Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SnarkyTart

VIP Member
Oh God, I feel sick. I've been offline for a few hours and have come back to some real unpleasantness. I am so sorry to everyone that my comment earlier was the catalyst for what looks like some disgustingly insensitive remarks. I didn't mean for it to be so incendiary, and I swear it was asked with pure curiosity because it's something I've often wondered looking at EL. I'm just honestly so upset and apologetic that it was the jumping off point for comments regarding something that should never be joked about. The reason I love this forum, and particularly this thread, so much is because despite the snarky banter I've always thought there was a solid level of respect amongst us. Please accept my apology, fellow Tattlers, for bringing up a topic that led to something really ugly being said.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

SnarkyTart

VIP Member
The thing about Lizzo is that she is legitimately talented. Personally, I love that she is a plus size woman of colour who is basically giving everybody the middle finger by saying this is my body and I'll clothe it and display it on my terms. She is a beautiful, successful and talented woman in an industry that typically wants to hide all the things she is. Even though I snark on Emmy, it's never been because of her weight - I dislike that she co-opts body positivity to rip off her tribe. I think I'm too tired to articulate properly what I'm trying to say but basically EL can't hold a candle to Lizzo because she doesn't actually stand for anything. Lizzo pushes the barriers in order to deconstruct them; EL just pushes the barriers of good taste.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

SnarkyTart

VIP Member
There is too many of you to go back and reply individually to (without completely cooking my Fried-ay night brain 🤯) but I just want to say 💐 THANK YOU 💐 This community is far and away the kindest, most respectful and hands down funniest on the net, if I do say so myself lol

Thank you for putting up with my long winded posts, my silly pic edits, my personal life stories, but most especially my paranoid freak outs! I honestly wish I could meet you all in real life, what a cracking cheese and bickies and wine session that would be!

We have devoted entirely too much time now to this snarky old tart, so please just know that I farken love youse so much that I'd even share ma farken party bag of Cheezels with yas✌🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Good on ya @SnarkyTart you really are a gem shouting us a steak dinner make sure we all show up for the ride and die photo 😂😂😂
Look I’m sorry I have to skip it, Adairs has a farkin’ gawjus sale on sheets. Besides, I’m hanging for a bewwwdiful chicken wrap.

Is it that time already?

Emmylou MacCarthy #17 Batten Down the Flaps WA, the Hot Mess Express is Headed West

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

HumptyDumptyLou

It’s Friday night and has been a long week so I’m a bit in my feels, so pardon if this gets a bit rambly

Firstly I can somewhat understand ELL’s personality with seeing the dynamic with her family of origin. ELL has grown up as a “middle child” with a larger-than-average amount of siblings plus her baby sister is everything physically that ELL is not. SL is tall, slim and objectively attractive where ELL is short and a bit dumpy. Not that there’s anything wrong with that cos I am too. But I can see ELL crying for attention her whole life, or from the time that SL was born. She just wants the attention that she might not have gotten as a child due to the size her her family and her parents being busy working to support that family.

This doesn’t justify any of her behaviour or how she treats those around her … that’s all on her but I can see a bit of child-ELL.

** content warning for child sexual abuse and suicide **

I HATE it when kids are told to hug someone! Even if it’s their grandparent, no child should ever be told to or made to hug anyone ever.

As a kid I had an uncomfortable feeling every time I was around my paternal uncle. I didn’t like being left alone with him but couldn’t express it verbally and didn’t recognise the feeling either - this was back in the ‘70s when education with kids didn’t include things like body autonomy. My parents and siblings moved overseas when I was a preteen and I didn’t see him again. About 15 years after he died his daughter, who’s my age, got in touch and we became close. She eventually told me that her father had abused her right up until he took his own life.

Kids’ intuition and feelings are of primary importance and not the frigging iPhone camera.

thanks for reading and apologies for the long-winded comment.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Dalej7

Chatty Member
Oh God, I feel sick. I've been offline for a few hours and have come back to some real unpleasantness. I am so sorry to everyone that my comment earlier was the catalyst for what looks like some disgustingly insensitive remarks. I didn't mean for it to be so incendiary, and I swear it was asked with pure curiosity because it's something I've often wondered looking at EL. I'm just honestly so upset and apologetic that it was the jumping off point for comments regarding something that should never be joked about. The reason I love this forum, and particularly this thread, so much is because despite the snarky banter I've always thought there was a solid level of respect amongst us. Please accept my apology, fellow Tattlers, for bringing up a topic that led to something really ugly being said.
Snarky, absolutely no need for you to apologise.

I think you are linking two things that are NOT related.

This other acount has been getting more and more abrasive/mean on here with a lot of violent connotations.
Such as the punching/dropping on head etc. Bit stalkerish too (not calling them the stalker).

You make this thread so much fun and i feel sad that you feel otherwise right now! 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 40

ActiveLies

VIP Member
It’s always a person whose life seems to be genuinely impacted by EL that eventually slips up and gets a bit too abrasive and errs on the side of violence. It’s unpleasant to observe, and the completely random off-topic shit that gets posted with incessant detail of their own life make me feel like they’ve not got many other outlets for conversation in their life which always leaves me feeling a bit conflicted - interactions in forums like this might be a person’s only sense of community or connection, but I really do feel that when someone on Instagram is inspiring such hatred it’s time to step back.

Back on topic, EL’s stories from today feel so suffocating. You’re on a family holiday with a lot of people, multiple kids squished into close quarters, travelling on a mini bus from here to there… get the cameras out of everyone’s faces and JUST LET THEM BREATHE. Stop laughing like a hyena and try for some goddamn quiet time and just sit back and enjoy your kids and their cousins being with their grand parents. Why does this stuff need to be shared with strangers on line? It’s just all so needlessly chaotic.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Firstly I wanted to say, I cannot believe how far behind I am 🤯 the number of threads I just had to skip… you ladies move fast. Amazing.
I had to barge in & show this post I just saw from Queensland Health 😂 had a good giggle to myself after Emmypoo’s hospital escapades.
9E6F20FF-CBEB-483F-B0AB-4C27A973D8C9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Sponfused

VIP Member
Thread suggestion.. She’s taken the fam on vacay, our thoughts go to WA, Aaron’s already ran away.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

SnarkyTart

VIP Member
Am I alone in suspecting that the whole EL account is intentionally daggy / funny - that she's not really who she comes across as online ... she's playing a part?

Maybe the reason why she goes offline so long is because in real life she has to work out what "character Emmy" is going to do today ...

The house and mess is just all part of the show ... her true home is some gorgeous, palatial, home in Sorrento which she has her driver take her to in her Range Rover Evoque (the same one that dropped her off at the airport last week). That's where the dogs are most of the time, where they're being taken great care of by their own live-in doggy maid.

And we don't need to worry about the kids, because they're being paid megabucks for their appearances!

:unsure:
1001, you been dropping double doses with LouLou today?!

I love your optimism (you really are one of our kinder Tattlers 😘), but unfortunately she's just a feral cunt.

• Haha
Reactions: 33