Disney World/land fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recently back and had a wonderful time, but EVERYTHING has gone up dramatically in cost from when I last visited USA in 2019. Food is so much more expensive, things such as toilet rolls were $20 for 8 rolls 🥴. Don’t get me wrong, had an amazing time but really noticed the increased prices of everything.
Thank you, we're trying to save a bit more and cut back on things over there. I can't believe the price of character meals $206, I proced it up as. I'm hoping we can cut costs by the kids sharing adults meals.
Would you say it as cheaper to buy clothes?

Yes, we did too. It doesn't help that the exchange rate is so tit. Portion sizes seemed to be smaller too, which didn't help as we usually share. As you say, still amazing and it's magical but everything costs so much more.
I'm shocked they've now got smaller portion sizes.

Thank you, we're trying to save a bit more and cut back on things over there. I can't believe the price of character meals $206, I proced it up as. I'm hoping we can cut costs by the kids sharing adults meals.
Not really, the outlets were much more expensive for clothing and accessories and hardly any deals in stores, usually they hand out extra % off coupons but not one store did this year that I noticed.

Meal sizes definitely smaller too and cost more, even soft drinks were $4-5 each, most places/restaurants are refillable so not so bad but still adds up. We shared some meals last time but not this year as much smaller portions.

Walmart was so expensive, even for basics like coffee and milk, really noticed the price increase and I absolutely agree, the exchange rate was appallingly bad so that didn’t help either.

Reactions: 2
Go to Marshalls, TK Maxx and stores like that for clothing bargains rather than the more traditional outlets. You still get genuine bargains there.

Walmart prices are still good compared to everywhere else. Aldi is probably cheapest but only good for basics. It's not like UK Aldi but a lot more simple, kind of like when those stores opened in the UK

If you have a car in Orlando, do go to Wawa for breakfast and even for simple lunches and dinners. The hoagies and soups are brilliant and it's cheap. Steak 'n Shake is a cheap favourite of mine.

Reactions: 1
Not really, the outlets were much more expensive for clothing and accessories and hardly any deals in stores, usually they hand out extra % off coupons but not one store did this year that I noticed.

Meal sizes definitely smaller too and cost more, even soft drinks were $4-5 each, most places/restaurants are refillable so not so bad but still adds up. We shared some meals last time but not this year as much smaller portions.

Walmart was so expensive, even for basics like coffee and milk, really noticed the price increase and I absolutely agree, the exchange rate was appallingly bad so that didn’t help either.
I think I won't be getting as many bargains this time around. We'd budged 2k for food , well for everything, but thinking we may need to take more

Go to Marshalls, TK Maxx and stores like that for clothing bargains rather than the more traditional outlets. You still get genuine bargains there.

Walmart prices are still good compared to everywhere else. Aldi is probably cheapest but only good for basics. It's not like UK Aldi but a lot more simple, kind of like when those stores opened in the UK

If you have a car in Orlando, do go to Wawa for breakfast and even for simple lunches and dinners. The hoagies and soups are brilliant and it's cheap. Steak 'n Shake is a cheap favourite of mine.
Thanks, we're going to get users or lyfts to places, we're staying at Disney so it's $25 per day to park your car at the hotel. I'm planning to go and visit my favourite places like chilli's, Danny's, taco bell and I've garden. I'll check out the places you've mentioned.

Is TK Max good for plus size over there?

I hope you had a great wedding day @EssexHun

• Heart
TK Maxx does have a plus-size section but whether it's any good depends on what they get in at any one time, sometimes they have great stuff in, other times it's appalling. I still really like Walmart for clothes. You do have to rake through quite a lot of obviously awful baggy capris and cold shoulder tees but I always find something in there that looks great and no one would ever guess where it is from. Look out for the brand Scoop or Eloquii Elements in there. Their own-brand stuff can also be good. Their nightwear and loungewear is absolutely excellent and I wouldn't buy that from anywhere else.

I find Target a bit expensive for what is basically the same stuff as Walmart. Yes, it is more nicely laid out and feels a bit fancier but it's not really. I wouldn't bother looking there for clothes.

You do right not to get a hire car then pay for parking. That is so ridiculous of Disney to have brought those charges in.

TK Maxx does have a plus-size section but whether it's any good depends on what they get in at any one time, sometimes they have great stuff in, other times it's appalling. I still really like Walmart for clothes. You do have to rake through quite a lot of obviously awful baggy capris and cold shoulder tees but I always find something in there that looks great and no one would ever guess where it is from. Look out for the brand Scoop or Eloquii Elements in there. Their own-brand stuff can also be good. Their nightwear and loungewear is absolutely excellent and I wouldn't buy that from anywhere else.

I find Target a bit expensive for what is basically the same stuff as Walmart. Yes, it is more nicely laid out and feels a bit fancier but it's not really. I wouldn't bother looking there for clothes.

You do right not to get a hire car then pay for parking. That is so ridiculous of Disney to have brought those charges in.
It is, Disney are over charging for everything and it's not like its cheap to stay there.

I'm going to visit wallmart, I think I'll just look at toys in target. I keep seeing target advertised and as my husband says I'm a marketers dream so I've been wanting to vi's there.

I'm definitely going to get pyjamas from wallmart, I'm obsessed with pyjamas but not as much as Jess is 😉

It is, Disney are over charging for everything and it's not like its cheap to stay there.

I'm going to visit wallmart, I think I'll just look at toys in target. I keep seeing target advertised and as my husband says I'm a marketers dream so I've been wanting to vi's there.

I'm definitely going to get pyjamas from wallmart, I'm obsessed with pyjamas but not as much as Jess is 😉
She's on about them again today!

We're going to WDW in March and are definitely going to scale back on table service dining. Although quick service is not CHEAP cheap, it costs significantly less to eat there than actual restaurants. We never got the 'free' dining plan as it was never offered to US guests so maybe won't feel it as much as British guests but still, a lot of table service is not happening on this trip. I'm looking forward to snacking my way around Epcot etc

I think I won't be getting as many bargains this time around. We'd budged 2k for food , well for everything, but thinking we may need to take more

Thanks, we're going to get users or lyfts to places, we're staying at Disney so it's $25 per day to park your car at the hotel. I'm planning to go and visit my favourite places like chilli's, Danny's, taco bell and I've garden. I'll check out the places you've mentioned.

We didn't have car hire this time round and stuck with Lyft and Uber (and the Disney transfers)...it worked out really well.
Car share is incredibly easy to use and great value for money.

We didn't have car hire this time round and stuck with Lyft and Uber (and the Disney transfers)...it worked out really well.
Car share is incredibly easy to use and great value for money.
I've not heard of car share, but I makes sense to use if we're all going to the same place

I've not heard of car share, but I makes sense to use if we're all going to the same place
Car share is just a catch-all term for Uber and Lyft. If you're looking for the place where you get picked up, it's often signposted as this.

Yeah car share (or ride share?) isn't sharing with other passengers...it's usually drivers who use their own cars and will pick up passengers via an app (rather than being hailed)
Some of our drivers had picked us up, en route home from their 'every day job'. A few times, we got picked up from Disney cast members just finishing up for the day!

Yeah car share (or ride share?) isn't sharing with other passengers...it's usually drivers who use their own cars and will pick up passengers via an app (rather than being hailed)
Some of our drivers had picked us up, en route home from their 'every day job'. A few times, we got picked up from Disney cast members just finishing up for the day!
Ah, thank you, another one for me to write down. I'm going to start couponing as well.

We went away for nearly 3 weeks and got back a day ago, our spends are at the 6k mark currently , that’s 2 adults , 2 kids staying in Disney , buying what we wanted , Ubers , food the whole shebang ( that really isn’t meant to sound wanky btw !) we went to target and got 24 bottles of water for 6bucks or you will pay about 5 dollars for a bottle of anything in the parks, kids portions were fine for adults ( & I’m a piggie !) download any eateries app / sign up for emails before you go , get those vouchers in ! Shopping Disney wise , you won’t get a hoodie under 60 bucks and a tee will set you back 35 plus …the spirit jersey I bought out there was 100 bucks , it’s on shop Disney for 70 ! If there’s a bit of merch you really want absolutely check here before you go, I had got minnie ears for a tenner in the shop Disney sale , still 40 bucks in the parks ! If you are using ride share , also download the ‘ Lyft ‘ app you can have a free , months trial & save about 20% per ride x

We did a few character meals , we stayed at the yacht club and did the breakfast there - that was good value and we went later so had a ‘ brunch ‘ which kept us ticking over , we also did the Hollywood and vine Halloween dinner thing ( it’s seasonal , so will change ) and that was a really good buffet from steak to chicken tenders , something for everyone ! I wouldn’t bother with too many sit down meals , just do one where you meet the fab 5 & stick to quick service x

Last edited:

Bless you @Em_ thank you! Was a beautiful day, married by 10.20am in Celebration by the lake, sun was shining, everyone wishing us congratulations ❤ was so very, very happy!

Olive Garden was one of the best value places we ate at, the unlimited soup was delicious 😋 In Chillis, we got a set menu for less than $15 for 3 courses and was very generous portions!

The last night we ate at a BBQ Texas place, was not sure what to expect but was just delicious. A little pricey but to be fair, HUGE portions of really tasty food, that was plenty to share. I think it’s called Wildside Texas BBQ on the 192 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, has a huge water tower outside. If we’d known how good it was, we would have chosen to go there more than once and gutted we went on our last night!

Was disappointed with Longhorn Steakhouse and Logan’s this year, both not worth the money.

We took $2200 for 2 of us, just for food and spending (drinks, snacks, things for the villa such as coffee, milk, cereal etc) as all tickets for parks had been bought before going, we spent every last scent…. And we wasn’t extravagant or ate out every day. Sorry, not meaning to sound negative but things were so much more than expected… hopefully the £ improves against the $ 🤞🏼

We went away for nearly 3 weeks and got back a day ago, our spends are at the 6k mark currently , that’s 2 adults , 2 kids staying in Disney , buying what we wanted , Ubers , food the whole shebang ( that really isn’t meant to sound wanky btw !) we went to target and got 24 bottles of water for 6bucks or you will pay about 5 dollars for a bottle of anything in the parks, kids portions were fine for adults ( & I’m a piggie !) download any eateries app / sign up for emails before you go , get those vouchers in ! Shopping Disney wise , you won’t get a hoodie under 60 bucks and a tee will set you back 35 plus …the spirit jersey I bought out there was 100 bucks , it’s on shop Disney for 70 ! If there’s a bit of merch you really want absolutely check here before you go, I had got minnie ears for a tenner in the shop Disney sale , still 40 bucks in the parks ! If you are using ride share , also download the ‘ Lyft ‘ app you can have a free , months trial & save about 20% per ride x
Thank you, I'll download the app before we go. I didn't realise it was that expensive in the parks.

Bless you @Em_ thank you! Was a beautiful day, married by 10.20am in Celebration by the lake, sun was shining, everyone wishing us congratulations ❤ was so very, very happy!

Olive Garden was one of the best value places we ate at, the unlimited soup was delicious 😋 In Chillis, we got a set menu for less than $15 for 3 courses and was very generous portions!

The last night we ate at a BBQ Texas place, was not sure what to expect but was just delicious. A little pricey but to be fair, HUGE portions of really tasty food, that was plenty to share. I think it’s called Wildside Texas BBQ on the 192 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, has a huge water tower outside. If we’d known how good it was, we would have chosen to go there more than once and gutted we went on our last night!

Was disappointed with Longhorn Steakhouse and Logan’s this year, both not worth the money.

We took $2200 for 2 of us, just for food and spending (drinks, snacks, things for the villa such as coffee, milk, cereal etc) as all tickets for parks had been bought before going, we spent every last scent…. And we wasn’t extravagant or ate out every day. Sorry, not meaning to sound negative but things were so much more than expected… hopefully the £ improves against the $ 🤞🏼
I'm hoping it improves, but it seems like Liz has caused a lot of damage to the economy.

I'm glad you had a lovelwedding day, not to sound cheesy, but it must have been magical