Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started on 50mg of sertraline 5 days ago. First time ever taking it. Today I’ve had some mid-cycle spotting (period shouldn’t be due for at least another 8 days or so), do you think this could be a side effect? Never had spotting like this before x

I started on 50mg of sertraline 2 months ago, start my third month tomorrow. For the first 2 weeks I felt like I was in space, very spaced out, headaches, nausea and my eyes were bright red. This has very much eased but now I feel dead inside, I have zero emotion, I'm bothered about things but just feel like I can't feel anything. To go from crying every day to now nothing feels very alien to me. This is concerning me as I want to at least feel human. In terms of my mood, I feel better at least. I'm also struggling with my sex drive & being able to climax now which I've had no issues with previously.

Reactions: 1
Yep I've zero set drive and I'm never very happy or very sad. Couldn't tell you when I last cried. Very numbed

I started on 50mg of sertraline 2 months ago, start my third month tomorrow. For the first 2 weeks I felt like I was in space, very spaced out, headaches, nausea and my eyes were bright red. This has very much eased but now I feel dead inside, I have zero emotion, I'm bothered about things but just feel like I can't feel anything. To go from crying every day to now nothing feels very alien to me. This is concerning me as I want to at least feel human. In terms of my mood, I feel better at least. I'm also struggling with my sex drive & being able to climax now which I've had no issues with previously.
This is so normal. It’s called emotional blunting and I had this quite significantly at the start. Some days now I feel numb even though I have tit going on that I needed to cry over. I have to say it does get better but maybe speak to the doctor if it’s bothering you too much x

Very normal symptoms, especially at the start! I felt exactly the same about two months in (think I posted on this thread worrying just like you!) but it did improve for me 💖 I used to get the feeling that I wanted to cry if something upset or frustrated me but my body physically couldn’t do it. It felt weird and made me feel all pent up as I had no release for my feelings! But now I can quite easily cry again! I definitely don’t have the full “range” of emotions still but that’s fine for me. I don’t mind missing out on ecstatic happiness if it means I also get to miss out the lows at the other end of the scale! 😅

One thing that’s been bizarre for me is the effect Sertraline has had on my imagination! I used to be a terrible daydreamer (to the point where I’d call it maladaptive daydreaming) but my mind rarely wanders now. Very strange feeling for me!

• Heart
I take the in am, honestly my dreams are wild I wake up in the morning feeling like I’ve been mad busy all night, not at all rested. Last night was more of a nightmare, I was terminally ill close to dying and just felt so helpless. I’ve been taking them since November I’m in two minds about phoning the doctors and seeing if I can switch.

Folks, I moved from lexapro to sertraline a few weeks ago, currently at 100mg dosage. I cannot get cool, I went outside in a t shirt earlier (Ireland in January cold!) which is incredibly unlike me. I know sertraline sweats can be a common side effect but this isn’t so much sweating as just feeling overwhelmingly stifling warm at all times. I got night sweats on lexapro, but never this draining daytime overheating. Has anyone else experienced this? If I’m struggling in winter, how will I survive summer!?

I’ve had this as well, I’d like to say it’s temporary but I had it most recently during the cold snap last week. If it’s any relief I can’t remember having it much during the day, it was more at night for me.
Just keep hydrated, take showers if you feel stinky and wash clothes more often. (Like my exercise gear which could have probably walked on its own after 2 days)

I’m having bad insomnia, detailed and vivid dreams, short term memory loss and extreme fatigue.
Apart from that and the night sweats everything’s rosey. 🤣
(Gotta laugh or I’ll cry)

• Sad
Folks, I moved from lexapro to sertraline a few weeks ago, currently at 100mg dosage. I cannot get cool, I went outside in a t shirt earlier (Ireland in January cold!) which is incredibly unlike me. I know sertraline sweats can be a common side effect but this isn’t so much sweating as just feeling overwhelmingly stifling warm at all times. I got night sweats on lexapro, but never this draining daytime overheating. Has anyone else experienced this? If I’m struggling in winter, how will I survive summer!?
This is the only side effect that persists for me almost two years down the line! I am constantly warm! I drove to work with my window down this morning 🤣 Summer is pretty much unbearable for me but luckily I work somewhere with amazing aircon so I only have to suffer at home or on nights out! 🤣

• Sad
This is the only side effect that persists for me almost two years down the line! I am constantly warm! I drove to work with my window down this morning 🤣 Summer is pretty much unbearable for me but luckily I work somewhere with amazing aircon so I only have to suffer at home or on nights out! 🤣
Honestly I might rather be sad, this is almost unbearable.

Is anyone else struggling with the dreams?
Me. when I first started taking Sertraline the dreams I had were mad, like I couldnt make them up if I tried and they freaked me out. Im cutting my dose now (I take 25mg a day and I feel like I could come off them), but I stupidly started taking 25mg every other day (so cut my dose by 50%) and the dreams came back. so I'm now doing two days on, one day off for a few weeks and will then reduce it again. I've been on it for years so I plan to come off slowly.

Started 50mg for the last week, don't feel any different and no side effects. Not been on it before - can anyone advise!? I've got a review in 2 weeks.... should I ask to up the dose to 75mg or?

Not sertraline but has anyone tried citalopram?

I keep slurring my words and have struggled to keep my balance since I started it. I switched straight from duloxetine.
Maybe I'm just health anxious but idk if this is a cause for concern or if it'll go away in time.

I feel horrendously nauseous as well. I just don't feel okay mentally or physically right now.

Not sertraline but has anyone tried citalopram?

I keep slurring my words and have struggled to keep my balance since I started it. I switched straight from duloxetine.
Maybe I'm just health anxious but idk if this is a cause for concern or if it'll go away in time.

I feel horrendously nauseous as well. I just don't feel okay mentally or physically right now.
citalopram worked for me when I had depression but didn’t touch the sides for anxiety and intrusive thoughts

citalopram worked for me when I had depression but didn’t touch the sides for anxiety and intrusive thoughts
I found the exact same thing! I was given it for depression ten years ago and it didn’t really do much for me (as well as awful side effects!). But now I know it was anxiety and OCD causing the low mood - trying Sertraline instead worked so much better for me as it sorted the root of the issue!

I’ve an appointment with my dr on Monday to reduce from 100mg to 50mg. My moods been great the last 6 months to a year, but I’m chronically exhausted all the time and 0 energy to do anything so hoping by reducing the dosage it’ll ease that symptom a bit, has anyone else that has reduced found that the tiredness subsided any when you dropped or did it take coming off them altogether before you noticed a difference?