Euthanasia

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

That's the most tragic story I have read in ages :( Let people in pain who aren't going to get better and feel a burden have the option to die FFS!!!! We've a shortage of medical staff and carers and yet they have to spend their time tending to people who don't want to be here when they could spend more time with those that can be around for a long time to come. The ridiculous rules of the pandemic stopped them going to Switzerland but it's mad you can't do it in the UK. Pets that can't be helped are put to sleep. Animals are treated better than humans.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

That's the most tragic story I have read in ages :( Let people in pain who aren't going to get better and feel a burden have the option to die FFS!!!! We've a shortage of medical staff and carers and yet they have to spend their time tending to people who don't want to be here when they could spend more time with those that can be around for a long time to come. The ridiculous rules of the pandemic stopped them going to Switzerland but it's mad you can't do it in the UK. Pets that can't be helped are put to sleep. Animals are treated better than humans.
How sad, to go through all that and then a trial of murder. I know it is the law but there needs to be some lenience in such circumstances. What would putting him in prison do exactly.

Humans have ever right to a dignified death, especially for the terminally ill who wish to end it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It's a disgrace that it ever went through the courts. How is it in the public interest to put him on trial? He was never going to kill or attempt to kill anyone else

Reactions: 3
It's a disgrace that it ever went through the courts. How is it in the public interest to put him on trial? He was never going to kill or attempt to kill anyone else
No but until there is a proper process for euthanasia, there still needs to be a robust trial process to stop any old husband offing their wife and claiming she asked him to do it.

Reactions: 2
No but until there is a proper process for euthanasia, there still needs to be a robust trial process to stop any old husband offing their wife and claiming she asked him to do it.
But surely the police investigation would have established the motive. Many crimes don't go to trial as it isn't in the public interest to pursue them

Reactions: 1
I fully believe in euthanasia in principle, but sadly I don't trust those people who run health services or governments to not use it for purposes other then what is right for the people.

I myself have my own plan of action to take if I was diagnosed with something that I would not want to live with. Sadly like many you have to do it sooner rather than later in case you become incapable

I fully believe in euthanasia in principle, but sadly I don't trust those people who run health services or governments to not use it for purposes other then what is right for the people.

I myself have my own plan of action to take if I was diagnosed with something that I would not want to live with. Sadly like many you have to do it sooner rather than later in case you become incapable
I was in the barber's shop a few years ago, and in the chair next to me was a solicitor, he was telling us all, how he carried a vial of poison around his neck, and he showed us a small gold talisman, in which he hid his vial.

As someone who is always thinking about becoming incapable, this idea had crossed my mind.

Anyhow I asked him what he would do if he had a stroke and he didn't have the dexterity to open it.

He said, he hadn't thought of that possibility.

The thing is, we don't want to do something and end up even worse off.

Three years on from making the thread and I think we are getting closer to it. Starmer is mentioning a vote if he gets in to power and I believe the nation would vote in favour of letting people die on their own terms when they feel a burden and that they lack dignity and are in constant pain.

But that's why it should be legalised and done by professionals, not random people in their homes
Everyone I've met who is a doctor supports assisted dying as they're aware how bad things can get towards the end, imagine spending your last months (or worse) in agony with no chance of recovery? It's crazy that we treat our pets with more mercy than our friends and relatives

on the news today an update about jersey

they have come up with points now for discussion and I think the plan is to vote in may