Endometriosis & Adenomyosis discussion thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As shocking and unacceptable as those waiting times are I’m glad it’s not just me experiencing them.

Thank you so much❤ Glad you’ve been able to go private. I hope your journey smooth going forwards.

I’ll research Benenden but very much doubt I’ll have the finances xx

So tit being a woman😅
Just to update you if you pay the £11.90 or something like that monthly fee. After 6 months you can be referred to them check it out. I mean waiting another 6 months is better than 2 years but have a look. So far they have been fab and I only joined last year. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m quite late posting to this but earlier in the year I was finally diagnosed with severe endo after I first posted in here asking if people thought I had it. It was definitely worth pushing for in the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m quite late posting to this but earlier in the year I was finally diagnosed with severe endo after I first posted in here asking if people thought I had it. It was definitely worth pushing for in the end.
I'm so glad to hear you were finally diagnosed ❤❤❤❤ makes you realise it wasn't all in your head, I cried with relief when I got my diagnosis because you do start doubting yourself.

• Heart
I'm so glad to hear you were finally diagnosed ❤❤❤❤ makes you realise it wasn't all in your head, I cried with relief when I got my diagnosis because you do start doubting yourself.
thank You so much! I did the exact same thing, I’d been told it was nothing for so long or I just have IBS xxxx

Hope you’re getting good medical care @Elisha97 x
Thank you! The care is crappy but at least I have a diagnosis now x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi everyone, had horrendously debilitating periods since they started when I was 11 years old and now I’m 22 and although they aren’t as bad, the day before and day 1 are agony. I’ve been fighting for a diagnosis on and off but mainly in the last three years as I’ve gained weight randomly and been unable to lose it despite following a PT plan and a strict cal deficit, experienced gut/bowel issues and have also had chronic bloating that doesn’t go down. After battling for an answer for so long I’m mentally and physically drained but a few weeks ago I was told I have adenomyosis based on multiple ultrasounds I’ve had. The doctor wasn’t helpful, didn’t tell me anything about it just told me I had it and told me they’d refer me to the gynaecologist if I wanted. If I wanted?! I’m young but in a stable and long term relationship and this news broke me. I didn’t have much time to digest this news as a week later I was rung again to be told that I had PCOS without cysts (after begging for a blood test for it as I knew I had it). They told me my hormones were out of whack basically🥲🤣 I’m devastated as no one seems to be taking my fertility fears seriously and the doctor said that most people with PCOS can conceive with help… not even taking into consideration my other condition! All I’ve ever wanted is a child and I can’t find many success stories of people conceiving with two reproductive conditions. I’m unable to start trying for a baby for another few years, although I’m tempted to use ovulation sticks to see if I’m actually ovulating at all (the unknown is killing me!). My periods have always been regular until the last 6 months and now my cycles are extremely long - average 40/45 days. Got an appt sent through for the gynaecologist for January next year believe it or not so I guess no closer to any answers till then. Sorry for rambling I just don’t feel like people believe I have a right to be upset/fearful for the future and doctors couldn’t care less😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Hi everyone, had horrendously debilitating periods since they started when I was 11 years old and now I’m 22 and although they aren’t as bad, the day before and day 1 are agony. I’ve been fighting for a diagnosis on and off but mainly in the last three years as I’ve gained weight randomly and been unable to lose it despite following a PT plan and a strict cal deficit, experienced gut/bowel issues and have also had chronic bloating that doesn’t go down. After battling for an answer for so long I’m mentally and physically drained but a few weeks ago I was told I have adenomyosis based on multiple ultrasounds I’ve had. The doctor wasn’t helpful, didn’t tell me anything about it just told me I had it and told me they’d refer me to the gynaecologist if I wanted. If I wanted?! I’m young but in a stable and long term relationship and this news broke me. I didn’t have much time to digest this news as a week later I was rung again to be told that I had PCOS without cysts (after begging for a blood test for it as I knew I had it). They told me my hormones were out of whack basically🥲🤣 I’m devastated as no one seems to be taking my fertility fears seriously and the doctor said that most people with PCOS can conceive with help… not even taking into consideration my other condition! All I’ve ever wanted is a child and I can’t find many success stories of people conceiving with two reproductive conditions. I’m unable to start trying for a baby for another few years, although I’m tempted to use ovulation sticks to see if I’m actually ovulating at all (the unknown is killing me!). My periods have always been regular until the last 6 months and now my cycles are extremely long - average 40/45 days. Got an appt sent through for the gynaecologist for January next year believe it or not so I guess no closer to any answers till then. Sorry for rambling I just don’t feel like people believe I have a right to be upset/fearful for the future and doctors couldn’t care less😭
Hey 👋🏻
Firstly I just wanted to say I read your post last night, and it made me so sad. I can relate to a lot of your experience thus far, but I really feel for you at learning this a just 22 (I have ten years on you! 👵🏻)
I’ve only just been diagnosed, and that’s been hard enough, but I have my little girl, and I don’t want anymore. If I had learned at your age what I know now, it would be a huge blow. If it helps, though it took a little bit of time, I did manage to get pregnant. Though of course I now realise I was the reason it was taking so long! I don’t think it would hurt to get ovulation kits, if you really think it will put your mind at ease.
Do you currently take any contraceptives? Or have you come off any recently? I only ask as when I came off the pill, when trying for my daughter my cycles were completely up the shoot. Very, very long. It took them a while to settle down to a ‘normal’ length.
I completely understand how you feel about not being taken seriously. Stupid really, because from what I’ve learned this is a relatively common and complex condition. Health professionals really should be more hot on it.

• Heart
Hey 👋🏻
Firstly I just wanted to say I read your post last night, and it made me so sad. I can relate to a lot of your experience thus far, but I really feel for you at learning this a just 22 (I have ten years on you! 👵🏻)
I’ve only just been diagnosed, and that’s been hard enough, but I have my little girl, and I don’t want anymore. If I had learned at your age what I know now, it would be a huge blow. If it helps, though it took a little bit of time, I did manage to get pregnant. Though of course I now realise I was the reason it was taking so long! I don’t think it would hurt to get ovulation kits, if you really think it will put your mind at ease.
Do you currently take any contraceptives? Or have you come off any recently? I only ask as when I came off the pill, when trying for my daughter my cycles were completely up the shoot. Very, very long. It took them a while to settle down to a ‘normal’ length.
I completely understand how you feel about not being taken seriously. Stupid really, because from what I’ve learned this is a relatively common and complex condition. Health professionals really should be more hot on it.
Thank you for being so kind!☺ I’ve never been on any contraceptives as they don’t agree with me (took plan b once and it gave me a variety of side effects) and I just don’t like the idea of them! My cycles were always regular (28 days) but over the last 6 months they’ve become irregular and increased in length (40 days+)🥴 I’m trying to stay positive as I’d love children in the future so all I can do is hold out hope!🤞🏼 Agreed I really wish we’d be taken seriously by so-called ‘health professionals’! None of the doctors I’ve encountered seem bothered by the implications of giving me these two diagnoses. It’s like it doesn’t cross their minds of the impact this could have on someone so young which is a real shame🥲 it’s a lonely time!🥺 hope you’re well lovely🙂

Hey girlies, I need some advice. I’ve missed 2 periods now (I’m definitely not preggers unless I’m the next Virgin Mary), and as someone who has endometriosis, missing a period is just unheard of for me. I was going to speak to the GP but realistically is there any point? Let alone the gynaecology waiting lists but what could they do for me anyway? I have been under a lot of stress recently, that’s the only thing I can think it could be but I am getting worried that more is wrong x

Hey girlies, I need some advice. I’ve missed 2 periods now (I’m definitely not preggers unless I’m the next Virgin Mary), and as someone who has endometriosis, missing a period is just unheard of for me. I was going to speak to the GP but realistically is there any point? Let alone the gynaecology waiting lists but what could they do for me anyway? I have been under a lot of stress recently, that’s the only thing I can think it could be but I am getting worried that more is wrong x
I think the GP won’t do anything for you unless you’ve missed at least 3 periods anyway. It’s probably the stress, I had 2 missed periods when I was doing exams in college and soon as I finished the final exam my period came literally that day! Try doing some exercise if you don’t already or if you’re doing too much that can stress your body and affect your cycle too. Funny things our bodies but hope you’re fine and it’s not anything to worry about.

• Heart
@gossipgirlxxo definitely could be stress. Have you got and PCOS symptoms as that’s another possibility? Worth seeing your GP though if you’re worried.
@Its_Me thank you both. It’s very odd because I’ve had worst stresses before and never missed a period. I’ve been having periods for 17 years so it just seems strange for it to happen now. My last endo flare up was just as bad as the ones before my Laparoscopy surgery 2 years ago, so that isn’t helping my stress tbh!
& no I don’t have PCOS, just endo x

I just got back from yet another pelvic ultrasound and they found “mild” adenomyosis. My GYN seemed very relaxed and said the main treatment would be going on the pill (which I’m already on.) Anyone else have this? What are your main symptoms?

Me again! I'm really suffering with lower back pain, I'm guessing related to the adenomyosis as I still get pelvic pain too. It's like a constant burning ache. Does anyone have any tips or remedies they can share? I'm close to going back to the doctor but I know they'll probably fob me off. They've already tested my urine multiple times and no sign of infection.

• Sad
Heat and tens is all I can suggest for back pain I’m afraid. How far down is it? If it’s lower like tailbone then a high fibre diet can be helpful.

• Heart
Me again! I'm really suffering with lower back pain, I'm guessing related to the adenomyosis as I still get pelvic pain too. It's like a constant burning ache. Does anyone have any tips or remedies they can share? I'm close to going back to the doctor but I know they'll probably fob me off. They've already tested my urine multiple times and no sign of infection.
I agree with PP. Heat & also for me the best thing was actually getting into a scolding hot shower and sitting down with the showerhead aimed at my lower back. Sometimes I'd be in there for 45min get out and have to get back in for a bit but water and heat is what helped me more than anything

• Heart
might be worth trying these herbal pain patches....my daughter told me about them when she lived in China and suffered with really bad backache ....I've used them for back ache and painful hips and found they're really good ( just remember to rotate placement of them as they can cause some minor skin irritation)

might be worth trying these herbal pain patches....my daughter told me about them when she lived in China and suffered with really bad backache ....I've used them for back ache and painful hips and found they're really good ( just remember to rotate placement of them as they can cause some minor skin irritation)
Thanks so much ❤

Hi all,

I hope you don’t mind me jumping in on this thread - I’m looking for some thoughts from others with endo/adeno.

I’ve had bad periods (painful and heavy) for as long as I’ve had periods. They’re painful the whole way through but usually around day 4 they become unbearable and I pass out if I don’t take some extra strong pain. Over the past year or two I’ve also had bleeding in between periods - sometimes light, sometimes quite heavy.

I’ve been to my gp and they said it could be endo, so they sent me for an ultrasound and an internal scan which came back ok, so I was going to drop it but I’ve heard other people mention that endo is always picked up on scans so now I’m still wondering.

Essentially I’m wondering whether I should push for further tests given that I’ve had a clear scan - I’m worried that it’ll all turn out to be nothing and they’ll just tell me I’m being dramatic/really bad at dealing with pain and I’ll have wasted everyone’s time. Has anyone had experience of being diagnosed after a clear scan?