Driving tests

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My first lot of lessons I’d been learning for about 6 months, my instructor was an ex copper and a friend of my Dad’s, I think he delayed my test so he could reap the discount back he had offered, the tight git!
Anyway it all went awry when I was doing a 3 point turn on a slight slope, I was reversing back being careful as I could see a lamp post in my rear view mirror, he said to stop braking but obviously I didn’t he then shouted STOP BRAKING, so I did and hit the bloody lamp post 🤣 he went absolutely apeshit, was bouncing around on the pavement screeching like a banshee, calling me a silly little girl amongst other things, so I just said to him it’s your fault you told me to stop braking you old fart!!
My Dad had a right go at him and refused to pay for the last block of lessons!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I passed second time in 2019 at the age of 23. I had two instructors and about 40 hours of lessons. I think I was learning to drive for a year and a half.

my first instructor was very intimidating. He was one of those arrogant old gits who thinks he’s always right... he laughed at me once because I was panicking at a roundabout and I couldn’t get the car in gear. He kept bringing it up afterwards and was laughing. 🙄 he also kept going on about money, he used to make comments because I owned a terraced house and he used to go on about how much money he had and when I told him I was going to Florida he kept trying to work out how I could afford it, even though my partner and I earn a fair bit...

my second instructor was nice, but very laid back and I felt like sometimes he didn’t pay enough attention.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I had around 30 lessons, failed first time had a female examiner who my instructor said beforehand if you get her “she’s like a head teacher” she failed me, but I did mess up, one of the manoeuvres was to reverse around a corner and I fully mounted the curb, also two occasions I didn’t indicate and she went mental like it was the worst thing in the world. Passed second time with a really normal guy who wanted to know who my boyfriend supported in football, at the end he said to me “you’ve passed but only if you get rid of that forest fan” meaning my boyfriend at the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
2 years of lessons, once a week, 2 hours.
Passed 1st time due to amount of lessons.
Instructor was tough on me but he was a good soul. He had an immaculate history of his learners passing first time with minimum to no fails and i was so happy that I didn't ruin that for him! 😅

I have my test coming up soon and I'm so nervous! Most people my age can drive so have felt very behind for a while with most of my friends passing when we were much younger but unfortunately I've had to wait an additional year and a bit due to the pandemic. Just wondered does anyone have any handy tips/suggestions/good or bad experiences.. I can't find any other threads for this but wanna hear them all! Thanks in advance x

I have my test coming up soon and I'm so nervous! Most people my age can drive so have felt very behind for a while with most of my friends passing when we were much younger but unfortunately I've had to wait an additional year and a bit due to the pandemic. Just wondered does anyone have any handy tips/suggestions/good or bad experiences.. I can't find any other threads for this but wanna hear them all! Thanks in advance x
There’s a thread in the advice section of the forum.

I had about 4 instructors ( I changed once and decided I preferred the previous one) , god knows how many lessons. The examiner who passed me had failed me in a previous test .this was over a 5 year period.

My last test I knew I was going to pass . I think having failed before I knew how to " behave " in the test .