Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fishnips

VIP Member
Greg: "if you buy the one that costs less, you'll spend less"
Couples on EWFL: "amazing. Incredible. We switched to Tesco's cornflakes and now we've built an extension"

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Fishnips

VIP Member
I appreciate I'm sad but I get a proper kick out of it when the people are adamant they've changed their usual brand for a home brand and they haven't.

I recall this happening to a dad with his coffee once and he was like "you DEFINITELY changed my coffee" and Greg's like "no we didn't it's your usual" and I swear you could see the man's willy turn inside out. 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Pop!91

VIP Member
What I don’t get is that if the families took on all the swaps, they’d have to go to 5 supermarkets to get their weekly shop done! :ROFLMAO:

surely that defeats the object!

Reactions: 20

nym3ria

Chatty Member
I don't even watch this for inspo i just like being nosy at how much people spend 😂 😂

Reactions: 16
The shop at the beginning always makes me laugh. “Jack and Jill don’t know that Greg and the hot guy are watching them do their weekly shop”. So do they always have a camera crew follow them around Tesco? Have they never seen the show before?

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Nosey Moo

Chatty Member
I’d be kicking off if someone took my Magnums out the freezer and thrown them away. Does she know how expensive they are nowadays? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Glaschelle

VIP Member
Her moaning about her husband's cooking 🤨🤨🤨

Saying it only takes 5 min to do peas - well do it yourself, you lazy mare 😤😤😤

That's the thing that drives me crazy - my mum, who wasn't much of a cook and now doesnt cook at all, complaining about my cooking!!!

And my pet hate - she complains that I haven't heated the plate!!! When I was ill last week, she handed me a gammon sandwich - no plate - just handed me the sandwich!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Love this programme! I'm always shocked by the amount of people who regularly eat a ready meal as their evening meal? Maybe I'm just a fat pig but those ready meals always seem like a small portion to me and never fill me up. Most of the time they taste like crap as well!

Those people who will only buy branded make me laugh too - most of the time the shops own brand stuff tastes no different to the brand (or better in some cases!).

Reactions: 11

Taetae95

Last week's was mad to me too, £300 a week!! I died when they taped off the husband as off limits because he did all the cooking!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
What I don’t get is that if the families took on all the swaps, they’d have to go to 5 supermarkets to get their weekly shop done! :ROFLMAO:

surely that defeats the object!
This is what pisses me off most about the show.

That, and that conveniently all the families seem to shop at Tesco because they are always shopping in Tesco at the beginning.

Reactions: 8

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
That woman refusing to take a packed lunch because it's an extra thing to take, and would rather spend £7 PER DAY on a shop bought lunch. 😡😡😡😡

• Wow
Reactions: 7

nym3ria

Chatty Member
the thing that gets me about this show - HOW TO PEOPLE HAVE SO MUCH MONEY TO SPEND 300 QUID A WEEK ON FOOD

Reactions: 7

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Only just caught up with the last episode.
Wow what an episode!

seems the youngest one is the only one with a brain in that family, and the mum!? 🤦🏽‍♀️ Where do I even start.

did anyone find this episode in bad taste? I love when they help families who need it (like the mum
With the disabled son) but this family weren’t struggling at all and at a time and week when free school meals was a headline this episode seemed weird to me.
Quite a lot of the episodes seem in bad taste, a lot of over privileged families who are just too lazy to cook or shop properly. Too much money if they can even spend £15k a year on food in the first place sort of thing.

Reactions: 6

Pinkii

VIP Member
I love this program! Can’t the believe the amount of money some people spend on brand names.

i always said to my husband if I went on this, i’d know if they changed my tea, and he tried to do it to me 3 times and each time I knew it wasn’t my Tea 😌

Reactions: 6

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
The family seemed to have more money than sense, the mum especially.
What a tit not wanting to take lunch to work because it's an extra thing to carry. Why not buy a better bag which will hold your lunch AND your laptop.
She needs to swallow her pride and do what the rest of us do and take a lunch into work with you ffs.
She just seemed like a spoilt over grown princess if I'm honest.
Tonights episode really pissed me off so much.

Reactions: 5

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
It’s fun to watch, but I agree it’s common sense stuff. I’m always shocked at how much some families spend in a week!

Reactions: 5

Pinkii

VIP Member
Only just caught up with the last episode.
Wow what an episode!

seems the youngest one is the only one with a brain in that family, and the mum!? 🤦🏽‍♀️ Where do I even start.

did anyone find this episode in bad taste? I love when they help families who need it (like the mum
With the disabled son) but this family weren’t struggling at all and at a time and week when free school meals was a headline this episode seemed weird to me.

Reactions: 4