Ectopic pregnancy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So!
I just want to know if anyone has ever had an ectopic pregnancy and what symptoms you had and when you found out?
Ive just been to the doctors and they suspect I am having/have(?) an ectopic at the moment.
I’ve had emergency bloods done that have been sent to the hospital and I have to ring tomorrow lunch time for the results.
My doctor did want to send me straight there but the EPU refused to see me 😐😖
My surgery also doesn't stock pregnancy tests?! What?! I’ve recently changed to this GP and this was my direct visit so I’m all a bit confused with their procedures.
Can anyone help?

Hi! So I can't really comment on your doctor part as mine was discovered when they sent me to EPU because of bleeding. They got me in almost right away.
The only other symptom I had was some pain in my abdomen and occasionally my neck.

My surgery never did a pregnancy test though. I'd already done one myself at home weeks before

It was the EPU who turned me away and wouldn’t let the doctor send me 😖
I have every pregnancy symptom and my boobs, wow 🤩😂😂😂 Never had boobs like this before!

I’m not getting abdominal pain, it’s in my uterus and feels like something is pushing down on it constantly! My back pain has been increasing as the day has gone on too ☹
So confused and just wish the EPU would of let me go tonight 🥺

It was the EPU who turned me away and wouldn’t let the doctor send me 😖
I have every pregnancy symptom and my boobs, wow 🤩😂😂😂 Never had boobs like this before!

I’m not getting abdominal pain, it’s in my uterus and feels like something is pushing down on it constantly! My back pain has been increasing as the day has gone on too ☹
So confused and just wish the EPU would of let me go tonight 🥺
Have you taken a test yourself?

I don't understand why the EPU refused you? 🤔
Sometimes pressure and back pain is normal but pressure is also one of the symptoms of eptopic.
If eptopic is a concern, they normally get you in straight away

It was actually 111 who sent me there.
Maybe ring them and tell them your doctor thought it may be eptopic and your back pain is getting worse. They may actually refer you and EPU may then take you

But then if you haven't taken a test, EPU won't take you until it's certain you're pregnant

Reactions: 1
Yep taken a lot of tests and they are all negative but my mum and sister had the same issue and it took a blood test to confirm 😐

My friend has told me to just turn up but the other half of me just keeping thinking wait. By this time tomorrow I will know 😖
And I keep thinking are the pains getting worse because I’ve been reading about it and it’s all in my head 🙈
Scared for the results though as we’ve been trying a year and this is not the end to the year we wanted 😶

Yep taken a lot of tests and they are all negative but my mum and sister had the same issue and it took a blood test to confirm 😐

My friend has told me to just turn up but the other half of me just keeping thinking wait. By this time tomorrow I will know 😖
And I keep thinking are the pains getting worse because I’ve been reading about it and it’s all in my head 🙈
Scared for the results though as we’ve been trying a year and this is not the end to the year we wanted 😶
Also, I don’t know why they refused me either! She sounded bloody miserable on the phone! She said something along the lines of “well if she is only 2-3 weeks then a test won’t show anyway so do a bloody test” in a really horrible tone. My doctor didn’t actually mention to her that my last period was beginning of October (normal for me I have pcos). I thought as soon as PCOS was mentioned they would of wanted me in 🤔

I’ve had 2 ruptured ectopic pregnancy’s one which resulted in a blood transfusion,I had really bad lower adominal pain,and an occasional pain in my shoulder blade if that’s makes sense

I’ve had 2 ruptured ectopic pregnancy’s one which resulted in a blood transfusion,I had really bad lower adominal pain,and an occasional pain in my shoulder blade if that’s makes sense
I would just go and get checked out both of mine have resulted in removal of both my Fallopian tubes 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 3

Also, I don’t know why they refused me either! She sounded bloody miserable on the phone! She said something along the lines of “well if she is only 2-3 weeks then a test won’t show anyway so do a bloody test” in a really horrible tone. My doctor didn’t actually mention to her that my last period was beginning of October (normal for me I have pcos). I thought as soon as PCOS was mentioned they would of wanted me in 🤔
They will take you if the blood tests confirm you are pregnant.
A test won't show until 3 and a half weeks roughly so yeah no surprise they're negative.

I don't think they will take you even if you do just show up as on paper, you're not pregnant and it's an early pregnancy unit unfortunately

I would just go and get checked out both of mine have resulted in removal of both my Fallopian tubes 😢
I'm so sorry! 😔 I was so lucky with mine! I'd read so many stories and I was so paranoid with the pains that I practically begged the 111 lady to refer me

• Sad
I had one almost 11 years ago. I had bleeding constantly but it was browny red not bright red. I had awful pain in my side and it would go down my thigh. I got completely ignored by EPU they thought I was making it up and sent me home. I went to a&e the night I think my tube ruptured and they left me. I ended up demanding a scan where I discovered my tube had ruptured and I had very bad internal bleeding. If I hadn’t insisted they scan me I wouldn’t be here now. Please don’t let them fob you off.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
It took my tube rupturing at work for anyone to take me seriously. I fainted in A&E and they took me in to have an operation to remove the Fallopian tube. The symptoms I had were sharp pain in my shoulder tips, stomach cramps and light bleeding on and off for weeks. Hope this helps. If they suspect an ectopic pregnancy they will likely do an interval examination to see if the pregnancy is in the correct place.

• Sad
Thanks everyone.
so sorry about all the horrible stories that is heartbreaking 🥺🥺
I’ve had no bleeding, only spotting 2 weeks ago. My back feels like pms back pain but my uterus pain is something I’ve never had before. It goes into my hip on the right side also which is why he is thinking ectopic.

This is the reason I don’t want to go to hospital as all tests (excluding bloods today) have been negative so I think they would just send me home.
I had a suspected one a few years ago, thankfully it wasn’t, so I know what to expect if I do have to go in tomorrow.
Again, thank you all.
I will keep you posted and sending lots of love to you all xx

Thanks everyone.
I’ve had no bleeding, only spotting 2 weeks ago. My back feels like pms back pain but my uterus pain is something I’ve never had before. It goes into my hip on the right side also which is why he is thinking ectopic.

This is the reason I don’t want to go to hospital as all tests (excluding bloods today) have been negative so I think they would just send me home.
I had a suspected one a few years ago, thankfully it wasn’t, so I know what to expect if I do have to go in tomorrow.
Again, thank you all.
Good luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks everyone.

Again, thank you all.
What is making you think you are pregnant (albeit ectopic) if the pregnancy tests are negative? An ectopic pregnancy does release hcg as the egg has implanted (although in the wrong place) and does start to release enough hcg to turn a pregnancy test positive, with ectopic you tend to have slow rising hcg, but hcg is released, home pregnant tests tend to be really sensitive these days too, have you tried one of the early results ones which you can use before period due? If you don’t get even a hint of a line of one of them I’d be inclined to say no egg has implanted anywhere

Good luck

What is making you think you are pregnant (albeit ectopic) if the pregnancy tests are negative? An ectopic pregnancy does release hcg as the egg has implanted (although in the wrong place) and does start to release enough hcg to turn a pregnancy test positive, with ectopic you tend to have slow rising hcg, but hcg is released, home pregnant tests tend to be really sensitive these days too, have you tried one of the early results ones which you can use before period due? If you don’t get even a hint of a line of one of them I’d be inclined to say no egg has implanted anywhere

Good luck
@KfBr said that they're only 2-3weeks pregnant so I'd think it's too early to show as 2 weeks pregnant is actually implantation 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don't know when it is symptoms for ectopic start to show. Mine didn't until a few weeks later

@KfBr said that they're only 2-3weeks pregnant so I'd think it's too early to show as 2 weeks pregnant is actually implantation 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don't know when it is symptoms for ectopic start to show. Mine didn't until a few weeks later
Yeah I don’t think symptoms of ectopic start to show until the egg is actually growing in the tube causing pain and bleeding which typically tends to be a few weeks after implantation, sounds like the doctor has jumped the gun a bit really the symptoms could just be normal early pregnancy symptoms but unlikely to be if pregnancy tests negative - there’s no pregnancy hormone there to cause the symptoms, or a cyst or something.

I have ovarian cysts on my left side which give me excruciating passing out levels of pain from time to time. I know you’ve mentioned PCOS have you ever had similar pain because of it, albeit maybe not as severe.

I have ovarian cysts on my left side which give me excruciating passing out levels of pain from time to time. I know you’ve mentioned PCOS have you ever had similar pain because of it, albeit maybe not as severe.
That's a good point. I personally don't have PCOS but my best friend does and I know she has a lot of pain in her sides sometimes!

Good luck
I literally have every pregnancy symptom.
swollen and sensitive boobs, headaches, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, the list goes on.
My doctor didn’t want to guess how far gone I would be due to my irregular periods and ovulation. This is why he wanted to send me to EPU to get more answers.

I’ve never had pain (it’s not really pain, more aching and discomfort) like this before. Period pains I Usually get a few days before in my stomach and back. I have a tilted womb aswell as everything else 😅 that’s why I suffer with my back sometimes.The only way I can describe it is growing pains? Pulling and tugging on my right side uterus and some times it radiates into my hip

swollen and sensitive boobs, headaches, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, the list goes on.
My doctor didn’t want to guess how far gone I would be due to my irregular periods and ovulation. This is why he wanted to send me to EPU to get more answers. Also, my mum and sister both had negative home tests (no matter how far along) and both had to have bloods to confirm pregnancy’s

I’ve never had pain (it’s not really pain, more aching and discomfort) like this before. Period pains I Usually get a few days before in my stomach and back. I have a tilted womb aswell as everything else 😅 that’s why I suffer with my back sometimes.The only way I can describe it is growing pains? Pulling and tugging on my right side uterus and some times it radiates into my hip

My doctor didn’t want to guess how far gone I would be due to my irregular periods and ovulation. This is why he wanted to send me to EPU to get more answers.

Well hopefully you get some answers very soon then!