Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think there honestly isn’t a ‘ quiet ‘ time at Disney anymore , maybe in a few more years when they price the regular people out and it’s just bill gates and Beyoncé swanning around ! So many people have moved trips and booked them on a whim, because Of covid, I was thinking about This the other day , america hasn’t even been open a year yet to us Brits , that’s mad ! I’ve decided to book genie plus for the 2nd week of our trip , we are lucky enough to be right next door to Epcot And Hollywood studios and will make the use of the early couple of jet lag starts, then we currently get the extra evening hours as we are a deluxe ( sorry that sounds so wanky 🙈) and then we have genie plus as a back up the following week xx
We were originally staying in the beach club so a great location like you, I'm gutted we can't stay there now. I didn't know you could book it for one week, I'm thinking of doing the first week at Disney and then as hoc the second week.

I'm going in September so still a little way away and we haven't even paid for half of it yet haha, but I'm already so excited!

Reactions: 1
We were originally staying in the beach club so a great location like you, I'm gutted we can't stay there now. I didn't know you could book it for one week, I'm thinking of doing the first week at Disney and then as hoc the second week.
I’ve booked directly with Disney & genie plus shows for me as an add on , I’m pretty sure it’s £15 per person , per day xx

We have already pre booked Genie+ for our 2 week trip via Disney direct, think it was about £95 pounds each for 14 days, and we basically just felt we would factor that into the price of our ticket rather than view it as an add on.

We really are not good at queueing though so even if it helps a skip 1 or 2 lines a day it will be worth it for us - the last week or sowhen it’s been quieter there’s been lots available so if it is like that in September then we go it will be 100% worth it.

We have also booked a night at Royal Pacific at universal so we will have express unlimited there for our 2 days at universal which we are very excited for as we love the rides there.

Just got back. Ended up getting the Rona out there. Didn’t realise until I tested when I got back. Just thought all the rides I was going on was causing my head to split. 🤣.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
For anyone waiting for a dining deal it’s out May 26th. Better than nothing!

“On sale May 26! Our best offer for 2023 holidays is nearly here!
The magic is yours! Stay in selected Walt Disney World Resort Hotels in 2023 and get:
Up to $1200 Dining and Merchandise Credit per room
Disney's 14 Day Magic Ticket for the price of a 7-Day
$200 Disney Spending Money
Terms and conditions apply, find out more on May 26!”

Reactions: 2
For anyone waiting for a dining deal it’s out May 26th. Better than nothing!

“On sale May 26! Our best offer for 2023 holidays is nearly here!
The magic is yours! Stay in selected Walt Disney World Resort Hotels in 2023 and get:
Up to $1200 Dining and Merchandise Credit per room
Disney's 14 Day Magic Ticket for the price of a 7-Day
$200 Disney Spending Money
Terms and conditions apply, find out more on May 26!”
I was hoping they might bring it back this year, but it's great for people going next year.

I was hoping they might bring it back this year, but it's great for people going next year.
There is Disney dining for this year? Is that what you meant? The 14 for 7 is just a standard offer, I think it’s been that offer for the past 30 years - literally!

There is Disney dining for this year? Is that what you meant? The 14 for 7 is just a standard offer, I think it’s been that offer for the past 30 years - literally!
I didn't see it when I booked, it wasn't available for me

I'm going in December and booked with virgin, maybe that's why
Its usually on a booking window. So if you booked between May-Nov, then the dining offer would apply (if it's an applicable stay). Virgin holidays, as with many other travel companies will promote the offer. I worked as a Disney trained agent for many years.

I've never booked a Disney holiday outside of an offer period/eligibility. I.e I don't stay in AOA LM rooms because they are usually exempt from dining offers.

I have added a dining offer to an existing booking in prior years. If your stay is eligible, you can contact Virgin and ask if they can update your existing reservation to include dining offer....
However, dining plan/credits are based on rack rate, so if you received a discount on your room, then that would no longer be applicable and you would need to pay difference plus any amendment fees.

Reactions: 2
Its usually on a booking window. So if you booked between May-Nov, then the dining offer would apply (if it's an applicable stay). Virgin holidays, as with many other travel companies will promote the offer. I worked as a Disney trained agent for many years.

I've never booked a Disney holiday outside of an offer period/eligibility. I.e I don't stay in AOA LM rooms because they are usually exempt from dining offers.

I have added a dining offer to an existing booking in prior years. If your stay is eligible, you can contact Virgin and ask if they can update your existing reservation to include dining offer....
However, dining plan/credits are based on rack rate, so if you received a discount on your room, then that would no longer be applicable and you would need to pay difference plus any amendment fees.
Thank you, I'll contact virgin and ask if there is a meal plan available

I posted this in Brogan Tate’s thread but thought it was also appropriate here - if anyone has any q’s about Disney happy to help if I can. 😊

We have just come back from two weeks in Florida. Don’t get me wrong we had a wonderful time, and pre Covid we loved going to Florida every year.
This time however it just felt a little different and was a bit of an eye opener - we realised there are more places we want to see, and can do that a lot cheaper than Florida.
It was still very fun, but there’s just some changes (ie Genie+) and just being so much more aware of how expensive every thing was that it just feels like Disney are money grabbing at every opportunity. (I know they are a massive corporation and they will have always been about money I guess we were blinkered before 🤣)
That being said we will definitely be back one day but not for a few years, and when we do we will definitely look at staying off site as the perks just aren’t worth it like they used to be.
Also don’t let this put you off at all as we had an amazing holiday and the magic is definitely still there, it’s just a little different to what we’ve been used to! 😊

Reactions: 7
That's really interesting Jess. I'm staying off site in October so it's good to have that validated. I've been off and onsite before but it seems like they've jacked up the prices for onsite but taken away a lot of the benefits.

I felt that way a bit about Disneyland but because it's the OG it retained a lot of the magic I love about it.

Did you do Universal? How was that 'post pandemic'?

Last edited:
Also staying off site in October, haven’t been for a few years and won’t be going for a few after either - definitely more places to explore!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.