Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

chapterthree

I’ve set this thread up to discuss disney fashion.
Thank you for this. I used to love Kingdom Threads but their owner is so rude and condescending to buyers that I no longer support them. Open to other brand suggestions.

Reactions: 4

EssexHun

I bought some Disney trainers, Donald duck sandals sand a Donald duck cross over bag from Primark.
Can anyone recommend any good shops for ears? I've got a few from Primark for my daughter, but we wanted some themed ones, especially Christmas.
I bought some from Hannah Marie Magic that are beautiful!!! I also bought some from Shop Disney and they often have discounts.

My first trip ever to Disney World in October!! Sooo excited! Also, while we are in Florida, we are on the Disney Wish cruise for 3 nights. Honestly, never thought I would ever have the chance, I’m so grateful and excited 💓

I have got a Minnie Cross body bag in sale from Shop Disney. Also, a Loungefly full on sequin Disney backpack but not sure I’m going to keep it as it’s super pricey.

I really want to get to a Primark as they do some fab Disney accessories.

Also, I’ve got the Aldo ‘Glass Slippers’ trainers for my wedding whilst we are there! Sorry to bore, but it’s just me, my partner, and my brother and sister-in-law that are going, no one knows apart from ourselves and my brother and his wife that we are getting married whilst there. I cannot wait. Married in Celebration on the lake… absolute dream come true for us.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

LaLaLayla

Don’t use lottiebounds!!! Really cheap material, put together really badly!! There’s someone selling SO much of it on vinted and it just looks mishapen and awful! Much better designers out there that have an eye for design and flattering patterns/designs :)

• Wow
Reactions: 3

Furnessian

VIP Member
WDW veteran here (well, I've been a few times) and the most important thing I can impart is to wear your shoes in before you go. I know you're not idiots and you know this but it's the single thing that will stop you having a great time. There is a LOT of walking, not just round to parks but everywhere. The walk from the Disney buses to the park gates is a long way etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Em_

VIP Member
I bought some Disney trainers, Donald duck sandals sand a Donald duck cross over bag from Primark.
Can anyone recommend any good shops for ears? I've got a few from Primark for my daughter, but we wanted some themed ones, especially Christmas.

EssexHun

Thank you, we're trying to save a bit more and cut back on things over there. I can't believe the price of character meals $206, I proced it up as. I'm hoping we can cut costs by the kids sharing adults meals.
Would you say it as cheaper to buy clothes?
I'm shocked they've now got smaller portion sizes.
Not really, the outlets were much more expensive for clothing and accessories and hardly any deals in stores, usually they hand out extra % off coupons but not one store did this year that I noticed.

Meal sizes definitely smaller too and cost more, even soft drinks were $4-5 each, most places/restaurants are refillable so not so bad but still adds up. We shared some meals last time but not this year as much smaller portions.

Walmart was so expensive, even for basics like coffee and milk, really noticed the price increase and I absolutely agree, the exchange rate was appallingly bad so that didn’t help either.

Following! We have a trip booked for January and people take matching disney shirts to the extreme here in the US. So always on the lookout for something more casual. I did just get a customized stoney clover pouch that I will be using there.

Reactions: 1

Notorious PIG

Do they still have c&a in Germany? I used to love clock house when I was a teenager.
I didn't know pep & co in Poundland were doing Disney clothes, they have a pep&co shop in a town near me, I'll have to have sa visit as you get more than you do in Poundland.
C&A yep they do, I also spotted one in Czech as well. Only problem was I ordered online and the sizes were way off (huge). I also used to like Clockhouse 😊

Poundland, yep, luckily I spotted it by chance out of the corner of my eye on my (window display) on my last trip to England .

I love the official Disney Store clothes and accessories but they are very expensive. I’m sure the quality is much better than the cheaper brands’ but it’d cost a fortune getting all of the stuff from there!

Furnessian

VIP Member
TK Maxx does have a plus-size section but whether it's any good depends on what they get in at any one time, sometimes they have great stuff in, other times it's appalling. I still really like Walmart for clothes. You do have to rake through quite a lot of obviously awful baggy capris and cold shoulder tees but I always find something in there that looks great and no one would ever guess where it is from. Look out for the brand Scoop or Eloquii Elements in there. Their own-brand stuff can also be good. Their nightwear and loungewear is absolutely excellent and I wouldn't buy that from anywhere else.

I find Target a bit expensive for what is basically the same stuff as Walmart. Yes, it is more nicely laid out and feels a bit fancier but it's not really. I wouldn't bother looking there for clothes.

You do right not to get a hire car then pay for parking. That is so ridiculous of Disney to have brought those charges in.

Toast365

I’m going for the first time too in October!

i bought some ears from Shop Disney as I loved the Star Wars ones but also have purchased some from Hannah Marie Magic (same name on Instagram) and her website, she does so many beautiful designs, they are not the cheapest but really good quality and has an ear design for anything you can think of! All hand made too.
Amazing, thank you. I don’t mind spending a bit more if they’re good quality and supporting a small business.

Milktray

VIP Member
I’ve just booked our first holiday and there really is so much to learn!

Are there any good small businesses for ears etc?

I really like the idea of proper comfortable dresses in the Disney Bound (Bounding?) style, is this possible? For kids too?

I really want to avoid consumerism and cheap tat.

Do people really dress up as much?
I think bounding is a difficult one. We go in the hot months, so I just wear for comfort. Thing with bounding is, that a lot of people in WDW wouldn't know you are bounding, so you would need to be happy just doing it for yourself.

Disney merch/clothing on the other hand is right up there. A lot of people wear it. You would certainly not look out of place rocking a Mickey T-Shirt.

One point though...Disney is built on consumerism and 'tat'. Buy bits from Etsy and support local but be prepared to pay a premium.

Tublet83

VIP Member
I bought some from Hannah Marie Magic that are beautiful!!! I also bought some from Shop Disney and they often have discounts.

My first trip ever to Disney World in October!! Sooo excited! Also, while we are in Florida, we are on the Disney Wish cruise for 3 nights. Honestly, never thought I would ever have the chance, I’m so grateful and excited 💓

I have got a Minnie Cross body bag in sale from Shop Disney. Also, a Loungefly full on sequin Disney backpack but not sure I’m going to keep it as it’s super pricey.

I really want to get to a Primark as they do some fab Disney accessories.

Also, I’ve got the Aldo ‘Glass Slippers’ trainers for my wedding whilst we are there! Sorry to bore, but it’s just me, my partner, and my brother and sister-in-law that are going, no one knows apart from ourselves and my brother and his wife that we are getting married whilst there. I cannot wait. Married in Celebration on the lake… absolute dream come true for us.
Amazing have the best time!

• Heart

Milktray

VIP Member
Recently back and had a wonderful time, but EVERYTHING has gone up dramatically in cost from when I last visited USA in 2019. Food is so much more expensive, things such as toilet rolls were $20 for 8 rolls 🥴. Don’t get me wrong, had an amazing time but really noticed the increased prices of everything.
Yes, we did too. It doesn't help that the exchange rate is so shit. Portion sizes seemed to be smaller too, which didn't help as we usually share. As you say, still amazing and it's magical but everything costs so much more.

EssexHun

I really like the idea of proper comfortable dresses in the Disney Bound (Bounding?) style, is this possible? For kids too?

I’m going for the first time too in October!

i bought some ears from Shop Disney as I loved the Star Wars ones but also have purchased some from Hannah Marie Magic (same name on Instagram) and her website, she does so many beautiful designs, they are not the cheapest but really good quality and has an ear design for anything you can think of! All hand made too.

Kikidoyouloveme

We went away for nearly 3 weeks and got back a day ago, our spends are at the 6k mark currently , that’s 2 adults , 2 kids staying in Disney , buying what we wanted , Ubers , food the whole shebang ( that really isn’t meant to sound wanky btw !) we went to target and got 24 bottles of water for 6bucks or you will pay about 5 dollars for a bottle of anything in the parks, kids portions were fine for adults ( & I’m a piggie !) download any eateries app / sign up for emails before you go , get those vouchers in ! Shopping Disney wise , you won’t get a hoodie under 60 bucks and a tee will set you back 35 plus …the spirit jersey I bought out there was 100 bucks , it’s on shop Disney for 70 ! If there’s a bit of merch you really want absolutely check here before you go, I had got minnie ears for a tenner in the shop Disney sale , still 40 bucks in the parks ! If you are using ride share , also download the ‘ Lyft ‘ app you can have a free , months trial & save about 20% per ride x

Thank you, we're trying to save a bit more and cut back on things over there. I can't believe the price of character meals $206, I proced it up as. I'm hoping we can cut costs by the kids sharing adults meals.
Would you say it as cheaper to buy clothes?

I'm shocked they've now got smaller portion sizes.

We did a few character meals , we stayed at the yacht club and did the breakfast there - that was good value and we went later so had a ‘ brunch ‘ which kept us ticking over , we also did the Hollywood and vine Halloween dinner thing ( it’s seasonal , so will change ) and that was a really good buffet from steak to chicken tenders , something for everyone ! I wouldn’t bother with too many sit down meals , just do one where you meet the fab 5 & stick to quick service x

Last edited:

Notorious PIG

I got that Donald Duck bag too! I love it! I think it was £12!!

We cancelled our Disney cruise (we couldn’t bring ourselves to spend double what Royal Caribbean are charging for the same itinerary) but we are due a visit to Los Angeles before the year is out, so I’m hanging onto my stuffs as I’d like to go back to Disney Land.

I got:

- Adidas Tinkerbell white and green shoes from Adidas outlet in Germany, something like €30

- Poundland white and blue tie dye Mickey Mouse jersey and sweatpants set (note, it wasn’t a quid each 😆 it was more like £8 or something like that) and Mickey Mouse short pj’s, and Aristocats Marie nightshirt

- Primark grey matching jersey and sweatpants set, Winnie the Pooh short pj’s. Donald Duck grey crossbody bag with matching coin purse, approx €12

- C&A Germany light pink Minnie Mouse jersey sweater

I can’t remember the exact prices of everything but it was dirt cheap.

Last edited:

Kikidoyouloveme

Thank you, that's really helpful and helpful to know what to budget for food wise. Sorry one more question, would you say that 2 children could share a meal? I've got a 3 year old and an 8 year old, they do like to eat.
I would say they could share an adult meals , but probably not a kids one xx

Toast365

Em_

VIP Member
Not really, the outlets were much more expensive for clothing and accessories and hardly any deals in stores, usually they hand out extra % off coupons but not one store did this year that I noticed.

Meal sizes definitely smaller too and cost more, even soft drinks were $4-5 each, most places/restaurants are refillable so not so bad but still adds up. We shared some meals last time but not this year as much smaller portions.

Walmart was so expensive, even for basics like coffee and milk, really noticed the price increase and I absolutely agree, the exchange rate was appallingly bad so that didn’t help either.
I think I won't be getting as many bargains this time around. We'd budged 2k for food , well for everything, but thinking we may need to take more

Go to Marshalls, TK Maxx and stores like that for clothing bargains rather than the more traditional outlets. You still get genuine bargains there.

Walmart prices are still good compared to everywhere else. Aldi is probably cheapest but only good for basics. It's not like UK Aldi but a lot more simple, kind of like when those stores opened in the UK

If you have a car in Orlando, do go to Wawa for breakfast and even for simple lunches and dinners. The hoagies and soups are brilliant and it's cheap. Steak 'n Shake is a cheap favourite of mine.
Thanks, we're going to get users or lyfts to places, we're staying at Disney so it's $25 per day to park your car at the hotel. I'm planning to go and visit my favourite places like chilli's, Danny's, taco bell and I've garden. I'll check out the places you've mentioned.

Is TK Max good for plus size over there?

I hope you had a great wedding day @EssexHun

• Heart