Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wiltingviolet

It had never occurred to me that strictly fans held Curtis responsible for AJ leaving strictly. AJ has always been very clear that it found the routine gruelling and very restrictive. As a personality I think he tends to be rather more ego driven and therefore not ideally suited to mentoring or teaching. That’s not a criticism as such - people are different and differently motivated. Some
Fans seem offended or even hurt that he left, and certainly he didn’t word it in the most sensitive way

As for his relationship break up I'm not quite buying the tabloid story - the reality is that he and Abbie had been doing less and less together over the previous months. I suspect they had already begun to drift apart - she was very much pursuing more of an influencer lifestyle and he was less in attendance for that.

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I don't know, I think you could make a reasonable case for the opposite. I think it's clear she comes from money but unless her parents are funding her lifestyle (which is certainly possible) you have to wonder how she finances what looks to be a pretty lavish lifestyle.

On the other hand while social media influencing is never as big an earner as they would like you to believe even doing an #ad for something like a car freshener regularly nets you quite a bit of money especially since he pools these ads with Curtis who will have the bigger following due to Love Island. Also he does the circuit of reality/challenge shows which pay very well. I remember it being reported Maisie Smith had the lowest pay of anyone on Celebrity SAS (which surprised me as I thought she'd be a big name for them to have) with £25,000. If AJ was paid only slightly more...say 30 thousand that's big money for 3 weeks work and I'm a Celeb would be significantly more. Also as much as people may scoff at pantomime it pays very well, some of the old time entertainers fund their whole year just by doing panto at Christmas and Easter. It's not like he leads a lavish lifestyle to blow through this money plus both he and Zara will have a lot gifted. I wouldn't be surprised if all the holidays are gifted too.
Was it you who said on the Strictly thread that AJ and Curtis would have had a successful BBC career if it hadn’t been for COVID?