Exhausted every weight loss diet .. any advice?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello,

so for years on and off I’ve tried SW, WW etc etc and always end up failing.

I have enjoyed them and then I’ve both felt bad for focusing so hard on weight loss.

I have a goal that’s not too silly (it’s actually my post baby weight) and one I felt comfortable being, it’s taken nearly 3 years to accept my body and the stretch marks etc but due to PND it’s been HARD to accept these changes due to having my little one.

Has anyone advice or just a general tips and hand hold on just focusing on eating well / healthy, trying to move more and what I can do to stop the disappointment I feel for failing doing Slimming World again?

Thank you 🥰

Definitively try fasting it works well especially during lockdown give yourself a cut off to avoid snacking all night it does wonders.

Reactions: 4
I would just keep it simple. Calculate your TDEE (many calculators on Google) to calculate your daily calories minus 500 calories from that for a 1lb a week loss. If that feels too restrictive then cut the deficit to 200/300 calories. Don't go too low. I've lost more eating 1600 a day than I ever did on 1200 (just coming up to a year of losing and I've lost 3 stone and am 10lb away from goal).

Drink lots of water and eat lots of veg. If you aren't keen on counting calories that's fine but I'd give it a try for a week or two just to give you an idea of how many calories are in what you eat regularly. I use myfitnesspal but there are others out there too.

Reactions: 16
Try to eat more protein food as then you wont be as hungry and have veg and salad with every meal. Don't buy crisps and chocolate etc and try to go for a walk every day. Its hard at the moment as its cold still and there's nowhere to go much that you haven't been thousands of times. etc.

Reactions: 3
Buy a weighted skipping rope. I bought one for £6 and it’s the best weight loss tool I’ve ever indulged in. I’m down 7lbs in a week and a half from doing 20 minutes a day and some calorie counting and I feel great. Better for the knees than running too.

Reactions: 5
Intermittent fasting has been working well for me. I use the app Zero to keep track, but in short I fast for 16 hours and eat for eight hours between 12:00pm and 8:00pm.

I skip breakfast as that works for me but you might want to start eating earlier and finish earlier e.g. 10:00am to 6:00pm dependent on your circumstances.

I've also stopped buying crap like crisps and biscuits as if I don't have them in the house I won't eat them, and I wouldn't specifically go out to buy them otherwise.

I lost 3.5 stone on SW but I got fed up of how restrictive it was and the cult mentality of group and I've put about 2.5 back on in around three years. I still mostly eat what I want but having the cut off times works well for me. I've also done a few OMADs (one meal a day) which gives good results.

I have lost over a stone so far calorie counting and inputting EVERYTHING on to My Fitness Pal app ... it’s helped me sooo much on being accountable. Good luck 🤞🏻

Definitely calorie counting. If you do it right, you will definitely see results! Like @about.a.girl I used My Fitness Pal and remember you have to put everything including sauces, drinks etc as that can soon add up! Good luck :) x

Reactions: 2
Can completely relate to this! I lost loads of weight on SW but honestly have the worst ever relationship with food it’s horrific I think off foods that aren’t green as ‘bad and I’ve ruined it so I’ll binge’ since calorie counting using my fitness pal I log everything that passes my lips started in January I’ve lost almost 2 stone and the lightest I’ve ever been I really really recommend it I’ve also eaten doughnuts almost everyday a take away at the weekend I no longer view food negatively! Good luck xxxx

• Heart
Don’t bother with SW or WW. Yes some people have great success with them but that’s what lures people in, it doesn’t teach you healthy sustainable habits.

It would be helpful to calculate your TDEE and find out what sort of calories you need to be aiming for. It may be worth tracking everything on myfitnesspal (everything including mouthfuls of stuff, and the odd crisp etc, seems exhaustive but that’s where calories can sneak in!)

Focus on increasing your protein intake, this is the main thing that is going to stop you feeling hungry and “crashing”. Fruit is great but it’s actually not as good as you think when trying to lose weight, I know when I gained weight eating “clean” it was because I was substituting sweets and chocolate for fruit and nuts which tbh probably had the same amount of calories in it.

Personally I find weighing myself weekly helps me stay accountable, some people prefer to never weigh themselves but take their measurements or try on a pair of jeans for reference. There are also lots of apps that can help you break down your goal into weekly/monthly targets and it can be rewarding to see the numbers come down.

Join the weight loss thread I was there when it started + honestly joined thinking I’d start SW again but everyone mentioned calorie counting and TDEE calculator and honestly could not believe the results and since the first day that thread started in December to now I have lost almost 2 stone! such a lovely friendly group xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I vowed to lose weight this year and I’ve deffo not lost any :( stress causes me to eat and the years been bloody stressful. Can’t motivate myself and have no idea where to start 😞 lost over 2 stone nearly 4 years ago with slimming world but put it all back on but luckily just the 2 stone and no more so it could be worse. I’m a crap cook, live off take away and ready meals and just don’t know where to begin. My food relationship is so bad

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Definitely calorie counting. If you do it right, you will definitely see results! Like @about.a.girl I used My Fitness Pal and remember you have to put everything including sauces, drinks etc as that can soon add up! Good luck :) x
Totally! I couldn’t believe the calories I consumed without even thinking about it ...

I’d also tried all the WW and SW diets and nothing ever worked or stuck. With calorie counting you can really eat what you like, but within your limit. It’s difficult but do-able and you are not restricting anything you would really like to have x

• Heart
I vowed to lose weight this year and I’ve deffo not lost any :( stress causes me to eat and the years been bloody stressful. Can’t motivate myself and have no idea where to start 😞 lost over 2 stone nearly 4 years ago with slimming world but put it all back on but luckily just the 2 stone and no more so it could be worse. I’m a crap cook, live off take away and ready meals and just don’t know where to begin. My food relationship is so bad
join us on the weight loss thread such a friendly group!! SW ect teach terrible eating habits to the point people fall of track
And binge trust me I’ve been there multiple times it’s awful and it makes me
Instantly give up (I can’t do it, I’m fat, I’m useless) said it all before. I logged my info on the TDEE downloaded my fitness pal and haven’t looked back can’t believe the amount of calories I was consuming before! I’ve still eaten everything I want nothing is off limits today I had a greegs doughnuts + sausage roll
+ roast all within my calories! Nearly 2 stone down since January you can do it you will do it and you are soooo worth it! 🤍🤍🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 7
please dont be hard on yourself. It took me 7 years to find the motivation! And it was a packet of biscuits in the end! Come and join us on the weight loss thread, there is so much support there.

Try the Nutracheck app, it really helps keep me accountable and tracks calories easily. SW gave me a very bad relationship with food in the long term and j don’t think it’s sustainable. Would feel terrible if I ate bread and cereal on the same day and such pressure to have 1/3 speed, made me obsessed! Try calorie counting and upping your exercise even if it’s 30 minutes walking a day.

• Heart
join us on the weight loss thread such a friendly group!! SW ect teach terrible eating habits to the point people fall of track
And binge trust me I’ve been there multiple times it’s awful and it makes me
Instantly give up (I can’t do it, I’m fat, I’m useless) said it all before. I logged my info on the TDEE downloaded my fitness pal and haven’t looked back can’t believe the amount of calories I was consuming before! I’ve still eaten everything I want nothing is off limits today I had a greegs doughnuts + sausage roll
+ roast all within my calories! Nearly 2 stone down since January you can do it you will do it and you are soooo worth it! 🤍🤍🤍
Well done, that’s an amazing loss!!

• Heart
One thing to mention about the calorie counting apps (MFP is bad for this in particular) that they will often put you on 1200 calories a day. Unless you are particularly petite this is really low and I would strongly recommend checking your TDEE and adjusting MFP manually if you need to.

One thing to mention about the calorie counting apps (MFP is bad for this in particular) that they will often put you on 1200 calories a day. Unless you are particularly petite this is really low and I would strongly recommend checking your TDEE and adjusting MFP manually if you need to.
Completely agree with this, everyone with be different as per sex/weight/height/age... I changed mine to what I was advised by TDEE.