Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PAINTJOB

Chatty Member
** Warning Long Read **

Hello! In response to the Outspoken post requesting info on Elou and why she is so divisive, I thought I would put a comment on here from a current follower (albeit one who is now fast seeing the light) and give you guys some honest insight into her appeal. Please don't flame me and my post isn't trying to tell anyone off or make anyone feel bad for snarking on Elou - I do it too so that would just make me a hypocrite. So some background: I too am a woman in my late 40's, plus size, lives in Melbourne (not far from Elou but I've never seen her in the wild), 3 children close in age but a bit older than Elou's kids now (similar age gaps though). I can't remember exactly when I started following her, maybe a few years ago but not knowing anything about her, I found her refreshing and the fact that she was plus size and had not terrible clothing (pre Zoe Moss) that I could fit into although I never bought any of her clothing line, it was a bit "out there" for me, I could relate to all of that, plus how hard it is having 3 young children, a husband etc etc. The first thing I bought was a $15 magazine which was pretty shit and when I received it I thought it was a bit of a waste of money, more like a big advertisement and although I have cooked some of her meals, her style of cooking is not really something I like and the meals aren't generally what we eat as a family and there were a lot of recipes inside the magazine, I still have it, but, rip-off.

So I found her relatable with her size, her kids, her lifestyle in a way - obviously not the extravagant outfits, tv and red carpet appearances etc but even her swearing made you feel like she was keeping it real (because surely we all swear a bit, haha) and I don't doubt she adores her children but 3 kids (1 or 2 kids too) are fucking hard work and when you are in the trenches and you don't have help with these kids it is very isolating and lonely so to recognise someone else who is doing it too, that's her relatability, that's how she has her community and that's how she has earned their trust in which to sell her wares (some with very questionable quality and high price tags) but when you are following her, you aren't seeing things like that and that she's out to rip you off, you genuinely want her product. I feel like Aaron leaving her (I can't call him Alove, how ridiculous) was probably very detrimental to her brand of happy family, stay at home Dad who is happy to do that while she spreads her wings and achieves her life long goals. That's how I found Tattle. I didn't know they'd split up and when she mentioned it in a post very sort of flippantly I had to re-watch and hear it again, did she say that Aaron left her??? I couldn't believe it and I googled Emmylou Loves Husband and up popped Tattle. That's when I started to see a different side and opinion to her and then I started to see it myself.

There were a few red flags prior to finding Tattle though. I found it really annoying and confusing why someone who walks around the city in bras and undies promoting body positivity and confidence is contagious would at the same time be giving out diet advice. Like ok, lose weight, but it's confusing for your plus size followers when you start spouting on about what you eat and how you lose weight, etc. Then after a 10kg weight loss or whatever it was, the diet advice stops, the cakes being baked and other non-diet friendly meals make an appearance and you can see she's putting weight back on but she never addresses it. Red flag number one.

I am ashamed to say and I do think of course I got ripped-off buying a $30 shit plastic face shield at the start of the pandemic. It was during the hysteria when we had to wear masks and it was before we were told the face shields weren't compliant. She saw an opportunity and she exploited it. After I bought mine and had it for a few days, one of my friends was selling them in her clothing boutique for about $10 so I felt like a right twat shelling out $30 for a piece of plastic shit that we were eventually told were insufficient and we had to wear masks anyway. I bought one of her aprons (actually good quality and nice), a wooden recipe book holder (very expensive but actually good quality), then when she bought out Zoe Moss I bought a couple of pairs of joggers that have been good, in one instance I really should have sized down, hahaha, so they're not that comfortable because they stretched and now they're really baggy and unflattering. I bought a dress and washed it once and it shrunk so much I couldn't wear it again. I paid about $80 for it too. There was no where that I could provide feedback to that with all the Zoe Moss comments being moderated. After that I decided I would never buy anything again. Fast fashion, shit quality and expensive then it just shrinks in the wash and goes in landfill (or to charity) because you can't wear it anymore.

Then came the gunt removal. She told us it was medical issue, painful, healing the separation caused by 3 pregnancies and she kept up that narrative until her surgeon released a video of that surgery (I could not watch that, hideous and why would you want that out there in the world for gods sake), oh actually that's what we call a tummy tuck, yes I had a tummy tuck. Well you are a fucking liar!!! And then this latest weight loss escapade. I'd seen this before. "I had a tummy tuck that I won't tell you all that's what I had done, and look how healthy I eat and listen to all my diet advice", then BAM - diet advice stops, cakes are being baked, etc etc etc deja vu - I have seen this before!!!!!

Thank god I was aware I didn't fork out for those face fryer things!!! A few years ago I probably would have and that was also around the time I found Tattle. I can also see the appeal of the Bali trip. Being middle aged and a Mum, it's hard to take trips with your girlfriends. It's hard to co-ordinate everyone at the same time with husbands, kids, work etc. My eldest is 14 and I have only ever gone locally for a night or two away from my kids. I was a stay at home Mum for 13 of those years too and my Husband had an interstate golf trip with the boys every year and has even had a couple of overseas trips without me or the kids - lucky for some. I wouldn't be the only one in a situation like this so for Elou to offer a trip that you are not alone and you get to go overseas and leave kids and hubby at home, you might even make some new friends and you get to meet your hero Elou!!! Mind you I don't think many could afford it and I would rather go with one friend or alone or with my family if I was spending that much. I am interested to hear about how that trip all pans out. I also know quite a few Mum's who have gone on these influencer retreats before and have loved them. Elou's is very overpriced however.

I used to comment on her stories all the time and she was actually genuine in her replies (sometimes if I wondered if it was really her or not, like, how can she reply to each individual comment?), you'd get a little thrill if she liked your comment or personally replied. I have still made the odd comment here and there but she doesn't always reply now and if she does she is quite curt and straight to the point. I was paranoid that she somehow knew I was a (hate) follower and also a Tattler, hahaha - could she tell? I also think she may have some sort of hormonal or mental health issues the way she is up and down and high and low but I wouldn't want to diagnose anyone with anything.

Sorry this is so long, I just felt inspired by the Outspoken post especially when some people commented that they loved her, I can understand it but now that I have seen the light and am awake to her ways. Also she's different to other influencers who have perfect curated pictures, kids, clothes, house etc. She's actually relatable with her figure, kids that annoy her (hehe), messy house, unbrushed hair etc etc etc. Anyway, I could go on for ages but I'll see myself out now. Well done if you read this far....hahaha

Oooh yes please, and if that crazy chick (can't remember her name) from the Aussie Influencers thread Candice Barber could do some "distance reiki" too that would be fabulous! I might need some Doterra oils too ... if only I knew of someone who sold them ... 🤭

View attachment 1393944
This chick is fucking feral, I cannot deal with her at all

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 85

SnarkyTart

VIP Member
At least I’m not driving past her house, warehouse or stalking the market as other members on here trying to catch her in the wild.

Say what you want about me. Some members on here are trying to catch her in the wild and trying to get their next Emmylou hit.
Gurrrrrl, you've changed usernames more times than Emmy has changed her sheets. No one is actually going out of their way looking for her - some people live in her vicinity and happen upon the locations she frequents in the course of their day. You seem a little triggered - pop on a Garnier face mask and some easy listening music and chillax✌🏽
20220710_211729.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

aggietrunch

Good morning Tattle!

SPOTTED IN THE WILD Our gurl is back in Port. Solo driving. Drove past myself.

Countdown must be on now.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 55

SnarkyTart

VIP Member
I guess you guys are desperate for Emmylou content you are scrolling back years of content on her social media platforms and rewatching her tv show to get your Emmylou content/hit/fix. Been 10 days since your last hit for fresh content and you are going stir crazy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

ActiveLies

VIP Member
Oh mate, I'm the same, I am so over her lies and her manipulations. And I agree with you 100% about the fact that just because other influencers/ public figures don't disclose their mental health histories doesn't mean they aren't suffering.

I'm going to be very honest right now, and I'm fully aware of how ugly this is going to sound: I have serious reservations about her alleged suicide attempt. I won't overly expand upon it, and maybe it's a terrible reflection upon my cynical nature, but everything I know of this woman leads me to believe that this could very possibly have been a stunt.

Bracing for the fallout of this comment 🙆‍♀️
I have reservations as well. Maybe not about her feeling the way she felt, but about how the whole event played out. From the unfortunately close vantage point I’ve had on attempts at one’s life there’s mandatory inpatient stays afterwards, intense therapy, usually combined with medication to attempt to right the course after such a genuinely tragic event. In my experience survivors are either deeply ashamed - mostly for the pain they caused others - and choose to keep it mostly private, OR see such improvement from whatever treatment options they choose that they become vocal advocates for mental health interventions and treatment. She does neither and appears only to reference her situation when there’s something to gain from it. That doesn’t sit well for me. If the depths of her depression really took her to such a place, and that decision had been made by her, why does she not now - from a much better headspace - speak up about things? In the lead up to the election why wasn’t she championing the party committed to including mental health services under Medicare? If you’d survived cancer and had a platform to promote cancer treatment and support, I’m fairly sure you’d use it; her near silence on mental health has me very dubious about the story she tells of her own struggles.

(Apologies to anyone for whom this post is triggering, brings up uncomfortable thoughts of feelings for. Please know there are so many avenues for help and support and even though this is a random forum for snarking on awful influencers, there’s not a single one of you I wouldn’t answer a plea for help from 💖)

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Congratulations to @liar liar flaps on fire for the winning title! I had to change it ever so slightly to make it fit (hope you don't mind).

As your prize, you get to choose a maximum of three items from the left-hand side of the warehouse:

1656900598980.png

And just like that, we're on thread #30! Which is a marvel, because our girl is sulking and has not giving us any content of late.

Previous thread:

Who wants to do a recap?

Just a couple of highlights to get us going:
  • @screenfreelookatme welcomed a Tattle baby! 👶 Give her a couple of years and we'll get her signed up to post!
  • We laughed - oh, we most certainly did - at the atrocities Emmylou was flogging to her community ... daggy old dresses that she clearly paid far too much for and is totes expecting others to do the same! Unfortunately the warehouse is still full of unsold stuff.
  • A lovely lady passed away from cancer and unfortunately Emmylou made her passing all about her.
  • Leah is off to Greece! We're wondering if Emmylou stowed away in her luggage and that's why she's so quiet.
  • We don't think the Bali "experience" is proving very popular ... she's gone all quiet on that. We discovered other influencer "experiences" to Bali being plugged, and they sound much better!
  • On Monday afternoon we got our wish - Outspoken the Podcast are going to do a segment on our girl and are asking for tips!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

Johnnygirl

VIP Member
A friendly reminder to those who have felt compassion this past week for El.Pity party MIA, rinse and repeat.She does not deserve an ounce of concern.This bish has no limits to her narcissism.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Drama Filled Llama

Chatty Member
There’s one comment saying Tattle ‘hate on her children.’ From the time I’ve been here, which I admit isn’t very long, I’ve never seen any horrible comments re the kids. All the ones I’ve seen say the same as I feel; They are gorgeous, well mannered kids who just want attention from their mumma. I have a soft spot for Sage. He seems like a sweetheart and he often sounds sad when he’s filming her and she makes him answer questions.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42