Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dizzy

VIP Member
I read the book last year and have just finished watching on Amazon. Thought it was a really easy enjoyable watch and it stayed pretty close to the book. Really struggled to get past Billy looking 15 years older than everyone else 😂 and I found the talking heads bit quite over-acted, almost to the point of parody but was surprised at how much music was in it and that it was actually ok. Thought Reilly was the absolute star and Camilla is just so beautiful. Loved her outfits, so cool and classy.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

KeriRhys

VIP Member
I will be there
Oh god....I'd love it so much!!!
Not entirely sure I'd survive seeing Sam and Riley like that live!! 🔥🔥

I watched the last two episodes last night and I cried so much!! 😭 it was so well done and I think it done the book ending justice!

Warren being an absolute legend and unproblematic king was my favourite 😂

Did anyone else not like Eddie?? Ive seen so much love online for him, but i hated him 🙈 both book and show! I enjoyed it when Billy clocked him

Reactions: 9

Heidi88

VIP Member
Any one more interested in Karen and Graham? I wish they got a bit more air time. I think the actors have great chemistry.

I am really enjoying the series but thought the episode on Simone and Greece didnt need a full episode on it's own.

Reactions: 8

Gossip101xoxo

I liked the book and the show is ok so far, im on episode 6 but the fact sam claflin looks 40 when everyone else looks 25 is off putting for me

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Pinkfoxxie

Yes I’m watching 😁 I haven’t read the book either (mostly as I didn’t know there was a book 😂) loving the series so far though, great music and love the 70’s vibes

Reactions: 3

Betty-xoxox

I see what people meant by crying about the last episode. I’ve not read the book so I don’t know if it has the same ending as the series. But I really enjoyed it, felt like they all had their own love/hate moments.

ls240898

VIP Member
Any one more interested in Karen and Graham? I wish they got a bit more air time. I think the actors have great chemistry.

I am really enjoying the series but thought the episode on Simone and Greece didnt need a full episode on it's own.
I wish they hadn’t just done the standalone episode there, unless they were going to lean in to the book more

Well I’ve just finished the last episode with tears streaming down my face and all I can say is that I think the book ending was perfect for the book and the series ending was perfect for the series.

KeriRhys

VIP Member
I'm so glad there's a Daisy Jones and The Six thread!
I'm watching too and really enjoying! I have read the book and loved it, so was really looking forward to seeing how it was done!

I'm loving Sam and Reilly as Billy and Daisy, they're absolutely nailing it and their chemistry is just off the charts! 🔥 🔥
I'm sad it's almost done! 😞

Ginnyjo

VIP Member
I read the book, loved the book and didn't expect to, was hoping they'd do it justice and so far so good, Riley is utterly perfect, tbh all of them were cast well, except for Nicky :D
I honestly also didn't expect anything music wise, but the songs are much better than expected and I've listened to the album more than once.

I'm hoping they don't change the ending, it makes sense.

The only thing I'd notice they missed out was Daisy was more chaotic in the book before meeting the band.

ls240898

VIP Member
Well I’ve just finished the last episode with tears streaming down my face and all I can say is that I think the book ending was perfect for the book and the series ending was perfect for the series.
You weren’t joking about the tears!

I was rooting for Daisy and Bill until the very end - the final episode showed me that they really weren’t meant to be together at that time

Reactions: 2

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
Ugh I loved this so much, then read the book because I needed something to get me through waiting for episodes, and it kind of took the shine off. I should have waited and enjoyed them separately. Sam and Riley were perfect on screen but they did Camilla dirty with the changes.

Ginnyjo

VIP Member

Nevermind Nicky confusing the feck out of me, I had to stop and google it, was worried I missed some main Irish character :D

• Haha

KeriRhys

VIP Member
a Buzzfeed article has revealed that we do get the book ending
“As for Billy and Daisy’s romance, it’s a shame that the story never leans fully into the spectacle of them getting together. Billy spends the whole series pouting that he loves his wife, while Daisy spends it denying that she loves Billy. This shared emotional constipation is supposed to be the root of their transcendent connection, but it feels less like a love story than an adolescent spat. At least the Fleetwood Mac folks had affairs and got divorced! Billy and Daisy kiss exactly two times, and the second time, Billy only does it because he thinks Camila has already left him. Then Daisy tells him to go get her back.”

read the spoiler review at your own risk:https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/izzyampil/daisy-and-the-six-tv-show-review
Jeez...the reviewer didn't hold back she!??

• Haha