Eurovision Song Contest 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had a great singer last year in Sam but he's the only decent artist we've entered this century.
Yeah I don’t know why they haven’t replicated that. Or why we don’t do an X factor styie competition to find acts who can sing.
---
I like Moldova every single year, it must be my taste in music!

I hope we get some decent points, it'd be a shame to go from near the top to back at the bottom in one year. I like her song I think it's catchy but I'd like either Finland or Australia to win.
Moldova are great at Eurovision. They get the balance between silliness and catchy just right

Reactions: 6
Not a huge Eurovision fan but last year chatting on here made the show that much better to watch, looking forward to tonight's show and chat!

Reactions: 7
well clearly you do ... if she held the opposite views you'd feel the opposite way!
Actually you couldn’t be more wrong - I just think there’s a time and a place and this isn’t it. Anyhow - enjoy the contest and may the best song win! 😁

Reactions: 1
Yeah I don’t know why they haven’t replicated that. Or why we don’t do an X factor styie competition to find acts who can sing.
---

Moldova are great at Eurovision. They get the balance between silliness and catchy just right
Trouble is, Sam was a unicorn. Up and coming serious talent with a huge social media following and really happy to do Eurovision. Mae is most of that but not as talented, I think she'll do OK (better than we have in years if you remove Sam) and hopefully we'll continue to use the management company approach if they're not going to give us the national finals back.

I don't think the BBC have ever forgiven the public for Scooch (who I bloody loved). ;)

P.S. Evening @trouble-loves-me 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ah but those national finals were just as bad - anyone remember a pregnant katie price having a go? 😂 they were also just one night so no one cared. The Nordic countries do their selection over several weeks so people are invested. Also it means acts have to think about the staging/costumes/dancing etc months in advance. Ours always feel really last minute in comparison.

I’m guessing Ireland are the same after seeing their leader singer’s jumpsuit?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hello!
Looking forward to our watch party here. I had so much fun last year, I sat crying on my sofa from laughing at some of your comments, it was a great evening!

Reactions: 6
The German pre-program is shite :ROFLMAO: switched off after a minute, some z-listers telling their family history. Meh I’m ready, I don’t want to wait another 35 minutes, the whole thing takes ages anyway and I’m not sure that I will watch until the end. I often go to bed before the voting and the have a surprise the next morning

Reactions: 2
Half an hour to go people! Go to the loo, get the drinks refilled i'm excited! Do us fellow Northerners proud Liverpool!

Reactions: 3
Is the Eurovision countdown show trying to torture me? Motsi Mabuse & H from Steps…

• Haha
I think Mae just isn't a good live singer and the cold is an excuse.
She wasn’t very good at the jury show. They’ve had to modify the high note she’s meant to do because she can’t hit it

one of the other artists also had a cold and you couldn’t tell at all

• Wow
You've got to hand it to the Beeb... Eurovision themed programming since 5.50pm.

Next year, the semis will be booted back to BBC3 and we'll get none of this ;)

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.