Derek Acorah has died

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hope he is able to haunt some of his rivals now.

I always found him entertaining (funny how all those spirits had the same accent when channelling through him); some of my family watched Most Haunted religiously and my auntie would say ā€œitā€™s you lot that are putting diamond studs in his earsā€ šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I used to love most haunted when he was in it . Not sure I believe or disbelieve him as a medium , but I do think he was set up by Karl and Yvette. He did come across as a genuinely nice man

Reactions: 5
I always felt his treatment by Karl Beattie and the horrific Yvette at Most Haunted was unfair and became the butt of jokes. He was set up to look like he was fake because Yvette hated him being more popular than her. - something I just read on the Digital Spy forum.
Iā€™ve yet to look on DS but I do remember that before they got caught out there was a thread on there that used to agree to message into MH at the same time that they could see people/shadows

Posted too soon - generally false info for them to latch on to and often agreed with :ROFLMAO:

I saw him in Southport and he appeared so genuine. It wouldn't surprise me if that c u next Tuesday Karl set him right up. Ive been on his Twitter and he posted on Christmas Eve, so sad. Here today, gone tomorrow. RIP Derek xxx

Reactions: 3
Well he did deserve some of the abuse because he made up speaking to dead people... right??

Reactions: 4
Apparently he lived in the same town as me. People on Facebook are posting about how they would always bump into him in Tesco and how theyā€™ll miss it.

Sad regardless of who he was (or what naff town he chose to live in!) RIP

Reactions: 1
I had no idea Colin Fry had died! My sis in law and I used to watch MH all the time and knew it was all bull. Everytime we saw Derek we would shout Winifred at the TV, after it was one of his best episodes. MH went downhill after he left, all took itself too seriously, poor Karl getting attacked by spirits all the the time :rolleyes:

wasn't he outed as being a fake?
Yes he was. And Yvette Fielding (who worked with him before he got sacked) posted a very short tribute that clearly read as though she felt she had to post something but sheā€™d never forgiven him

Reactions: 2
I think good riddance to people who lie about speaking to dead loved ones. Itā€™s cruel to give people ā€œmessagesā€ from passed relatives.
Iā€™m sure he was super friendly to people stopping in the street, Iā€™d be nice to everyone too if I thought Iā€™d made a mint by bluffing about the other side. Got to keep the illusion going otherwise the money train stops....Just because he was friendly in the local shopdoesnā€™t mean he wasnā€™t a cold reading, manipulative POS. In my opinion.

Reactions: 7
I think good riddance to people who lie about speaking to dead loved ones. Itā€™s cruel to give people ā€œmessagesā€ from passed relatives.
Iā€™m sure he was super friendly to people stopping in the street, Iā€™d be nice to everyone too if I thought Iā€™d made a mint by bluffing about the other side. Got to keep the illusion going otherwise the money train stops....Just because he was friendly in the local shopdoesnā€™t mean he wasnā€™t a cold reading, manipulative POS. In my opinion.
Agreed.

Reactions: 2
I know someone who had worked with him in the same industry and they said he was indeed, once, genuine in his field but the fame got to him and made him ridiculous and a parody of himself almost. Talking of Sally Morgan, dear god, I saw her live years ago it was soo embarrassing. She put on a voice of the deceased she was 'talking to'. So like this child that had drowned was coming through to her and she put on this high pitch voice saying "mummy its water, the water". I couldn't believe it, the audience were horrified and some left... i thought it was far too much.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
There's been so many Colin Fry and Sally Morgan to name a few. I saw Derek in a show he was doing and he was very accurate. One of the persons he connected too i bumped into and i asked her if she was genuine or if she was planted there, she assures me she was merely a fan and was shocked that Derek had made a connection to her deceased Son via her.
a friend of mine went to see him in a sitting in Liverpool and he predicted the name of her son( she didn't know she was pregnant at that stage) he also predicted the dads full name which only a few people knew, she hadn't had any contact beforehand or filled in any forms and it was the days before SM took off , she had split with the babies dad and he said to watch this space because in time they will come together, she came out laughing saying that was tit , but then found out she was pregnant, she had a boy called him what derek had predicted, she was still arguing with his dad and he went abroad as derek predicted, when he came back they worked it out and married, she changed her mind when she remembered the sitting she had with him. A lot of coincidences or was it all true, either way she became a believer. He seemed a nice fella

Reactions: 6
I remember crying I was so scared watching the MH at Pendle live Halloween episodes.

I also remember when he channelled a dog:LOL:

I think he was as good as any medium (I don't think it's channelling spirits, it's clever reading of body language etc...) and highly entertaining.

• Haha