cultofyouth

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes some of the stuff she is reselling really surprised me how different it was to what she perceives. We’re not just talking a few hundred quid on some good quality winter boots. Extortionate amounts. Odd.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think she does what most people do. She creates some things from scratch but she obviously buys chains and charms in bulk and assembles pieces like the smiley hoops. She’s not commissioning the smiley face charm exclusively for her from anyone. But she’s a hard working decent seeming human. Running a business is insanely hard. Good for her.

Reactions: 1
I think Kelly seems nice and genuine. Although every so often she posts about something she has purchased or is wearing and it's BUCKS like the £400 ugly brown chair thing just now.

Sort of makes her hard-up single mum act seem a bit put on. Yes she is much more a single Mum than the very married and co-parenting Carrie on Mere Soer. But it's the 'hard-up' part - there is some similarity between them on this. As someone who has and will likely always be working class I feel like they use the label to seem edgy and cool but then ignore the fact they are actually middle class or very much on the cusp these days! I'm happy for them but wish they could be more self aware that although their journey has been harder than many, they are actually quite priveledged compared to many still.
she just posted on IG that they’ve had 21 variations of benches, chairs or stools for their dining table this year. Even if she’s hot on buying/reselling on rn marketplace, etc, it feels so excessive

Reactions: 2
she just posted on IG that they’ve had 21 variations of benches, chairs or stools for their dining table this year. Even if she’s hot on buying/reselling on rn marketplace, etc, it feels so excessive
She has also just posted that she bought a vintage Togo sofa and that she paid for it through inheritance (that wasn't going to be spent on the roof). A very different story to the struggling single mum with an unexpected bill. It's great to see working class people make money - however hate the smoke and mirrors. If you're wealthy now, you're wealthy now!

Reactions: 1
She has also just posted that she bought a vintage Togo sofa and that she paid for it through inheritance (that wasn't going to be spent on the roof). A very different story to the struggling single mum with an unexpected bill. It's great to see working class people make money - however hate the smoke and mirrors. If you're wealthy now, you're wealthy now!
Exactly this! I don’t resent her business doing well or her being able to afford nice stuff (tbh I’d love a Togo sofa/lots of the spenny stuff she wears) but it feels more than a little at odds with the narrative we’re presented.

I work full time in an ok job, have no kids (but don’t own property) & still can’t afford the majority of her revolving door of stuff. Makes me feel like I’m doing it wrong?!