Eleanor Neale #2 The Case of the Exploitative True Crime YouTuber

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title courtesy of @RJF

Recap: Eleanor got a whole new look with major weight loss (seemingly down to surgery) and less makeup. She received backlash over her video about Bianca Devins and grudgingly changed the title to remove the term "e-girl." Then she vanished from the internet, leaving her teen fans to speculate about where she was, only to return two months later promising she'll talk all about it on her side channel ... maybe. Until then we've got new videos, including a factually inaccurate recap of John Wayne Gacy's murders (conveniently covered in a recent Netflix documentary) and the sensitively titled "Daddy's Deadly House Fire Plot"

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know what her discount code is for Casetify? I cba to trawl through all her videos.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I was watching Eleanor’s video on Joy Morgan today and as I was scrolling through the comments, I saw members of her family saying how poorly researched her video is. This is badddd

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I was watching Eleanor’s video on Joy Morgan today and as I was scrolling through the comments, I saw members of her family saying how poorly researched her video is. This is badddd
I had just watching the video and have turned it off now, thanks for sharing this on here. Wanted to see if Eleanor had improved her video content since the hiatus but it's sad to see how it's declined even further.

How absolutely bleeping horrible for the family to see and it's very sad they have to come on and correct things themselves. Hope she does the right thing sooner rather than later and takes it down.

Reactions: 5
I’m watching the Sophie Lancaster case and I’ve watched a lot of content from this case as I had to study it and this is the first video I’ve ever see that has more focus on the perpetrators rather than focusing on Sophie. It’s bizzare and quite sad considering all the campaign work that’s been done in her name.

She also claims it’s not ‘technically’ considered a hate crime and that it’s only considered a hate crime in some places in the UK but she’s wrong. Sophie’s mother campaigned to make the distinction that attacks against subcultures WAS a hate crime she was successful. Plus the UK isn’t America, counties can’t decide what part of the law or what laws they can follow. I don’t know why she was so insistent on that. It felt like it was minimising the behaviour.

Reactions: 17
I’m watching the Sophie Lancaster case and I’ve watched a lot of content from this case as I had to study it and this is the first video I’ve ever see that has more focus on the perpetrators rather than focusing on Sophie. It’s bizzare and quite sad considering all the campaign work that’s been done in her name.

She also claims it’s not ‘technically’ considered a hate crime and that it’s only considered a hate crime in some places in the UK but she’s wrong. Sophie’s mother campaigned to make the distinction that attacks against subcultures WAS a hate crime she was successful. Plus the UK isn’t America, counties can’t decide what part of the law or what laws they can follow. I don’t know why she was so insistent on that. It felt like it was minimising the behaviour.
This case is particularly close to my heart so I’ll be giving this one a miss. How awful to be getting facts like that wrong though, especially soon after SophieMs mum passed away which pushed this case back into the public eyes, which is probably what prompted her to cover it too.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11

I hate to be the one to defend her, but she says in the video about the family campaigning. At the time of Sophie's murder it was not considered a hate crime but now (thanks to the Lancasters) it is

Reactions: 3
Can she put the victims name in the bleeping title. Im so sick of this "murdered for being..." and "e-girl murder" its just disrespectful

Reactions: 25
Can she put the victims name in the bleeping title. Im so sick of this "murdered for being..." and "e-girl murder" its just disrespectful
She knows that would be the more respectful thing to do because when she was criticised for the title "The House Party Murder" (a tragic case involving domestic violence, the victim happened to be at a friend's house when she was killed) she changed it to "The Tragic Murder of Ciara Grimes" or something. So why doesn't she do this with all her videos? We know why: clickbait

Reactions: 6
She knows that would be the more respectful thing to do because when she was criticised for the title "The House Party Murder" (a tragic case involving domestic violence, the victim happened to be at a friend's house when she was killed) she changed it to "The Tragic Murder of Ciara Grimes" or something. So why doesn't she do this with all her videos? We know why: clickbait
Exactly! Especially as she always brims with joy at the start of her vids while talking about how wonderful the victims were and acts as if she personally was on a friendly basis with them. It’s odd that she shows that much affection in her video but reduces them to a catchy title to bring in the views.

Reactions: 8
I just tried to watch one of her newer videos and the way she acts and talks about the cases is so disrespectful. assuming how the killer/victim/family felt and making these weird dramatisations about certain details. she never used to try and have quirky energy like that?? her old videos despite still being badly researched seemed to have more of a respectful tone.

Reactions: 7
Now that Dahmer is out how long before Eleanor does a video on him?
Guarantee in the next week or two while it’s still being hyped up.

slightly off topic from the thread but it has to be the most well done series/movie about a murder I’ve ever seen it’s so genuinely creepy and uncomfortable to watch, it doesn’t glorify or romanticise him or his crimes at all, I always binge watch limited series but I had to take so many breaks while watching it

• Heart
Reactions: 10

slightly off topic from the thread but it has to be the most well done series/movie about a murder I’ve ever seen it’s so genuinely creepy and uncomfortable to watch, it doesn’t glorify or romanticise him or his crimes at all, I always binge watch limited series but I had to take so many breaks while watching it
I agree actually, I feel like the focus on the neighbours, families and even his own parents was quite good at solidifying how much of an awful person he was. I really don’t think this does glamorise him. I know most of the episode with Tony is made up but that episode was so sad in particular. And the family of the 14 year old boy and his brother were heartbreaking too.

I’m loving it also! It doesn’t romanticise him at all, (which was the major problem with the Ted Bundy film, no one could see past his looks and it certainly didn’t help having Zac Efron play him!) but Evan peters is gorgeous and an amazing actor. Dahmer was just disgusting inside and out. It’s definitely one of them series you can’t binge on.

Agree with you all, Eleanor is probably filming her video and getting her sponsorship as we speak.

I'd like to watch the series because the reviews are good but apparently the families of victims weren't consulted properly and some felt quite upset about it. Saw a tweet where a guy was very upset about the portrayal of their aunt who testified during the trial and another about inaccuracies in the show.

Hope Eleanor doesn't cover it. I remember saying in the past that she refuses to cover certain cases (Madeline Mccann, Junko Furuta, etc) and this is a good one for the list.

I'd like to watch the series because the reviews are good but apparently the families of victims weren't consulted properly and some felt quite upset about it. Saw a tweet where a guy was very upset about the portrayal of their aunt who testified during the trial and another about inaccuracies in the show.

Hope Eleanor doesn't cover it. I remember saying in the past that she refuses to cover certain cases (Madeline Mccann, Junko Furuta, etc) and this is a good one for the list.
Eleanor's done Junko Furuta - in a very graphic video for which her content warnings were inadequate. The other one she said she wasn't going to cover was Elliot Rodger/the Isla Vista Shootings because YouTube delists channels that post about school shootings (even though it wasn't a school shooting, and other true crime YouTubers have made video about it.) She probably doesn't want to cover Madeline McCann in case the parents try to sue her, but little chance of that with Dahmer, I'll be surprised if she can resist the urge to cash in

Eleanor's done Junko Furuta - in a very graphic video for which her content warnings were inadequate. The other one she said she wasn't going to cover was Elliot Rodger/the Isla Vista Shootings because YouTube delists channels that post about school shootings (even though it wasn't a school shooting, and other true crime YouTubers have made video about it.) She probably doesn't want to cover Madeline McCann in case the parents try to sue her, but little chance of that with Dahmer, I'll be surprised if she can resist the urge to cash in
Has she? I remember an old video where she said that she would never cover it so that's really disappointing but sadly not surprising.

I keep seeing people on tiktok talk about the ethics of true crime and one of top comments on these videos always seems to be about how people love Eleanor as she is 'so much more respectful' than people like Bailey and Stephanie. The bar is so low.

Reactions: 5
Has she? I remember an old video where she said that she would never cover it so that's really disappointing but sadly not surprising.

I keep seeing people on tiktok talk about the ethics of true crime and one of top comments on these videos always seems to be about how people love Eleanor as she is 'so much more respectful' than people like Bailey and Stephanie. The bar is so low.
Yeah, she made it a while ago, it's just titled "The Junko Furuta Case"

Reactions: 1