Dishwashers & other household appliances...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are in the middle of renovating our house. Just ordered our kitchen and I am quibbling with OH about dishwashers... he wants to buy the “lamona” direct from howdens however I think that sourcing our own separately would be better quality.

Any recommendations on the best branded integrated dishwashers? Any to avoid at all costs?

Then the same question regarding: toasters/kettle/microwave etc.

Anything any of you couldn’t live without in your kitchen???

Reactions: 2
I live alone so a dishwasher would be impractical.

That said, I do have a Beko washing machine and TD, that have both served me well over the last 3 years (touch wood)

My chest freezer is a Russell Hobbs, and my fridge/freezer is also a Beko - all of them rather excellent and trouble free (touch wood again!)

Toaster is a Russell Hobbs, Sarnie Maker is a Breville and Air Fryer is a Pro Breeze

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I ripped out one of my kitchen cupboards and put in an integrated slimline dishwasher when I bought my home a long time ago! Lasted 10 years, I think it was a beko. Recently replaced with a free standing cheaper brand Electra, I'd never heard of them but it's been brilliant.

Washing machine is hotpoint which needed recalled and replaced last year. tumble dryer is hoover candy, bought from John Lewis for a longer warranty which was needed as the control panel broke after about 14 months.

Samsung fridge with water dispenser which I think it a bit of a gimmick now as we hardly use it, especially during the cooler months.

Looking to get a new microwave toaster and kettle in the near future, my morphy Richards toaster doesn't toast both sides evenly 🙄 very annoying

We have a Miele G7362SCVi - I love it but it is really big. Probably holds more than our 5 person household needs. We’ve also just got the LG Instaview and I love that too

Sign up for the which free trial. I don’t find one brand good for all appliances unless you can stretch to Bosch.
Indisit dishwashers are good in the lower-mid end and Beko for laundry IMO.
Avoid Hoover and Candy laundry.
I really wouldn’t bother with Lamona - plus the internal size And layout of their inbuilt fridges/freezers is a bit crap IMO.

Love beko appliances. They've never let us down.
I second this. We have a slimline beko dishwasher (not built in) and it’s fabulous. Would love a Bosch or other fancy brand but if you’re on a budget Beko is perfectly fine in my experience, always good to check reviews though.

I’ve had a hotpoint washing machine for going on 8 years now with zero issues, it’s been used regularly during this time. Been through about 3 tumble dryers though. Never had much luck with them, whether I’ve spent a little more or not, so now I go for the cheaper brands like candy/hoover as in my experience they end up breaking down regardless.

One appliance that gets used regularly in our house is the halo fryer. Usually for home made chips or wedges, sometimes even roast potatoes. Ours is quite chunky though and takes up a fair bit of space, there’s a few different brands of air fryer now some of which look a little smaller.

I second this. We have a slimline beko dishwasher (not built in) and it’s fabulous. Would love a Bosch or other fancy brand but if you’re on a budget Beko is perfectly fine in my experience, always good to check reviews though.

I’ve had a hotpoint washing machine for going on 8 years now with zero issues, it’s been used regularly during this time. Been through about 3 tumble dryers though. Never had much luck with them, whether I’ve spent a little more or not, so now I go for the cheaper brands like candy/hoover as in my experience they end up breaking down regardless.

One appliance that gets used regularly in our house is the halo fryer. Usually for home made chips or wedges, sometimes even roast potatoes. Ours is quite chunky though and takes up a fair bit of space, there’s a few different brands of air fryer now some of which look a little smaller.
I had a bosch washing machine and didn't rate it. Went back to beko.

We love our air fryer, use it several. Times a week

All of our appliances are AEG, (dishwasher, built in fridge ovens, microwave, hob, coffee maker) we’ve had them for 10 years, the dishwasher has needed parts in the last couple of years but we’ve always had appliance cover with Scottish Gas, so I just phone them and leave them to it. Our kettle is delonghi and toaster is an old one from next, but sits in the cupboard not on display, and tumble dryer and washing machine are both zanussi, I’m pretty sure the fridge freezer is Beko and roughly the same age as our other appliances but keep it in the utility room, touch wood we’ve had no issues with it. We plan on putting our house on the market very soon, but in our next kitchen I’d love the Quooker hot water tap.

Our appliances are all Bosch (new build, fitted as standard) and I really rate them if you can stretch to them.. except our washer dryer which is Samsung. less than a year old and had to have a new pump fitted last week. expected more tbh

Weve got a lamona dishwasher. Its been fine. We did only pay £30 for it as it was ex display from howdens.

We got the rest of our appliances from a.o. (let's go🤣)

Sign up for the which free trial. I don’t find one brand good for all appliances unless you can stretch to Bosch.
Indisit dishwashers are good in the lower-mid end and Beko for laundry IMO.
Avoid Hoover and Candy laundry.
I really wouldn’t bother with Lamona - plus the internal size And layout of their inbuilt fridges/freezers is a bit crap IMO.
Their built in fridge freezers and TINYYY. My mum got one and has had to have another fridge freezer in the garage. We had Indesit washing machine and separate dryer for 8 years. Had some right hammer. Was getting on their last legs so got samsung ones when we had a new kitchen, very pricey tho.

I've got a Zanussi fridge freezer that's done really well with zero problems for maybe 10 years. I bought a Zanussi condenser tumble dryer and thats incredible, really good. The washer is a Hotpoint and we've had that for about 8 years and its fine.
Worst buys were a Kalvinator fridge freezer, a pile of tit it kept freezing up all the time and a New World cooker that was like a tin can thrown together. Going forward I will get Zanussi appliances in the future as I think they are very good from my experience.

Henry Vacuum Cleaner - I know it doesn't strictly belong in the kitchen, but you can't go wrong with a Henry; better than a bloody Dyson anyway.

Has anyone got/had a Hoover washing machine before? We have a Samsung ecobubble but are moving house and need to buy one - I was going to get the same again but the Hoover looks slightly cheaper? Although I’d never heard of it before!

I had a Bosch dishwasher (second hand), I moved and there's no space for a dishwasher 😔 I think it was around 13 years old when I moved house, I had something fixed on it once in 7 years.
I've got a Samsung ecobubble but wouldn't get one again, hisense fridge freezer and I think my cooker is zanusi. All are freestanding

I will never ever use Hoover or Candy anything. Dishwasher that doesn’t clean the dishes, washing machine that ruins clothes. Never again. Also a hotpoint fridge - broke down after just 2 years!
Washing machine is Bosch, I love it, has all the wash types I use. We have just a basic one. Induction job is from Bosch as well, really good as well.Our dishwasher is Bosch too, and it does the job, we have just a small one. Would prefer a bigger one, but it wouldn’t fit. We just bought our new fridge freezer from Beko (the only one that fitted), so cannot say if it’s any good yet.
Toaster and kettle are also from Bosch. I am not sponsored 😂 but I just like them, never had any problems. All the little random gadgets like a waffle maker, window vacuum etc are from Silver Crest (from Lidl) and they all work well too, especially considering the price point.