Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thecatlass

VIP Member
Can we have a minute of silence for the fact Mr Fisherman has been invited to Hawaii already? I mean, he won't beat the record when Ricket got invited to Hawaii and deemed 'a family member' after approximately five Skype dates, but it's just becoming so predictable that she drags every guy she's with to Hawaii. Maybe in her next relationship she could consider spending first holiday as a couple somewhere else than Spermbrows' 1980s pad ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

MissDeverauxDarling

I think that is the point for most of her issues. Technically, this and technically that she isn't doing anything wrong. But she is fun to talk about.
Exactly. The issue is that every little technicality and half-truth adds up to one big scam. It's all about intent, and we have multiple examples of how Elle has exaggerated things to make money, get views, and sell things. These weren't honest mistakes, they were intentionally created by Elle to sow misinformation.

Elle knew full well that while she technically met the requirements of that Daily Hive post -- she was in Seattle, she is a small business, and she probably does get her stuff from small family-run factories in Nepal -- it was not appropriate. She had been in Seattle a month and had no roots in the community. Her items are sourced from overseas and take weeks to get to her. I'm positive the Daily Hive wanted to promote long-standing Seattle businesses that worked with other local, Pacific Northwest businesses. Not some random girl selling jewelry and scarves out of her suitcase.

Same with the "lawyer" thing. Yes, Elle was a lawyer and had met the legal regulatory requirements to call herself one. But we all knew she did not have the standard lawyer job, and she did nothing to clear that up. She actually did everything she could to perpetuate her high-powered female lawyer persona. That lead to subscribers, ad revenue, and affiliate link commissions, so she kept that scam going for years.

• Heart

ccc123000

Chatty Member
I think that was her date out on the little canoe. 😂 IDK, guys; looks like Rick to me. That's why he's selling his home. 🤪

• Haha
  • Wow

LetThemEatLipstick

Did anyone see her "sneak peek" in her instagram stories?

It's literally what looks like a silver (or white gold?) snake or herringbone chain in the sand. Not really setting the jewelry design world on fire, lol. But I've always said she should sell fine jewelry to her sycopha--I mean, fans. She'd be able to mark up more and make more money.

View attachment 711032
🤢 it looks like a defecated tapeworm.

• Haha

MissDeverauxDarling

Elle is at best being vague and at worst lying about being selective with sponsorships. When she lived with Rick in Florida - which was only four months - she did sponsored videos from Express, ThredUp, JCPenney, Brooklinen, a random tea company, and Sally Hansen. So this notion that she has the highest standards for choosing sponsorships is just silly, because JCPenney and used clothing do not at all fit her brand or aesthetic. It would seem she is driven by the paycheque, apparently.

• Heart

Drasticactions

VIP Member
The more you peel back the facade, the less "girlboss" Elle becomes. Fake, phony, and fleeing her past.
THIS! Elle is fake and phony. I'm not going on much other than she can"t be making much money right now, and her many comments about chicken thighs/making coffee at home. I think Elle must scrimp and save so she can buy expensive stuff that the rest of the world can see. She wants people to think she has money but she doesn't. Hence not buying coffee to afford her luxury shit, she can't show off a fancy coffee (or she thinks people won't be jealous of her fancy coffee). And like yes if you are in debt a fancy coffee isn't necessary but for Elle I think she might be more like Rick than we realized. She only shows what she eats when it could be "brag worthy" either bc it is at a restaurant or something she's cooked and is proud of. She could be eating McDonald's the rest of the time for all we know.

She lives for all this external validation. She doesn't post many videos anymore, hasn't put out a collection in like a year, and isn't licensed in the state of WA so she can't be doing much if any work at the law work share place. So without any income what can she film? Since she doesnt have the money to show off the expensive shit she wants she won't post bc God forbid anyone think she's struggling. Shes in this weird catch 22 I think and that's why she's not posting

MUALover

Chatty Member
I'll bet $1 that the winner of the bag will be herself. No way will she be given a $2000 bag to someone else. That's why she got the bag in 2 different colors. Or one of the winners will be her mom.

• Haha

MissDeverauxDarling

Her home is so visually busy and overwhelming - there is no cohesion or uniform style/theme. Like who pairs a cream boucle chair with a wicker side table with a heavy carved wooden dining table? Those things do not pair well! She turned that cute little townhome into a full-on hoarder paradise with a dash of Granny styling.

She also devoted 1/3 of the video to talking about her pearls, necklaces, and earrings. I've said it before but... get a real job and stop this desperate charade to fund your lipgloss and handbag fund.

Reactions: 16

MissDeverauxDarling

I remember Elle mentioning in an IG comment thread that she and her mom were fully vaxxed before she visited G in Hawaii
Elle lied. She travelled to Hawaii in March, and Washington state was only vaccinating frontline workers, healthcare workers, and immunocompromised people who were at high risk at that time. She also likely lied about her mother, too. Only seniors 70+ were eligible for the vaccine in March 2020 in Hawaii. There's no way they were both double vaccinated!

I think travelling during the third wave in March definitely speaks to a lack of judgement and disregard for official guidance. The majority of people were staying at home and avoiding travel, even though they missed their family. But Elle just had to get to the outlet mall to spend her mother's money.

Her behaviour during the pandemic -- travelling, trying to scam Seattle citizens, dating -- were gross. She is truly disgusting.

• Wow
  • Heart

MissDeverauxDarling

Consumerism, thy name is Elle. Swipe to see all the photos.

The fact that these photos are from after a purge? Shocking. Rough counting suggests 80 sweaters in her cashmere collection... considering Elle's favourite brands, let's say they each cost $200 CDN ($160 USD). That is a minimum of $16,000 CDN or $12,8000 USD on cashmere. Good grief.

• Sick
  • Wow

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Is creeping on her dating profile crossing some sort of line? I guess there's nothing else to talk about because her youtube channel is essentially dead.
Is it "creeping" if someone comes across it though and chooses to share it? It's basically public info since online dating profiles are literally shared with thousands of strangers you don't know each day. It's like saying you have a Linkedin or public Instagram and complaining if people find it and laugh at you for lying about your education (fake "Oxford" for example) on there or you showing your knickers front and center in some unfortunate photo?

Reminds me of Elle complaining about "internet stalkers" but then you realize people found out about her role as a fraud investigator by typing her name into Google search on the first page and called her out for pretending to be a lawyer. That's not stalking...it's common sense.

• Heart

Lovely

Chatty Member
She really does face an uphill battle. At this point any man who can afford her lifestyle is going to have other (better) options.
If she had any sense, she'd have kept her shopping addiction quiet until she'd locked down Chris or Joe (preferably Chris since he's properly rich) and then it would have been harder for them to ditch her. I'm not saying that would have been an ethical thing to do, but we're talking about Elle here so that doesn't really matter.

Now she's either going to have to find a rich old dude who's on wife/nurse number three or a rich super conservative dude who wants a stay at home wife/mother. All while living in some of the most liberal and expensive cities in north America! She should have just stayed in the swamp after it all went tits up with Rick and moved to wherever the Trumpy people are down there.

• Haha
Her estranged father is French, and if you know Elle, you’ll know that’s a very important distinction.😅
Is he French or French-speaking Swiss? (Or a Frenchman living in Switzerland?)

When I first started watching her, I thought maybe she was Russian/Eastern European because of her garish "classy but trashy" style.

• Haha

bethannebodyworks

How sad that she has to open a website for a thesis she did ten years ago to try and direct Google traffic away from her name.

Drasticactions

VIP Member
Is it "creeping" if someone comes across it though and chooses to share it? It's basically public info since online dating profiles are literally shared with thousands of strangers you don't know each day. It's like saying you have a Linkedin or public Instagram and complaining if people find it and laugh at you for lying about your education (fake "Oxford" for example) on there or you showing your knickers front and center in some unfortunate photo?

Reminds me of Elle complaining about "internet stalkers" but then you realize people found out about her role as a fraud investigator by typing her name into Google search on the first page and called her out for pretending to be a lawyer. That's not stalking...it's common sense.
I think Elle is one of those people who either doesn't realize that a lot of people (people I know in real life too) are curious and will Google and check house sale records etc esp about people they've met but who seem full of bullshit. Or if what they say seems too grand based on what you know about them.

Either she doesn't realize that it isn't unusual for people to just do a search on public records. Or s he just assumes everyone is gullible and should believe exactly what she says even if her lies down match up. And since people are calling her out on her bullshit it is either "creepy stalkers" or "lying gossip". It never occurs to her to just be truthful.

Mind you even if you tell the truth people won't always believe you. But If you are secure in yourself and you know what you are saying/doing is truthful you cant let idiot people stop you from living your life.

I think Elle is so upset about stalkers and haters bc she knows what she's selling is not entirely truthful. If she's actually deluded and believes she's in this fantasy world she spins then I hope she gets some professional help.

• Heart

LetThemEatLipstick

View attachment 696118
can anyone else see how the leg is twisting on those “high quality” jeans?? 😂 Dumb-dumb probably thinks that makes them more special 😂
I know nothing about fashion; it’s completely lost on me. I wear Lululemon leggings and over-sized T-shirts most days, now that I’m WFH permanently. So I have no opinion on this outfit.
My mom, however, follows fashion trends somewhat closely (emphasis on “somewhat”) and I asked her about this photo. She said she wouldn’t dress like this because the jeans are too tight, which is both outdated and unflattering, and the lady in the picture looks like a retiree at country club brunch who wants to look like she’s an off-duty corporate executive but probably just spends her day at the Nordstrom Cafe (eerily accurate). Hahaha my Asian 59-yo mom who is a grandmother to two grandbabies, thinks Elle dresses too matronly and is pretending to look like a career woman 😂😂😂 I’m dying.

• Haha
  • Heart