Eamon and Bec

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The link between soya and cancer has been dispelled I think? Also their diet is pretty healthy, loads of veg, green tea etc so if anything this would be in Becs favour not against her.

Reactions: 4
I saw that huge bump on her forehead in one of the recent videos and wondered why it wasn't addressed. I'm still a bit confused as to what she's having done. Is she currently being treated with chemo or anything? The last video said she's doing really well and liver mets almost disappeared but is that from just the reduced estrogen? I feel like I missed something.
And I used to watch their channel off and on but stopped shortly after the cancer diagnosis, don't know why, it just wasn't for me.

Reactions: 2
The link between soya and cancer has been dispelled I think? Also their diet is pretty healthy, loads of veg, green tea etc so if anything this would be in Becs favour not against her.
exactly came here to say Japan where they practically live on soy has and has always had one of the lowest rates of breast cancer

Just a reminder that her cancer was invasive ductal carcinoma, estrogen positive. It was believed to be stage 0 at first but then became stage 3 due to bad surgery margins. There was cancer all over the margins. All investigated lymph nodes were negative for cancer. Bec chose to have a lumpectomy. The doctor told her that as her cancer was not caused by a known gene, it did not warrant a mastectomy and the risk of recurrence was similar with lumpectomy and mastectomy. She received chemo and radiation. She had a couple of clear scans and then got pregnant. She started to experience shoulder pain whilst deep into the pregnancy and a couple of months later is diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic breast cancer with tumours in the bones and liver. The baby is delivered 6 weeks early to reduce the estrogen in Bec's body which was causing tumours to grow rapidly.

I had a read on eamon and bec reddit last night. The thread is called "Let's be careful to not spread misinformation". The first poster brings up some research and a questionable conclusion but the responders come with counter-arguments and a wealth of information.

There is information I did not know or consider.

I now believe that this only positive energies and sunny and silly positive attitude and not thinking of bad things (risks) may have gotten them to where they are now. Not blaming them, just considering the facts.

1) Bec refused the standard estrogen blocking treatment which is essential to take for years after her type of cancer. This treatment prevents recurrence. It would have put her into menopause and she didn't want that. She wanted to have kids naturally.

2) When the radiologist told her sternly that this is not the time to be pregnant, I mistakenly thought that she meant that it would be bad for the baby if her mum's cancer returned (it was just a year post cancer so high risk of recurrence) as she would not be able to care for her. Silly me. The radiologist meant that it's very risky to be pregnant and have elevated estrogen (the thing causing her cancer in the first place) so soon after having cancer.

3) I remembered that Bec said that she didn't want a mastectomy to lose her breasts and then have implants. I assume implants would go against her natural vegan ideologies. She also said she didn't want to lose her femininity which is fair. Also, the doctor told them that the risk of recurrence with just a lumpectomy was just over 10% and with mastectomy just bellow 10%. He seems to have told them that there was not a big difference in the outcome but let Bec choose which she wanted.

So overall, I believe that Bec took some fatal risks to satisfy her need to have a baby naturally. I wonder if she planned to go on estrogen blockers right after having the baby? Maybe she thought she will risk it, have her lovely daughter, and then adhere to the treatment.

The rest of us can learn from this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Thanks for your update. I just wonder why she wasn't being monitored more in her pregnancy. She said she had (back pain, I think) and it was put down to normal pregnancy symptoms.

I just hope she's able to get the treatment to give herself enough time with her daughter. The fact it has spread to multiple places doesn't sound good at all. And when Eamon said there was no one else he wanted to mother his child, I couldn't help but think they know the outcome isn't good.

Reactions: 3
It sounds a lot like Samantha Lynn. She did the hormone treatment but came off of it because she hated how she felt (and I think she desperately wanted to have a baby, as well.)

Now that she's back on hormone treatment, she doesn't have the same horrible symptoms, she says. And she says she doesn't regret her decision because of her little girl.

It's just such a nightmare to deal with this disease when you're so young.

• Heart
Thanks for your update. I just wonder why she wasn't being monitored more in her pregnancy. She said she had (back pain, I think) and it was put down to normal pregnancy symptoms.

I just hope she's able to get the treatment to give herself enough time with her daughter. The fact it has spread to multiple places doesn't sound good at all. And when Eamon said there was no one else he wanted to mother his child, I couldn't help but think they know the outcome isn't good.
I think she was monitored, she worried about a recurrence at the beginning of her pregnancy and was seen immediately. This is when the radiologist told her that this is not the time to be pregnant. Back pain is not that unusual during pregnancy so they put it down to that.

There are people on reddit saying that her oncologist okayed her getting pregnant but even more are saying that that's not true and that he was shocked when they announced it to him. Apparently eamon eagerly wanted her to get pregnant before the cancer and he was not into modern medicine. Eamon strikes me as the more immature one in this couple.

A lady diagnosed with the same cancer at the same time as Bec (reddit thread eamon and bec life update):

"I’m in treatment for the same type of cancer. She should have still been on drugs and hormone therapy that would have made pregnancy impossible. You are not supposed to attempt pregnancy until at least 18 months - 2 years of endocrine therapy are completed. I imagine she likely was also recommended two years of Verzenio following radiation and you definitely can’t get pregnant while taking Verzenio."

Last edited:
  • Sad
There are people on reddit saying that her oncologist okayed her getting pregnant but even more are saying that that's not true and that he was shocked when they announced it to him.
Thanks for the reddit info.

She had frozen her eggs, or they had frozen embryos, once the breast cancer was diagnosed, wasn't she going through a recurrence scare right around the time of pregnancy? I don't remember her doctors sounding happy when she asked about the safety of the scans.

Apparently eamon eagerly wanted her to get pregnant before the cancer and he was not into modern medicine. Eamon strikes me as the more immature one in this couple.
I understand why Bec may choose to restrict negativity around her (understandable why they went completely dark all these months). But, they could have eliminated a lot of worry and concern from the energetic zeitgeist by not leaving their mass of subscribers fretting, worried and confused for so many months when they disappeared with no explanation leaving their audience's imagination to fill in an explanation. I'm sure their fans would have also preferred to focus positive healing energy on them if they'd been more forthright and not simply ghosted their subscribers, many of whom were left thinking the worst. The energy field could have been greatly improved with a basic explanation and request for healing energy.

Eamon seems to exhibit toxic/blind optimism. He would drive me mad; no matter what the circumstances, he refuses to view them realistically but instead gives absolute reassurances that everything will be perfectly fine. That blindness to reality would try my patience. IMO, it is important that he understand and respect her reality and show her support, not give immediate promises that everything will work out. To me, it feels like it negates her experience or fears when he never seems to be validating her experiences nor is he real about the gravity of the situation.

I agree, they do not appear open to sharing this chapter, they were very vague about so many important status details. It would be better if they were just straightforward: "we have decided to continue this journey in private" rather than give a partial narrative that puts even more confused energy into the atmosphere. Is she in treatment that has improved her health or is she trying to suggest that hours of meditation and allowing only positive energy around her has made an impact? What is her stage 4 prognosis? What do these stated improvements mean?

I don't envy content creators whose income is tied to their online presence, they create a monster that only grows with selective, partial disclosure and content. They are in a bind when half answers satisfy no one and their audience is reminded that we were only a means to an end and the vloggers were not as enamoured with sharing with us as we were with hearing from and supporting them in their journey. It is a reminder how one sided it is. Everyone wants to pull for her, but it's much harder to do when we're surrounded in mystery and with questions.

I refused to watch their last video which looked like a plug for Habit which feels so crass after their months long absence and the eventual release of such dire health news. I wasn't feeling up to celebrating their business anniversary.

• Heart
It's threads like these that make me so glad I'm not on social media & not famous. Christ the entitlement. Are you guys for real ?

You don't know them & yet are literally down in the dumps because 2 strangers you watch on the internet won't give you a run down of the exact cancer treatment they are having ! SHE HAS A BABY & THE OUTCOME DOES NOT LOOK GOOD. Can you imagine how that feels ? Are you thinking about your audience member Sarah from down the road who's feelings are hurt that you're first thought wasn't "Let's update Sarah!" & instead maybe I don't know if I will get to see my child go to school ?

Sweet baby Jesus in heaven, stop whining & count your blessings you or someone you love isn't going through this !!

Last edited:
It's threads like these that make me so glad I'm not on social media & not famous. Christ the entitlement. Are you guys for real ?
You don't know them & yet are literally down in the dumps because 2 strangers you watch on the internet won't give you a run down of the exact cancer treatment they are having ! SHE HAS A BABY & THE OUTCOME DOES NOT LOOK GOOD. Can you imagine how that feels ? Are you thinking about your audience member Sarah from down the road who's feelings are hurt that you're first thought wasn't "Let's update Sarah!" & not maybe I don't know if I will get to see my child go to school ?
Sweet baby Jesus in heaven, stop whining & count your blessings you or someone you love isn't going through this !!
Huh? 🤔
And yes, putting yourself out there on social media takes guts. I couldn't do it, either. You build a huge following and a 'community' of many people who care about you and support you emotionally and financially, things could get a bit hectic when they start to get worried.

• Heart

You don't know them & yet are literally down in the dumps because 2 strangers you watch on the internet won't give you a run down of the exact cancer treatment they are having ! SHE HAS A BABY & THE OUTCOME DOES NOT LOOK GOOD. Can you imagine how that feels ? Are you thinking about your audience member Sarah from down the road who's feelings are hurt that you're first thought wasn't "Let's update Sarah!" & instead maybe I don't know if I will get to see my child go to school ?

What? Who is down in the dumps? Yes of course they should have updated their followers and not left them with a cliffhanger.

That's the least they could do for people that they nurtured into a toxic parasocial relationship and who earned them so much money.

I personally don't care, I'm not so emotionally involved with 2 strangers on the internet that I start crying over them like you said you did @Pacho. It's not healthy.
---
Thanks for the reddit info.

She had frozen her eggs, or they had frozen embryos, once the breast cancer was diagnosed, wasn't she going through a recurrence scare right around the time of pregnancy? I don't remember her doctors sounding happy when she asked about the safety of the scans.

I understand why Bec may choose to restrict negativity around her (understandable why they went completely dark all these months). But, they could have eliminated a lot of worry and concern from the energetic zeitgeist by not leaving their mass of subscribers fretting, worried and confused for so many months when they disappeared with no explanation leaving their audience's imagination to fill in an explanation. I'm sure their fans would have also preferred to focus positive healing energy on them if they'd been more forthright and not simply ghosted their subscribers, many of whom were left thinking the worst. The energy field could have been greatly improved with a basic explanation and request for healing energy.

Eamon seems to exhibit toxic/blind optimism. He would drive me mad; no matter what the circumstances, he refuses to view them realistically but instead gives absolute reassurances that everything will be perfectly fine. That blindness to reality would try my patience. IMO, it is important that he understand and respect her reality and show her support, not give immediate promises that everything will work out. To me, it feels like it negates her experience or fears when he never seems to be validating her experiences nor is he real about the gravity of the situation.

I agree, they do not appear open to sharing this chapter, they were very vague about so many important status details. It would be better if they were just straightforward: "we have decided to continue this journey in private" rather than give a partial narrative that puts even more confused energy into the atmosphere. Is she in treatment that has improved her health or is she trying to suggest that hours of meditation and allowing only positive energy around her has made an impact? What is her stage 4 prognosis? What do these stated improvements mean?

I don't envy content creators whose income is tied to their online presence, they create a monster that only grows with selective, partial disclosure and content. They are in a bind when half answers satisfy no one and their audience is reminded that we were only a means to an end and the vloggers were not as enamoured with sharing with us as we were with hearing from and supporting them in their journey. It is a reminder how one sided it is. Everyone wants to pull for her, but it's much harder to do when we're surrounded in mystery and with questions.

I refused to watch their last video which looked like a plug for Habit which feels so crass after their months long absence and the eventual release of such dire health news. I wasn't feeling up to celebrating their business anniversary.
Good to see you here, Suzeq.

Exactly. The painful egg freezing process that she had to go through. She didn't need to get pregnant. The egg freezing was done for a reason. Her medical team didn't expect her to ever get pregnant. She could have easily afforded a surrogate, these two are worth a lot of money thanks to their channel.

Yes she had a cancer scare at the beginning of the pregnancy. The radiologist came in and told Bec angrily that this was not the time to get pregnant. It makes me believe that their doctor was also not down for this especially after reading stories from patients or medical professionals (some in Canada) who believe that no doctor would ever be fine with her not following the standard protocol. Some say that if she were advised to go off the hormone blocker and start to try for a baby, that doctor can be sued. I don't exactly remember what bec said about this but people sat that she implied that he was okay with it. This makes no sense cause when they broke the news to him, he was shocked. That radiologist's words imply that noone would okay such.

I read that she would immediately be put on treatment after delivering the baby. It would be hormone blockers (the ones she was meant to be on following her cancer and probably others). This explains lack of loss of her. The issue was extremely increased estrogen and the fact that she is already better means it's working. Not sure about chemo or other treatment.

The plug for Habit was distasteful but it just shows that this channel is a business. Bec and Eamon posted this video because of money. They have to do it to maintain their revenue. They said they will do it again if and when they can, again for money. They understand that they have to keep their followers somewhat happy for this reason so she added some appeasing words to continue to nurture the parasocial relationship. She said she loves her community and is grateful or something like that. She had to do it, for the money.
---
@suzeq I responded (not very thoroughly) to your post.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
I'm not emotionally invested either. I'm curious why they are returning to social media at all unless they need the continuation of it in some form as their revenue stream. I suspect one of the reasons they went radio silent is that it's difficult to put yourself back "out there" to acknowledge some bad choices that might have led to such catastrophic results. The internet can be very unkind in pointing judgement errors out to people who live their lives on the internet and earn their income from it.

I certainly wouldn't do what they do. The expectations that flow from making your private life public are enormous since the intimacy created by it is exactly why people become such loyal supporters. The converse is the natural tendency to have an opinion on the narrative that they weave and the desire to understand, analyse and know missing pieces when there are gaps.

People start bookclubs to collectively evaluate and critique the content of published works.

I see this as no different. We are being given a narrative that feels good to explore further collectively as a community in order to improve our understanding and to explore our feelings.

I actually thought the discussion was largely substantive and qualitative as opposed to catty and meanspirited. Tattle has far more cutting criticisms and snark than right here.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm not emotionally invested either. I'm curious why they are returning to social media at all unless they need the continuation of it in some form as their revenue stream. I suspect one of the reasons they went radio silent is that it's difficult to put yourself back "out there" to acknowledge some bad choices that might have led to such catastrophic results. The internet can be very unkind in pointing judgement errors out to people who live their lives on the internet and earn their income from it.

I certainly wouldn't do what they do. The expectations that flow from making your private life public are enormous since the intimacy created by it is exactly why people become such loyal supporters. The converse is the natural tendency to have an opinion on the narrative that they weave and the desire to understand, analyse and know missing pieces when there are gaps.

People start bookclubs to collectively evaluate and critique the content of published works.

I see this as no different. We are being given a narrative that feels good to explore further collectively as a community in order to improve our understanding and to explore our feelings.

I actually thought the discussion was largely substantive and qualitative as opposed to catty and meanspirited. Tattle has far more cutting criticisms and snark than right here.
I agree. I think the long break from youtube was because of fear. It wasn't because they wanted their new cancer journey be private. They showed previously that such is not private to them and they are happy to share.

Their self-preservation and to survive this unscathed is very important to them. That's why they spoke as little as possible about the cancer this time.

They know they messed up and they are not able to admit it. How helpful it would be if they just said "Yes I got pregnant against medical advise. It is not recommended so early after cancer. In fact, it is seen as highly risky. The risk of recurrence when pregnant so early after my type of cancer is double. We should have been smarter and less immature. I really believed this would not happen to us. But now it's done and we have our beautiful daughter that we are so grateful for. The treatment is working and it's hopeful. Please listen to your doctors. Thank you for all your messages and we understand your worries. We have been building this community for 10 years and you deserve to be updated. None of this would have been possible without you."

• Heart
I agree. I think the long break from youtube was because of fear. It wasn't because they wanted their new cancer journey be private. They showed previously that such is not private to them and they are happy to share.

Their self-preservation and to survive this unscathed is very important to them. That's why they spoke as little as possible about the cancer this time.

They know they messed up and they are not able to admit it. How helpful it would be if they just said "Yes I got pregnant against medical advise. It is not recommended so early after cancer. In fact, it is seen as highly risky. The risk of recurrence when pregnant so early after my type of cancer is double. We should have been smarter and less immature. I really believed this would not happen to us. But now it's done and we have our beautiful daughter that we are so grateful for. The treatment is working and it's hopeful. Please listen to your doctors. Thank you for all your messages and we understand your worries. We have been building this community for 10 years and you deserve to be updated. None of this would have been possible without you."
Extremely well said! (y)

I should add, it is them insisting on positive energy only. I was merely commenting on how they might have contributed to heightened negative energy in the force field by leaving everyone hanging in confusion for months, then returning with only half answers.

They could also turn off their comments to limit negative energy or exposure. But, of course they won't do that since it impacts the YT algorithm that pushes up their popularity, exposure and revenue.

• Heart
It sounds a lot like Samantha Lynn. She did the hormone treatment but came off of it because she hated how she felt (and I think she desperately wanted to have a baby, as well.)

Now that she's back on hormone treatment, she doesn't have the same horrible symptoms, she says. And she says she doesn't regret her decision because of her little girl.

It's just such a nightmare to deal with this disease when you're so young.
I thought of Samantha immediately. She is much more mature and helpful though. She responds to comments with detailed explanations and is not afraid of negative comments. She responds to those with maturity and thoughtfulness. I think Samantha really cares about the information that she puts out and it's important to her that people understand it. This is one youtuber who doesn't care about the money and algorithm over the people.

Extremely well said! (y)

I should add, it is them insisting on positive energy only. I was merely commenting on how they might have contributed to heightened negative energy in the force field by leaving everyone hanging in confusion for months, then returning with only half answers.

They could also turn off their comments to limit negative energy or exposure. But, of course they won't do that since it impacts the YT algorithm that pushes up their popularity, exposure and revenue.
The 'positive energey only' agenda is part of the fear and denial. Forcing positivity is more unhelpful and damaging than openly talking about reality and facts. She says that they instructed the people around them to go by this ideology and they are trying to extend it to their followers. Forcing censorship on people will not work. People will discuss it and discussing it does not create negative energies or similar nonsense. Eamon and Bec should support open dialogue and allow people to share knowledge and experience. That's what helps people and not putting on fake smiles and pretending that everything is fine.

The 'positive energey only' agenda is part of the fear and denial. Forcing positivity is more unhelpful and damaging than openly talking about reality and facts. She says that they instructed the people around them to go by this ideology and they are trying to extend it to their followers. Forcing censorship on people will not work. People will discuss it and discussing it does not create negative energies or similar nonsense. Eamon and Bec should support open dialogue and allow people to share knowledge and experience. That's what helps people and not putting on fake smiles and pretending that everything is fine.
They are very experienced YTbers, I imagine they have thick skins by now to pick and choose what is helpful without throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

It is always a balance trying to sort through helpful support from those trying to help but with very unhelpful "advice" or demeanour. They are certainly entitled to ask for a certain mindset of those in their inner orbit, and to ask for healing, positive energy from their subs. I just don't think their blanket radio silence didn't increase ongoing negative energy when they left their subs confused and worried for months. I understand why they may not have wanted to share, though, but let's be honest, they weren't generating a positive energetic field by dropping off like that.

Eamon's perpetual positivity also seems counter to the support she needs to get through the real life events and the real fears associated with her experiences, and the decisions that need to be made based upon accurate info. I'd be so frustrated if my partner met me with "everything will be okay" when clearly everything was not okay and everything was not working out as well as he had promised it would. There's "looking on the bright side" and then there's ignoring all reality.

While not a health focus:

Researchers from the University of Bath and London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) studied people’s financial expectations in life and compared them to actual outcomes over an 18-year period. They found that when it comes to the happiness stakes, overestimating outcomes was associated with lower wellbeing than setting realistic expectations.

The findings point to the benefits of making decisions based on accurate, unbiased assessments. They bring in to question the ‘power of positive thinking’ which frames optimism as a self-fulfilling prophecy, whereby believing in success delivers it, along with immediate happiness generated by picturing a positive future.
And:

Negative thinking should not replace positive thinking though. Pessimists also fared badly compared to realists, undermining the view that low expectations limit disappointment and present a route to contentment.

Their numbers are dwarfed though by the number of people - estimated to be 80 percent of the population – who can be classed as unrealistic optimists. These people tend to overestimate the likelihood that good things will happen and underestimate the possibility of bad things. High expectations set them up for large doses of destructive disappointment.

“Plans based on inaccurate beliefs make for poor decisions and are bound to deliver worse outcomes than would rational, realistic beliefs, leading to lower well-being for both optimists and pessimists."

Of course, that's not to say Bec can't face her challenges with determination and a positive, peaceful mindset. If it helps her to meditate for hours each day and she's able to, even with a young baby, then I see it very much in line with their brand and general approach to life. A quiet mind must help maintain healthy habits, good sleep and a strong constitution.

Generally speaking, they seem like decent people. I am sorry she is having to go through this. I wish her the best outcome possible.

• Heart
They are very experienced YTbers, I imagine they have thick skins by now to pick and choose what is helpful without throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

It is always a balance trying to sort through helpful support from those trying to help but with very unhelpful "advice" or demeanour. They are certainly entitled to ask for a certain mindset of those in their inner orbit, and to ask for healing, positive energy from their subs. I just don't think their blanket radio silence didn't increase ongoing negative energy when they left their subs confused and worried for months. I understand why they may not have wanted to share, though, but let's be honest, they weren't generating a positive energetic field by dropping off like that.

Eamon's perpetual positivity also seems counter to the support she needs to get through the real life events and the real fears associated with her experiences, and the decisions that need to be made based upon accurate info. I'd be so frustrated if my partner met me with "everything will be okay" when clearly everything was not okay and everything was not working out as well as he had promised it would. There's "looking on the bright side" and then there's ignoring all reality.

While not a health focus:

And:

Of course, that's not to say Bec can't face her challenges with determination and a positive, peaceful mindset. If it helps her to meditate for hours each day and she's able to, even with a young baby, then I see it very much in line with their brand and general approach to life. A quiet mind must help maintain healthy habits, good sleep and a strong constitution.

Generally speaking, they seem like decent people. I am sorry she is having to go through this. I wish her the best outcome possible.
Guess also dealing with the anniversary of her friends suicide, to whom she was very close and the baby named after.
Sometimes you just can't take anymore and you retreat to your safe place.
I like them and have only heard positive words about Bec from people who have met them.
Wishing her well as she can be x

Guess also dealing with the anniversary of her friends suicide, to whom she was very close and the baby named after.
Sometimes you just can't take anymore and you retreat to your safe place.
I like them and have only heard positive words about Bec from people who have met them.
Wishing her well as she can be x
Yes. I went back and watched Lee's videos last year, and Max's reaction video as well, I learned a lot about how isolating the experience of vlogging can be from watching them, and the impact the audience can have on a vlogger. It was helpful to my own understanding.

People feel emboldened and forget that they are reaponding to real people and not two dimensional characters on a screen. I don't read their comments so I have no idea how their subs react to them directly.