Do you think the UK or US version of Shameless is better?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really liking the relationship between Mandy Maguire and Frank on this rewatch. With the whole Joe thing, who would have thought Frank was person she would go to?

There was a Christmas special, featuring a consignment of infected meat. The entire estate was put into quarantine, but certain residents went out of their way to break the rules. I can imagine the same thing happening during a lockdown.
I forgot about that one. Just rewatched it recently. You’re right, that’s how I can see it being too.

Reactions: 1
Anyone watch the final season of the US version? Really suffered without Emmy Rossum

Reactions: 1
Wait how is this even a question. UK by milessss

I started watching it again a while back and stopped. I might get back into it. Its been years since I watched it, whilst I was still at school. There was so much I forgot about.

Reactions: 4
I liked the UK Shameless but much prefer the US version. I think they did a brilliant job in showing how the neglect they received from their parents really caused them trauma and was a major influence in their choices and decisions as adults.

Reactions: 3
Have never seen the US version and was only a sporadic viewer of the UK one in it’s time.
But I can well believe the comments here, UK shows start very well, brilliantly in some cases then over time they just get rather silly as if the writers have run out of content and ideas, whereas so many US shows keep the quality throughout.
Not surprising really as most top US shows have a long list of highly paid & experienced writers to keep the content interesting.

I absolutely loved the UK version of Shameless - the first series were superb. When I heard that there would be a US version I thought it wouldn't be a patch on the UK one as it just seemed so British and the humour wouldn't translate Stateside. How wrong I was! To my surprise I loved the US Frank as much as the UK version.

Both series were excellent and I agree with the above poster who said that whilst the UK version went right off the boil with strange plot lines, the US version stayed on course for much longer. Many many series. All great.

Reactions: 3