Dandruff/dry and itchy scalp

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never had dandruff or any scalp problems in my life but lately it’s been so itchy and I have all these disgusting dry patches. I’m trying not to itch it! So far I’ve tried: Tgel (both the Original and light formulas), oil soaks with coconut oil or olive oil, body shops ginger shampoo, putting moisturiser on my scalp (last resort!). I tried washing my hair less frequently but this didn’t seem to work either. I don’t dye my hair or do anything to it so I don’t know why it’s rebelling like this. I’m embarrassed to get a haircut until this is sorted!

I'm allergic to something in normal shampoo and my head gets exactly like that if I use it too often. The only thing that helps is using head and shoulders, it's got something in that calms it from the first time I use it and gets rid of it all completely in about 3 days. Make sure you rub it all into your scalp and leave it on for a few minutes. Oh and don't buy the 2 in 1, it leaves my hair so greasy!

Pop into your local pharmacy and ask them for advice, they may well have something that would help and can better advise on what it might be 🙂

Is it dandruff or dry scalp? It can be confusing as to which but it would be the best thing to figure out first. I am currently suffering with dry scalp and the remedies aren’t always the same for both. Coconut oil helps my scalp and also I have bought this which is helping too
C5E6BB32-D8A6-48D6-AC89-65DFB8DE224C.png

I have scalp psoriasis. Both Tgel and the body shop ginger shampoo made it worse! I also tried all of the usual over the counter and medicated shampoos/emollients etc. I came across aveeno skin relief shampoo for very dry and sensitive scalp (it has a blue lid). This shampoo has been an absolute lifesaver. I also use the aveeno cica balm on my hairline after I wash my hair. Another amazing product.

Reactions: 1
I have scalp psoriasis. Both Tgel and the body shop ginger shampoo made it worse! I also tried all of the usual over the counter and medicated shampoos/emollients etc. I came across aveeno skin relief shampoo for very dry and sensitive scalp (it has a blue lid). This shampoo has been an absolute lifesaver. I also use the aveeno cica balm on my hairline after I wash my hair. Another amazing product.
Oh yeah I’ve tried that too :LOL: To be fair I only used it twice I should probably give it more of a chance!

I get flareups like this sometimes, they’re so awful. I got a shampoo called Capasal off Amazon (cheaper via the chemist tho) and using it daily for a week or so really helped. A little goes a long way too.

Reactions: 2
I get flareups like this sometimes, they’re so awful. I got a shampoo called Capasal off Amazon (cheaper via the chemist tho) and using it daily for a week or so really helped. A little goes a long way too.
Another vote for capasal

Philip Kingsley Scalp Toner is fab.
Ooh, Philip Kingsley also does a scalp exfoliating mask which is very cooling at least. I’ve also got an exfoliating scrub by Ameliorate. Both of these come with a good applicator so you can apply it right on to your scalp. And clearly I have more scalp issues than I thought 😬

Capasal for me too! I have psoriasis and I put safflower oil & coconut oil together in a pot and put that on my head and it helps a bit x

My mum swears by body shop ginger shampoo! I like it but Superdrug do an own brand range for itchy/dry scalp and I much prefer it. Usually on an offer too plus they do a conditioner in the same range.

Reactions: 2
My mum swears by body shop ginger shampoo! I like it but Superdrug do an own brand range for itchy/dry scalp and I much prefer it. Usually on an offer too plus they do a conditioner in the same range.

I agree, the superdrug range is great. They have a scalp tonic too which is fantastic! I saw improvements after the first use.

Reactions: 3