Cutting off family

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry you’ve all been through such tough situations with family members. I haven’t cut off family members per se, I simply have nothing at all to do with some of them, due to a complicated situation and would never include them ever, as part of my life going forwards. I’ve cut friends out though, very close friends. It is hard, and you do go through a grieving process, but life really is too short to continually feel like tit. Honestly, after a while they no longer enter your head and you feel so much more free... of obligations, stress, worry... Do whatever you need to do to be happy. We only have one life. Surround yourself with people who love and care for you and have always got your back. Unfortunately, our relatives don’t always suit this role, even though you’d want/expect them to. The best thing you can do for your own health and happiness, is to accept that they are who they are, and they can’t/won’t change no matter how much you want them to. So sometimes regrettably, they need to be left to live their lives without you. Blood relatives or not. Focus on yourself and the family you create and be happy. 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 3