Dating after lockdown #6 Block him!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Took the plunge and re-downloaded Hinge. Matched with someone and been talking for a little while. Said would like to meet - been a VERY long time since I dated in general, do folk usually suggest meeting this quickly? I don't even know how to date anymore....

Reactions: 2
How long is ‘a little while? Are we talking hours or days? I’ve found post-pandemic guys certainly are more eager to meet quickly even after one days worth of messaging! I put it down to pent up sexual frustration and tell them I like to get to know them first, if they go quiet I was right

It just depends really. Some people prefer to talk for a while to feel someone out before agreeing to meet, and some people like to strike while the iron's hot and meet someone straight away to discover if there's any chemistry in person instead of chatting over text / the phone for weeks. Also depends on how busy people's schedules are.

Just meet when you feel comfortable .

Reactions: 8
Yeah it may be better to see if there is a connection early on rather than dragging out messaging. Not getting any younger

Reactions: 7
Yeah it may be better to see if there is a connection early on rather than dragging out messaging. Not getting any younger
And technology is our friend ! Phone calls and facetime help to filter out the wrong uns too ! For me the ones that refuse to do either go straight in the bin ! You can get a good sense of a person from a call / facetime.

And it certainly saves the first date disappointed wasted time feeling !

Reactions: 4
Oh I cant wait to see how this unfolds over the next few days. You are single but with feelings for both men so you can see both until you agree to be in a couple with one of them. Oh your life is so exciting. Please report back!

Reactions: 6
we may have sauna sex? Is this a thing (no judgement) just curious. I just don’t know about these things lol. I have never seen people do this in a spa?

I said I was off to get my car washed recently and one guy I was speaking to said he would love to be there with me? “I wouldn’t be able to keep my hands off you” was his line. I literally just went through an automatic car wash.. Is the car wash really a sex thing too?

idk how I’m 28 and don’t know these things but Is it like where ever you can do it you do it?

ps sounds like a story/film I’d watch haha report back

Last edited:

We spoke last night and essentially found an agreement - we will keep seeing each other and I will date other people, too (first dates).

He initially wanted to explain that he is not even sure if he is going to move, but then agreed that as he is buying a house there this is his intention and that it is not fair on me.

He suggested dates for the weekend getaway, but I am not that keen tbh. I don't want to get too close to him.

I don't want to end things with him right now.
My life is pretty shit at the moment and I need to do a lot of scary things, so having the evenings with him as escapism helps me cope. I also like the physical touch right now. He enjoys it, too, so nobody is exploiting anyone.

We always take nude pics/videos together or when we’re apart so he said yes to my cock selfie haha I love them

Reactions: 3
Omg I’m in a very similar predicament and was coming here for advise!!

Man 1: been seeing each other since mid may and he is perfect on paper but…due to his job I’ve only physically seen him around 8-10 times. I believe he’s telling the truth about work but there’s been times I think he could have met me. The other but, is it’s always at mine even though he’s spoken about taking me out it’s just never happened. My love language is quality time.

Man 2: we met through friends 8 years ago and there always been chemistry but I was in a relationship when we hung out, he messaged me a few years ago but I was already seeing someone. This weekend we started talking again and he jumped at the chance to see me Sunday and Monday evening. It was so comfortable after not seeing each other for years and he’s planning dates, etc. However, he’s not the typical type I would go for and he is very loud and out there (also from the same place and profession as my ex which puts me off). He’s always messaging and very upfront with how he feels.

My head is all over the place as it’s one extreme to the other (super chill & Irish or quite forward)! I obviously don’t want to lead anyone on but no clue what to do

Reactions: 1
OK. New match person has requested a date tomorrow... Still only had brief conversation via the app... not exchanged numbers. Linked insta looks legit and found a matching FB (I think I watch too much catfish). I'm super scared mind. Haven't been on an app date for honestly over a decade....

Reactions: 1
If you meet him in a public place, like in a coffee shop outside or so - if the weather suits?

I have a conversation first to see if you get on. I have had a couple of chats that I knew would go nowhere.

With regard to doing some social media snooping I am the queen of this. One bloke gave me enough bits of information to find his two ex wives, address, private practice and his kids facebook. I even had a look on Companies House for his accounts!!!

Reactions: 10
Personally for me man 2 sounds more up my street but I think as things progress you'll naturally gravitate towards one of them more

Can I hire you ?!!

I never do this.

Tbh I don't even know the last name of the guy I have been dating since early June. I am not normal

I never do this.

Tbh I don't even know the last name of the guy I have been dating since early June. I am not normal
I never look either but yesterday I was randomly scrolling and saw that a lad I had a 8 month lockdown thing with has moved in with his girlfriend and is having a baby. Funny how fast some people move but I felt happy for him.

Reactions: 5
Hahaha @Universal shall we set up our own fbi agency. I think our skills would work well I do this with the guy I dated in 2019 I literally could tell you his cousins names, before our first date as I was that

Reactions: 7
I've also always been a great detective online, it's why I literally have a degree based in finding information Instagram is the place to start imo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.