were good with them i hardly heard from her.

Anyway, my mum was dying and she was nowhere to be seen, no calls, texts etc. A few weeks later i got a call, this is exactly how it went:

Her: OMG you will not believe what the Fwit has done.
Me: My mum died
Her. OH. Well that bastard.....
Me: Hung up.

She was never my friend. I was an ear to listen to her crap when she needed. My friends were the people by my mums grave holding me up. There were very few of them but they were my REAL friends.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Realise that she is an aquaintance and not a friend.

I had a 'good' friend but it would bug me that whenever we spoke it was always 'me. me. me . me" and always complaining about her other half. When things were good with them i hardly heard from her.

Anyway, my mum was dying and she was nowhere to be seen, no calls, texts etc. A few weeks later i got a call, this is exactly how it went:

Her: OMG you will not believe what the Fwit has done.
Me: My mum died
Her. OH. Well that bastard.....
Me: Hung up.

She was never my friend. I was an ear to listen to her crap when she needed. My friends were the people by my mums grave holding me up. There were very few of them but they were my REAL friends.
Sorry to hear about your mum xx

I think that's a little misjudged. I've lost touch with several childless friends since I had kids - nothing to do with wanting other kids around to entertain mine. In my experience non-parents don't get "it" ; mine would still invite me on holidays, weekends, nights out, shopping trips, would cancel plans last minute etc...life isn't like that when you're a mum, not for me anyway. I do have some wonderful child free mates still but they tend to have a lot of kids around them to give more of an insight. Just my take 🤷‍♀️
I 100% hear you but I've always been very accommodating with my friends with kids and I just found that I got left out of more and more. They'd rather spend their time with other families. Saying that, I might be the problem who knows 🤦‍♀️

It's never great having any fake. It makes you feel like rubbish. Fake handbags, watches, clothing and this goes for friends too. It's better to have one good authentic handbag than several fakes.

How do you deal with fake friends? Cutting them off is easier said than done. Im tired of this one friend. She makes no effort, constantly leaves me out of outings but when asked she comes up with an excuse or if I dont message her for a few days she then messages me asking if im okay and why im not talking.
She seems to stalk our other mutal friend, bending over backwards to help her, turning up at her house to take her children for the weekend, even though the other friends said no previously she just tells her she wont take no for an answer.
Our friend went on her first family holiday in July and she invited her self along and went with them.
I feel like shes jealous of my health issues, whatever I have she has worse but yet doesnt display any of the symptoms she should and carries on life as normal where I feel like im trying to walk through mud most days.
I honestly think she has an undiagnosed mental health condition, although I cant put my finger on what it would be.
A friendship should be balanced and it sounds like your friend is not a true friend. She’s not being respectful. Sounds like she wants the other friend to like her more than you. You don’t need these sort of people in your life - they can be toxic. I’d be civil to her when required but nothing else. With regards to the mutual friend, well if she treats you nicely then spend time with her, but if you see her going off with your other friend, I’d say good riddance and move on and find better relationships that are less stressful and kind.