Dubai in Ramadan

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all I booked my teenage daughters and I a 5 day break next year for Xmas….but naively I’ve just realised it’s during Ramadan.

now I’ll be 6 months pregnant but now concerned that when we go if out and about there will be no where to eat or drink.
Can anyone enlighten me , are some places open to eat and drink if inside and not in public , are taxis available?
Is this even a good time to go?
Thank you for your advice xx

Hi all I booked my teenage daughters and I a 5 day break next year for Xmas….but naively I’ve just realised it’s during Ramadan.

now I’ll be 6 months pregnant but now concerned that when we go if out and about there will be no where to eat or drink.
Can anyone enlighten me , are some places open to eat and drink if inside and not in public , are taxis available?
Is this even a good time to go?
Thank you for your advice xx
You’ll be 6 months pregnant next Xmas? So confused by this post
Pretty sure Ramadan is in March

Reactions: 3
Ramadan is in March/April this year and then Feb/March in 2025, so confused how it can overlap with Christmas?

I live in Dubai. You’ll be fine. You can’t eat or drink in public which really translates to you can’t walk around a mall drinking a coffee or sit at your desk and eat a sandwich. But restaurants, bars, coffee shops will all be open as normal.
---
And yes, taxis readily available :) Look for a taxi with a pink roof (these are for women only and it will be a female driver) but I would have no concerns getting in a ‘non’ pink taxi.
Btw, being visibility pregnant means you’re kind of exempt from fasting anyway so no one would judge for eating/drinking in public during Ramadan.

Reactions: 2
I live in Dubai. You’ll be fine. You can’t eat or drink in public which really translates to you can’t walk around a mall drinking a coffee or sit at your desk and eat a sandwich. But restaurants, bars, coffee shops will all be open as normal.
---
And yes, taxis readily available :) Look for a taxi with a pink roof (these are for women only and it will be a female driver) but I would have no concerns getting in a ‘non’ pink taxi.
Btw, being visibility pregnant means you’re kind of exempt from fasting anyway so no one would judge for eating/drinking in public during Ramadan.
Thank you so much you have put my mind at rest ❤

I went during Ramadan, 20 years ago, it was quite fun to be in the souk (not the western style malls) during the evening when fasting came to an end and everyone was sharing food and drink with me. Not sure if they are still so generous today though.