Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Siesta Key is the most amazing white sand beach, theres not that much on the beach, but the little town centre has a few bars and shops. Abel’s ice cream is on the way in/out, love stopping there.
We also love to have a drive/walk around Celebration and choose which home we’d live in if had the money 😂
We went to a baseball game once in Port Charlotte, no idea what was going on but it was good fun and very family friendly. The stadium had a grass section for picnic blankets and lots of space for little ones to run around.
Venice was also a lovely town centre to wander around.
The crayola experience in the mall was lots of fun, I don’t see that get mentioned much.
The best thing we’ve done in Florida was going to see rocket launches, (obvs much harder to plan a holiday around, nasa puts a list of the upcoming launches online) Saw two space x launches, once at the Kennedy visitor centre ($$) and once from a beach park nearby, free but busy! If you have packing space take some binoculars.

hope you had good news yorkshire lady!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Me again - Results are good. NED!

Thank you for caring. In all honesty, apart from my husband and children who I told first, you guys were next.
Whilst I’m so grateful that I’m In Remission it made me realise I’m very lonely and had no friends to tell. So thank you 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The best thing we’ve done in Florida was going to see rocket launches, (obvs much harder to plan a holiday around, nasa puts a list of the upcoming launches online) Saw two space x launches, once at the Kennedy visitor centre ($$) and once from a beach park nearby, free but busy! If you have packing space take some binoculars.
You are much more lucky than me! I've been twice for launches and both times the launch has been scrubbed.

Reactions: 2
You are much more lucky than me! I've been twice for launches and both times the launch has been scrubbed.
I should have said, that was 4 attempts, once for weather, once for technical.
We’re science mad in our house and have planned quite a few holidays around a Cern visit, solar eclipses and if we find a museum we’re all over it 😂 my bloody kids will be educated wether they like it or not.

(the science centre in orlando is not bad, but not amazing for anyone interested)

I'm thinking of spending a few nights at an onsite hotel now I've subbed down my Loews stay to just one night- has anyone here done Pop Century before? I've heard good things and I'm keen to get on the Skyliner for the first time 😊

Also, where are people getting their Disney tickets these days? I don't fancy ATD as they've worked with an influencer I dislike

I'm thinking of spending a few nights at an onsite hotel now I've subbed down my Loews stay to just one night- has anyone here done Pop Century before? I've heard good things and I'm keen to get on the Skyliner for the first time 😊

Also, where are people getting their Disney tickets these days? I don't fancy ATD as they've worked with an influencer I dislike
Haven't stayed in Pop, but have you looked at Swan/Dolphin, I have found in the past the prices can be similar and you get extra evening hours and all the other perks?

As for tickets ATD are for me still the best even with their questionable taste in influencer choices. They are really quick, usually one of the cheapest and have really good customer service. If you are after a one day ticket I have used orlandoattractions.com in the past as you can buy worldwide tickets. This year though their 2 day Universal ticket was more expensive than ATD's 14 day so a no brainer for me going with ATD.

We stayed at Pop Century for our 2 week hols last month. Whilst we’ve said for our next trip we would likely stay off site we would still be tempted to stay here again if the price was right. Skyliner was the best part of it - getting to Hollywood Studios and Epcot is such a breeze, and leaving at the end of the day is so convenient and efficient! Also in general just thought Pop was a good location, getting to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom by bus was really quick. Also found the buses really good too, think the longest we waited for one was 25 minutes but that was during a storm at Hollywood Studios so buses had to be put on last minute as the Skyliner closed. Definitely recommend 😊

Favourite offsite places to eat? Breakfast and dinner spots! Nothing too fancy…
Ooh yes I’m interested in this too! It’s been so long since I’ve been everything seems to have changed! When we very first went (1988!) it was literally a Danish from the 7/11 or a proper restaurant. We thought that was so cool though 😂

• Haha
Longhorn steakhouse! Honestly went here all the time when I worked at Disney. Also BJs Brewhouse. Those were probably the two places I ate at the most. We also loved The Melting Pot for something a bit fun

I'm going to DL Paris in August with my niece. We are staying at one of the Disney hotels. Where do people recommend for food?

Not sure if they still do 241 but when we last went off site in 2017 we ate at CiCi’s pizza at least 3 times, I’d printed off a load of coupons before we left so we both got all you can eat pizza for £14 all in. It’s not the nicest place in terms of setting but we found the pizza really good especially for the price! (the cinnamon buns are to die for as well!)

Reactions: 3
Not sure if they still do 241 but when we last went off site in 2017 we ate at CiCi’s pizza at least 3 times, I’d printed off a load of coupons before we left so we both got all you can eat pizza for £14 all in. It’s not the nicest place in terms of setting but we found the pizza really good especially for the price! (the cinnamon buns are to die for as well!)
Yes! We went here loads as well last time I was there!!!

• Heart
Cici’s garlic bread is 👌🏼
I’ve not been myself yet but friends that just got back really recommended Sickies, Lizzie’s BBQ and Millers.

I'm going to DL Paris in August with my niece. We are staying at one of the Disney hotels. Where do people recommend for food?
I enjoyed the buffets at Billy Bob's (Tex Mex) and Agrabah Cafe (Middle Eastern). I was pleasantly surprised by how good the quick service pizzas were at Colonel Hattis. Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village is always good too.

I enjoyed the buffets at Billy Bob's (Tex Mex) and Agrabah Cafe (Middle Eastern). I was pleasantly surprised by how good the quick service pizzas were at Colonel Hattis. Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village is always good too.
Thank you. I last went to DLP over 20 years ago for one day when there was only one park!

Mirroring this, those are definitely my favourite spots for food at DLP. I didn't mind the Lucky Nugget either, the food is basic but good and the entertainment there is fun.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.