Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JakeMcEvoy

BF a baby for a minute, hour, month, year or whatever are all valid journeys. It’s up to each woman. What you’re saying is right and she didn’t need to disclose anything but for me the issue is she was that she was portraying herself as one thing and painting this martyr image. She was using it as content, for praise, attention and sympathy. She was acting like she was the spokesperson for the women of Ireland. She selectively chose what to hide which meant she had negative feelings about combo feeding and this is from the problem - she attached negative connotations for other women looking on. This is from the woman who won’t stop talking about her thrush. She isn’t shy from withholding personal information. We all know everything about her own children.
I do agree with you however I think its a chicken and egg situation, that the stigma surrounding BF versus bottle feeding exists, so its not like she attributed the negativity to that out of nowhere, it was her response to the perceived failure associated with "admitting defeat" or not doing it correctly or whatever else. Its not like grace created that stigma, she felt it herself and then like you say, perpetuated it. Which says more about society than it does Grace imho. I understand she is an influencer and she chose to accept the praise for doing it, so she should have been more transparent and I absolutely agree with you, and like I said, i was initially under the impression she was honest about the struggle throughout; but i do understand why mothers are reluctant to be open and vulnerable on this particular topic, precisely because there is such a stigma and judgement surrounding how mothers choose to feed their babies, which shouldn't be the case.

JakeMcEvoy

The problem with Grace was her usual. She claimed at the time BF was a breeze, everyone should do it.....blah..blah..blah...then after the fact came out and talked about how it was the hardest thing in the world.
She is disingenuous to her followers, noone is asking her to talk about how hard breastfeeding is while she's doing it, but Grace herself volunteered the info that it was the easiest thing in the world, like being a parent...
Nevermind the shit show she caused in various facebook groups, the sad face daily mail story, the Cow and Gate Saga.
It's nothing to do with if she breastfed or not, I couldn't give a shiny shit how she fed her child. but its Grace, she can't be honest about anything.
Doing this sort of crap over and over again alienates anyone watching her going through the same situation, it's like her MH statements the last while, anyone who is really struggling is possibly wondering why they can't just "brush it off" as Grace does.
Oh well this is info I didnt know sorry! So it was only after the fact that she discussed the difficulties? After claiming it was all a dream? That is obviously not appropriate.

I still don't feel she needs to "disclose" combi feeding. If she is breastfeeding then she still experiences the difficulties and joys of breastfeeding. Supplementing isn't some shameful secret, so I suppose one could argue that she shouldn't shy away from discussing that aspect too, but i don't agree that she should have to disclose it either....If that makes sense 🙃. Combi feeding is an element of the breastfeeding journey for many, it doesnt diminish the breastfeeding aspect. Sure it would be great for her to normalise it, i agree on that, it would remove some of the stigma some people feel about their own perceived failure on that front. But imo its not something that undermines her journey or takes away from everything else she discussed when it came to BF. Now, if she was claiming it was all super easy while struggling and supplementing, thats a whole different story!! So apologies if that's what people were saying, thats not the same thing as how i understood it to be.

Madamex

VIP Member
Is anyone here following her? If so does she have stories up? I think you can set it to followers only?