Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’ve been a long time lurker of this thread as someone who knows Emma from growing up in the same area. I didn’t know her well but your observations all seem very accurate. Hope you don’t mind me sharing my two cents.

In The Times it says: “Sheldon started out as a lifestyle blogger in 2012, sharing tips and recommendations about everything from books to beaches. She joined Instagram in 2015 and now has nearly 120,000 followers”

That’s not true. Firstly she didn’t join Instagram in 2015… she followed me on that same account in 2011 but one day unfollowed me (presumably because I served no purpose to her/ she wanted to improve her following to follower ratio!) yet I still follow her, and it’s 100% the same account although maybe she’s deleted pre-2015 photos. Saying she joined Instagram in 2015 makes it seem like her account took off at a faster rate than it did.

When she first followed me, I didn’t know who she was but could see she was from a school in my area and she supposedly knew people that I knew. After she added my entire friendship circle it became obvious she was trying to suck up to onto all the “popular” cliques in the area. At this point she had about 1000 followers and came across as desperate and it seems as though her strategy hasn’t changed a lot as she does this tactic with other influencers now.

She seemed to have a lot of boy and friendship drama too, in hindsight seemed a bit insecure with a victim mentality. She hated girls who liked the boys she liked. Very paranoid.

I also remember when she started her blog back when it was called adayinthelifeofems and I was gobsmacked to see her win the Cosmo newcomer award because all that blog was, was her googling photos of clothes in a certain colour and pasting them to the post like a mood board. It was dire.

I think when it comes to Emma there’s so much ignorance, and I truly think she’s in such an echo chamber that she’s completely deluded about why people have a problem with the way she conducts herself on Instagram, the harm she may cause young girls, why her engagement is low etc. She’s clearly been coddled for a long time and has a weird codependent relationship with her family who enable the way she is.

It’s sad because I don’t think she’s a bad person but has gone down a certain path and has very few people around her who can pull her out of this downward spiral. The things she has put out in the press this week and the way she’s presented herself have made me cringe and I think surely her family or Matt must see this too, but she’s perhaps too fragile to handle it, and so the vicious cycle continues.

I honestly think she seems quite unhappy and lost, I really don’t wish any negativity towards her and I hope she turns her career around. I just wish she would take a break from all this, try and read some self improvement books, be able listen to people sincerely giving her constructive advice, treat it like most employees would treat a performance review, and try to be better.

Sorry for the long post. I’ve debated sending this for a long time because I don’t want to be cruel to her, but in a way I’m hoping she does read this and see that she’s at the epicentre of all her problems but there are steps she can take to improve things for herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Just having a nose

Chatty Member
By team she means her mum!! Hiya Mumma Shel, congrats on raising an insufferable greedy brat!!

By the way Em/Mumma Shel, I am not a middle aged woman, I’m actually younger than Em with two little girls who I want to protect from selfish, greedy self absorbed people like you.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

ach0902

Chatty Member
She's posted it on her story - hi Em 👋🏼
I still don't believe her. This could easily be a reply to her emailing first, not out of the blue contact. If they did contact her, why did she tweet "I have booked in"
Yep that is 100% a reply, the little grey arrow does not appear on emails that are sent to you first only replies, idiot! She should have scribbled out that one!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

Opinionsaremyown

Just checked the Facebook comments and ems left the comment below. Not one comment I can find on that Facebook post is abuse. No one has mentioned her looks or said anything personal. Ems problem is she is so thin skinned she can’t deal with criticism.
96A45BCA-554D-4301-B1A6-A4BD423076FF.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
E48C0CB0-9ABF-4617-8187-C37BA24FD07A.png

Maybe I’m overreacting, but it is absolutely horrifying to me to that she would post this. She seems to fetishise wealth (as evidenced by the examples of her pretending to live/spend time in wealthier areas elsewhere in this thread). The idea of a ‘£3 billion street’ in London - a city in which 28% of households live in poverty - doesn’t make me think 🥺🥰, it makes me feel nauseous. I don’t think she’s ever claimed a political allegiance, but I think this makes it pretty clear which way her views skew and frankly is morally indefensible.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Heyyou

Chatty Member
If there’s an influencer that purely takes ootd pics in front of a mirror, or a food account etc I can understand why they may find it unsettling when people look how much they have paid for their house on right move because they aren’t selling us their home lifestyle, just meals in London restaurants for example. However, Em is a saleswoman for renovations and home ware.. with its own dedicated account to her flat. So while she can’t believe people want to know what she’s paid, I can’t believe that she thinks she can happily earn money from people selling a lifestyle but get angry when they want to know if they can afford this lifestyle 🤦🏼‍♀️

Baring in mind this is the same girl who takes photos of private residential houses in ‘rich’ parts of London and then, by her own admission, searches the address on rightmove to find out how much it was bought for.

• Wow
Reactions: 27

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
I'm just fascinated by how someone with zero redeeming features has created a career on instagram.

Tiny bit of tea ... I set up a trip for her a few years back - luxury accommodation, really nice restaurants - and for one of the bookings she just didn't show up. No email, no call - just nothing. When I followed up, she claimed to be unwell, but then her socials came out and she'd headed to a spa instead. Suuuuuuuper rude too!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 27

Lechat

VIP Member
That’s what’s pissed me off most about the committee. It wasn’t really looking at influencer culture or the potential harms. Instead it indulged a pity party from Em Sheldon who clearly had an axe to grind about this forum.
maybe the MPs should have asked about the effect of:

1. Influencers photoshopping images
  2. promoting diet and nutrition advice they are not qualified for
  3. not disclosing ads
  4. use of fillers and plastic surgery (especially when given for free) and the impact on young peoples body image
  5. promotion of financial advice or crypto without having financial advice qualifications
  6. continually pushing ads to promote unrealistic levels of consumerism
  7. environmental impact of constantly buying and returning items just for content
  8. ethics and morally of using children on social media platforms

and that’s just what I would ask for starters!

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Influenza_life

Chatty Member
So having read all the comments it seems this has backfired spectacularly on the orange over privileged entitled cunt. Her woe is me, have sympathy for me whilst I’m gifted for free every single item, holiday and dinner in my life somehow doesn’t garner sympathy in those who really are working 20 hour days, have been furloughed, are on minimum wage, living pay check to pay check. Talk about tone deaf….

Also does she think a few people calling out her bullshit on a forum she doesn’t ever have to visit is in anyway comparable to the racist abuse the England footballers who missed the penalties have faced. Going in front of a Select Committee to whine about a few hurty words on the internet a day after the vile abuse they faced just shows what a thin skinned, whiny pathetic moron she is.
Nobody gives a fuck about you cretin, why don’t you go back to flogging beef jerky strips and leave making society a better place to those who aren’t self-centred brats.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

mrtumble

VIP Member
Never heard of her before but I'm here after reading about her in the news.

I have said this about other influencers, but while it's not very nice to read mean things about yourself:

1) there is no job in the world that does not come with any negative feedback. In my job I sometimes have to get anonymous feedback, and some of it is negative, occasionally uncalled for, and it upsets me. Unfortunately that is life. You can't go through life with all sunshine and rainbows and everyone telling you how wonderful you are.

2) You cannot stop people saying anything they want about you. You just can't. Unless it's is defamatory or abusive. 'A bit mean', whilst upsetting, is not illegal. And you can't, using any legal method, separate the 'mean' stuff from the perfectly justified criticism. It just isn't possible. You are going to get both. If people were not allowed to write it here, they'd write it, for example, in the Facebook comments of a BBC article, or the daily mail comments, or to each other in WhatsApp. You cannot police or regulate people's free speech, they are perfectly entitled to express their opinion about you wherever they like.

No, it's not very nice, I'm sure it can be very upsetting. But you have to decide whether this is for you or not. Plenty of people in my job decide they don't want to put themselves forward for more promotions because they don't want all the negative feedback that comes with the process.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

youtubetony11.

I think she’s desperate to be famous too. Honestly, is she proud to be in the paper claiming all women hate her and people are going to commit suicide? That’s your proud moment. Not based off your content or professional achievements, but based off some far fetched claims that make nice media sound bites but have no basis in reality.
The reason she got shit is because this country has had a hard 18 months and people are a bit sick of being told influencers have it so hard because they couldn’t travel or someone said their renovation was a waste of money.

This was posted on the Lydia thread and it’s bang on

She referred to herself as ‘a celebrity’ in the discussion with the MP’s and I have never experienced so much second hand embarrassment before!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Just having a nose

Chatty Member
Em Sheldon is the least hardworking person on this planet. Saying she is hardworking is insulting to those of us that actually get up in the morning and complete a proper hard days work. She stores cookies on peoples phones with her hidden affiliate links which is the only way that she makes money. She begs for free stuff from brands to save putting her hand in her own pocket. She has violated GDPR regulations by doxxing someone from an online forum to their employer. She stashes an obscene amount of free food in her cupboards and then brags about how much money she has, showing little to no compassion of starving children or charities. She buys her followers which is reflected in her abysmal views/engagement rates. Nothing she will ever say will convince me otherwise, I will never, ever believe that she is anywhere close to hardworking or authentic. Anyone who would like to defend her, including her can come on and challenge me if they wish. Have a look at the threads, once your eyes are opened you will see this girl for what she truly is. Greedy and selfish.

• Heart

gossipgirldemi

VIP Member
She's posted it on her story - hi Em 👋🏼
I still don't believe her. This could easily be a reply to her emailing first, not out of the blue contact. If they did contact her, why did she tweet "I have booked in"
It’s 100% a reply to her asking 1. To loan the car for a test drive and 2. Her asking if they do any partnerships.

She’s just twisted it to look like they contacted her out of the blue

Can’t believe she has nibbled THIS hard hahhha 😂😂

Why don’t YOU go out and enjoy the sunshine instead of reading your tattle page constantly…

ALSO what happened to be supposed hot air balloon ride she tweeted about? She tweeted asking loads of questions and “where do they land and how do I get home” - someone replied like why ddidnt you ask / didn’t they tell you when you booked? But clearly it’s an Ad Pr FREE TRIP! So Shelly couldn’t ask

Last edited:
  • Heart

Instawho?

I'm so so frustrated by what has gone on today. I found tattle off the back of clemmie and her racism when it was mentioned on Instagram, I stayed as a parent who's teens were no longer buying into the crap and as a parent the non disclosure infuriates me.
- although I assume unintentional, em appeals to the mid to late teens with her cheap, skimpy fast fashion, Mcdonalds meals, cheap Itialian chain meals, and her fake tan
This arguably is one of the most vulnerable age ranges for children and young people using social media.
- promotion of both disordered eating and exercise in equal measures are putting insane pressures on young girls. Her calorie intake vs exercise is portraying a very concerning and unrealistic norm.
- she stepped away fully from DL when they no longer paid her during lockdown and didn't mention any of their online content showing just how in it for the money she is. Followers of her blaze content may well have appreciated to know they had options, this showed a distinct lack of authenticity.
- she promotes at least 10 swipe up links to cheap, fast fashion every.single.day which most people cannot keep up with, again leading to pressure to spend to her vulnerable audience, which from her stats and interactions she should be well aware of her target audience and demographic.
- she fails to mention that her peleton code gives her a kick back ( I found out it is a very generous kickback at that) a super simple example of her not disclosing according to the rules.
-She couldn't share the full email chain for her Tesla car loan as it wasn't as described

- using adpr on absolutely everything provides no ccontext to hthe watcher as to which aspects of the content have either ad or pr associated to them leading to a lack of clarity, which is unprofessional.

She claimed her house was an a specific part of London which didn't seem to ring true to local members hence her house being looked up and discussed and her lack of honest about her home was what made others question aspects such as price and layout.

I'mm sure there are some crazy whack jobs out there , indeed some of her comments are odd to say the least but she engages with them nonetheless and I have no doubt she probably does get some very unpleasant comments by dm but I would doubt very much they cake from here. It is all too easy to focus on a site like this rather than deal with the genuine issues .

I really do hope she reads this and understands it's not about bitterness and hate, it's about honesty and ttransparency.

• Heart

bookworm_1

Her stories the other day on her home account;

Apparently the person who came to give her a massage said her flat house was amazing and the design was incredible. Em was like omg thank you so much, but you must see some amazing houses and the masseuse was like no, trust me your house is up there with them. And it's sooo big as well, like wow!. Em was like omg thank you hahaha this makes me so happy, and then the masseuse was like i can tell you've designed this house yourself and appreciate all the gold detailing.

I mean... does she think her viewers are morons? The second hand embarrassment i feel at her lying in this manner LOL. what a wanker

• Haha
I find everything about her very… stressful. I don’t really know how else to explain it! The way she organises her house, the sheer orangeness and inconsistency of her Instagram feed, the lies on Twitter, the frizzy hair, how hectic all her reels are (with the facial expressions and her hair flying into her face and never standing still long enough to actually show anything properly), it just makes me uncomfortable. Is that weird?!

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Lechat

VIP Member
previous thread re cap!

Well, well, well here we are on thread nine about one of the most grabby, freeloading and self obsessed shiller!

Tall tales continue from the lumpy filled lips of Em sheldon who goes under the various of guises of emshelx, maple doodle diaries, Arlo London, roe menswear and emshelhome.

We start the recap with the Tesla lies. Shel boy claims Tesla emailed her out of the blue to test a car. This is tesla that famously don’t work with influencers, yet they managed to scour the big world wide web and pluck out amateur shiller em sheldon with 116k followers and an engagement rate of 1%. Smug faced Shel claims she has the receipts to prove they emailed her, well go on hun post them on stories and let’s have a look! It just seems high improbable that of all the influencers they could choose to work with they chose her! The fantasies continue….

Lets discuss the infamous chicken skin tights. Even the first few posts prove she’s strangely wedded to wearing thick beige tights on even the hottest days 🤣 these chicken skin tights seem to appear in every outfit she wears these days including floaty dresses for walking her mothers dog which result in the dog ripping the tights…which she then wore with a different outfit. Boak 🤢

Freeloading Shel seems to be on a mission to rinse every london restaurant and hotel for free visits. I mean the logic of offering a free hotel stay to someone that lives in central London already is beyond me but stupid brands continue to bother to give her free shit Despite the fact she has no engagement. This woman has the whole of London as her disposal to explore but she just eats where she can get a free meal or Uber eats takeaways to her door. And if she does want to go out, its always to Bicester village because that’s the only vlogs that she can get views on.

Emshelhome reno continues, with more fuck ups including a fake story where Shel Boy pretends her super custom sofa that’s coming all the way from YoRkShIRe won’t fit through the door at emshel home despite her claiming to measure up first. So now Shel Boy needs a sofa, are you listening snug sofa?! because shel boy would love a free one….

the gignormous pod is being built which I’m sure her neighbours love. Looks like a wood clad portacabin to me so far just so she can give professional lodger Maffy an office and film herself on her pelOton whilst watching herself 😂

let’s just remember that the swipe up links clearly work for this grifter as she managed to buy a flat (was formally a three bed and is now a 1 bed thanks to her reno) for 777k in a good part of london and pay for all this building work and pod on top. So just dont ever swipe up and let her have a penny!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23