Do you think the UK or US version of Shameless is better?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've recently been watching the latest season of Shameless US to come on Netflix (It's still behind though, although only by one season now) and I'm amazed it's still managed to keep the quality all the way through. I watched the UK Shameless when it was on but gave up towards the end. The first 2 series of the UK are untouchable but then the quality declines after the 3rd series. The US one however kept getting better after season 3.

One major difference is that in the US one all the Gallaghers stuck around. So they remained a central family and the show didn't need to rely on side characters. Whereas in series 5 of the UK one it was pretty much McGuire's and other misfits chipping in. So with the Gallaghers in the US there was loads of great story lines which the UK one lacked. I do always wonder what would have happened if the actors and actresses of the UK stuck around. There was so much potential there.

Which do you prefer?

Reactions: 4
Definitely the US one - I love it

The UK one was good back in the day though! They should refresh it - that would be a good series to bring back tbh

Rewatching the UK version now. Used to watch it religiously when it was on every Tuesday night

Reactions: 3
U.K... I couldn’t get into the first episode of USA one coz it was exactly the same so just felt like I was watching a repeat lol

Reactions: 2
Netflix have just added series 12 on there. Definitely missing Fiona though

Rewatching it all again (UK version). I forgot how great Mickey Maguire is as a character, I almost dislike Ian for not wanting to be with him.

Reactions: 2
I loved the UK version of Shameless and when I saw that there was a US version I thought it would be pants but it was surprisingly good.
I liked both the Frank Gallaghers equally but the UK Fiona was unbeatable however I preferred the US Ian and Debbie.

Definitely the US one - I love it

The UK one was good back in the day though! They should refresh it - that would be a good series to bring back tbh
I honestly think if they brought back Shameless (the UK one) it would have some sort of ‘backlash’

I also thought not too long ago they should do a reboot of Footballers Wives but I don’t know if the WAG thing is passé now? They should do a show about the erratic lives of Instagrammers and the scheming and undermining they do of each other (though not sure how popular a show would be showing the characters typing furiously behind a computer screen/phone with a ring light in the background lol).

I honestly think if they brought back Shameless (the UK one) it would have some sort of ‘backlash’

I also thought not too long ago they should do a reboot of Footballers Wives but I don’t know if the WAG thing is passé now? They should do a show about the erratic lives of Instagrammers and the scheming and undermining they do of each other (though not sure how popular a show would be showing the characters typing furiously behind a computer screen/phone with a ring light in the background lol).
At the risk of sounding like an old Karen, they couldn’t make UK Shameless now. 14/15 year old Ian with Kash? Young Karen and Frank having an affair? People would be offended with how Shelia is portrayed. Isn’t there a Myra Hindley joke about Veronica as well? I just couldn’t see it being made now.

I’d like to see Chatsworth during Covid but I don’t know how that would work either.

Reactions: 6

I think a show about a desperate group of influencer wannbee's would definitely work. As long as they didn't pull any punches with it

Reactions: 5
At the risk of sounding like an old Karen, they couldn’t make UK Shameless now. 14/15 year old Ian with Kash? Young Karen and Frank having an affair? People would be offended with how Shelia is portrayed. Isn’t there a Myra Hindley joke about Veronica as well? I just couldn’t see it being made now.

I’d like to see Chatsworth during Covid but I don’t know how that would work either.
There was a Christmas special, featuring a consignment of infected meat. The entire estate was put into quarantine, but certain residents went out of their way to break the rules. I can imagine the same thing happening during a lockdown.